5'7" female dunker - well sort of - has hops | The Boneyard

5'7" female dunker - well sort of - has hops

Reaction Score
Visitingcock has been all over her signing. The expectations have been very high for her in SC.

Reaction Score
Probably gonna get moved to the other board but UConn fans might be interested in this view.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has all the tools but Dawn might need to reign in her flamboyance
It's a hard thing to gauge. I understand what you're trying to say but part of that flamboyance is what gives these types of players their edge. They need it to thrive. I think our current lineup could use some players with some extra moxie. It helps set that "killer mentality" Dawn always mentions. Rivers had it and it was part of the reason I was sad that she left.

Reaction Score
It's a hard thing to gauge. I understand what you're trying to say but part of that flamboyance is what gives these types of players their edge. They need it to thrive. I think our current lineup could use some players with some extra moxie. It helps set that "killer mentality" Dawn always mentions. Rivers had it and it was part of the reason I was sad that she left.
We are not in disagreement. She wants her guards to be aggressive and loves seeing her team get jacked up over a teammate doing something special (like a Watkins' dunk). However, she is a team first coach and will demand that Milaysia be a team first player.

Some flamboyance that evinces a "killer mentality" is to be encouraged. However, you don't take the difficult shot when a teammate is open (not that Milaysia doesn't like a beautiful assist). It just makes it more difficult balancing act to preach "team, team, team" when a player looks like they're playing "look at me."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think Ayana is a better dunker, but that’s just off the first video in my memories of Ayana. I do feel like each generation of “dunkers” that we are seeing is getting better. By better, I mean that their dunking ability is becoming more game functional. For that matter athleticism in the women’s game seems to grow every year. Players like Gabby Williams, and Aubrey, Griffin are outstanding athletes who do jaw dropping things every game.

And as long as we’re on this topic, let me blow off the dust on a favorite story of mine. Diana Taurasi had some kind of head to head shooting competition with a male reporter. Of course, she won handily. The reporter, looking for a justification that soothed his wounded pride, said “well, we were playing with a girls ball, that’s why I didn’t beat you.” Tarasi’s response was “well go get a men’s basketball beat you again. Hell, go get a golf ball and a bowling ball and I’ll beat you with those too!”

Reaction Score
I think Ayana is a better dunker, but that’s just off the first video in my memories of Ayana. I do feel like each generation of “dunkers” that we are seeing is getting better. By better, I mean that their dunking ability is becoming more game functional. For that matter athleticism in the women’s game seems to grow every year. Players like Gabby Williams, and Aubrey, Griffin are outstanding athletes who do jaw dropping things every game.

And as long as we’re on this topic, let me blow off the dust on a favorite story of mine. Diana Taurasi had some kind of head to head shooting competition with a male reporter. Of course, she won handily. The reporter, looking for a justification that soothed his wounded pride, said “well, we were playing with a girls ball, that’s why I didn’t beat you.” Tarasi’s response was “well go get a men’s basketball beat you again. Hell, go get a golf ball and a bowling ball and I’ll beat you with those too!”
Ayanna is a half foot taller and still has never made one in a game - the way this one (sorta') was - ok not much of a game.

Personally, I don't thinjk Ayanna will ever get one in a game. I don't think it's lack of jumping ability. I think it's a matter of peripheral vision causing hesitancy in going for it. I hope she proves me wrong though.

Ayanna will develop into an excellent rebounder and defender. Maybe she'll get a dunk on a tip in.

Reaction Score
Fulwiley will be fine. She’s bored playing against this team I’m sure. Dawn was a pretty flamboyant player herself. It’s crazy because we have been BIG oriented for so long - now our guards will be the flashy ones. Going to be fun.

Reaction Score
Cooke had some flamboyant moments in high school and has been a great teammate/rep of SC all 4 years. I’m sure Fulwiley will do great under Dawn.

Yes she did and yes she has. I have always been a big Zia fan.

Reaction Score
The young lady has some serious bounce. Hopefully she keeps improving and wanting to get better. Looks very promising for whatever program she goes too.

Reaction Score
The young lady has some serious bounce. Hopefully she keeps improving and wanting to get better. Looks very promising for whatever program she goes too.
She is a SC commit. Milaysia Fulwiley and she is really, really good. She is from Columbia, SC and lives and breathes basketball.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I haven't heard carrying called since Phil Ford was a freshman at UNC
The NBA doesn’t even really call carry anymore, and when they do the commentators are always confused or shocked. (Not that the NBA is the end all be all of perfect basketball - but is the highest men’s league in the sport, so that tells you how far out of favor that call is)

Reaction Score

And yet no dunk in live action as zi most humbly disagree that Ayana is the better Dunker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom