#7 Oregon @ Washington St - 12/21/20 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#7 Oregon @ Washington St - 12/21/20

Who will win this game?

• Washington St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I don't know, but it's a concern. This is hardly the player Graves has described in several interviews (and he is usually on the mark about his players). I realize she's had a bad ankle and there's alot of rust to work off, but Prince looks to me like she's playing not to get hurt rather than going full speed. I hope that changes in January.

Some random thoughts:

1) WSU is legit. This is by far the best team in Pullman that I can remember.

2) This was PaoPao's second bad game in a row, but, as they say, a good lesson. (One could say the same for the entire Oregon team.)

3) I may be alone among Oregon fans but I remain unenthused about the Mikesell recruitment. I realize having another player with college experience is a plus, and I recognize that she's a great shooter from 3, but, if she isn't lights out from outside, I don't think she brings very much to the table. More important, I believe Oregon would better off, if not now then by the end of this season and certainly long term, if Graves could simply mix and match PaoPao, Shelley, Chavez, and Scherr, the last of whom deserves the kind of time on court she got today, when her defense made a major difference.

4} As Graves commented after the game, Nyara left some points on the board today by rushing some shots and she is not (yet?) the finisher Hebard was. But . . . for someone who has only been on the court for 6 games after being on the sidelines for about 21/2 years, she's playing really well in my view, and Oregon would be in deep trouble without her inside. (She is, to my eyes, already a better rebounder than Ruthy and a more intimidating defensive presence as well.) Once she's gotten more experience and is closer to 100%, she will be a star.
Point 3. Agree on Mikesell. Her defense is sub par and she looked lost out there at times. If your not shooting well at least commit to defense.

Reaction Score
Point 3. Agree on Mikesell. Her defense is sub par and she looked lost out there at times. If your not shooting well at least commit to defense.

mikesell had always been a subpar defender. Her best attribute is her shooting with a lot of work needed in other areas.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well ... well.. well I was saying they were among the pleasant surprises... :oops:

Well I've been surprised :oops:
I'd actually say Duke may be as much a pleasant surprise as Clemson. :) Although perhaps more of a refreshing change from the underperformance to which we’d grown accustomed under the ancien régime.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow. Washington State has made a huge improvement this season. Last few years they were competitive but lacked extra moment. This year, they are playing teams well..case in point this battle with Oregon. Wow. They gave Oregon everything they had and darn near pulled off a nice win. Great win by Oregon in the end.

Reaction Score
I'd actually say Duke may be as much a pleasant surprise as Clemson. :) Although perhaps more of a refreshing change from the underperformance to which we’d grown accustomed under the ancien régime.
You are right about Duke as it looks like they will go undefeated for the rest of this season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You are right about Duke as it looks like they will go undefeated for the rest of this season.
Webster's definition:
scha-den-freu-de: pleasure derived by domerduck from triad's misfortune...:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom