6 ejected in SEC title game after South Carolina-LSU tussle | The Boneyard

6 ejected in SEC title game after South Carolina-LSU tussle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, I always think UConn plays too soft.
Kamilla Cardoso should be ejected for all the remaining season.

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- South Carolina forward Kamilla Cardoso was one of six players ejected from the SEC championship game after she shoved LSU's Flau'jae Johnson to the floor late in the fourth quarter Sunday.

Gamecocks guard MiLaysia Fulwiley had stolen the ball from Johnson, who wrapped her up and was called for an intentional foul. Johnson bumped South Carolina's Ashlyn Watkins while heading to her bench, and then the 6-foot-7 Cardoso rushed in and pushed the 5-10 Johnson to the ground.

In all, four South Carolina players were ejected and the Gamecocks had six remaining.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- South Carolina forward Kamilla Cardoso was one of six players ejected from the SEC championship game after she shoved LSU's Flau'jae Johnson to the floor late in the fourth quarter Sunday.

Gamecocks guard MiLaysia Fulwiley had stolen the ball from Johnson, who wrapped her up and was called for an intentional foul. Johnson bumped South Carolina's Ashlyn Watkins while heading to her bench, and then the 6-foot-7 Cardoso rushed in and pushed the 5-10 Johnson to the ground.

In all, four South Carolina players were ejected and the Gamecocks had six remaining.

Maybe the NCAA needs to ban all 6 from the tournament to send a message to all teams that this is not acceptable.

Kat

Reaction Score
A few weeks ago, Cardoso took a leave of absence from the team so that she could play a round with the Brazilian National Team. She was ejected for fighting in a game there, too..

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the ejected players from SC were allowed on the court after the game to celebrate with the trophy?

Reaction Score
Cardoso reminds me of Brittney Griner. They two can be very good friends.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Angel started the game by pulling out Kamilla's hair. That is on the ESPN home page in a video. It went downhill from there. The trash talking LSU team from last year is the same trash talking team this year. South Carolina has some young players this year that were not going to take it.

Reaction Score
Between the hair pulling and the brawl the refs, the coaches and the two schools should be ashamed. Maybe in the SEC the players are bigger than the game. What happens if this occurs in a tournament game as I'm sure it will if unchecked.

Reaction Score
Angel started the game by pulling out Kamilla's hair. That is on the ESPN home page in a video. It went downhill from there. The trash talking LSU team from last year is the same trash talking team this year. South Carolina has some young players this year that were not going to take it.
She set the tone early with the hair pulling and intentional foul on Kamilla (which should have resulted in her quick ouster). But we can't have the Bayou Barbie sitting in the locker room instead of being on the court to keep those eyeballs glued to the tube, can we?

Reaction Score
Angel is a trouble maker in LSU too. Never like her ....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reese didn't get ejected? Was she in the lineup when it started because I definitely saw her on the court?

Reaction Score

There are players in WCBB who actually close their hands into fists and punch other players during games - Cardoso pushed Johnson with open hands - in fact, it was more of a 50-50 of Cardoso pushing and FJ flopping, that made it look worse than it was. Those other players who threw fists were never "ejected for all the remaining season". What gives you reason to think Cardoso should be?

But you preface your position by saying that you think CT plays "too soft"? Meaning, you think CT should play in a way that should get them "ejected for all the remaining season"?? What ARE you saying here??

:confused:

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith threw a punch that connected with Kamilla. But we're okay with that since she's only 5'7 and she's slaying the big, bad 6'7 bully who pushed a 5'11 player (same player who had no problem pushing a 6'3 player).

Reaction Score

Cardoso got ejected recently for a similar type of shove in an international game. Sorry, but Dawn needs to an end a message. That’s just unacceptable poor sportsmanship on two occasions. Just learn to walk away.

Reaction Score
Angel started the game by pulling out Kamilla's hair. That is on the ESPN home page in a video. It went downhill from there. The trash talking LSU team from last year is the same trash talking team this year.
Absolutely. I don’t mind Angel’s trash talking, personally, but that kind of cheap shot play is beyond the pale. But Mulkey’s allowed this kind of nonsense for two seasons now. So you reap what you sow, I guess.

Reaction Score
Cardoso got ejected recently for a similar type of shove in an international game. Sorry, but Dawn needs to an end a message. That’s just unacceptable poor sportsmanship on two occasions. Just learn to walk away.
I agree. Between this incident, the Brazil/Germany incident, the UNC incident, and last year's Maryland dust up, it's apparent that Kamilla struggles to keep her emotions in check. We'll see how Dawn handles it because it was not a good look by any stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom