5 conf mates in Andy Katz Top 25 | The Boneyard

5 conf mates in Andy Katz Top 25

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

6 in top 36. 3 more in the mix. But tell me more about how the AAC is a better basketball league than the Big East.

Watching clips of youtube of some of our new and old conference mates, it's unmistakable how much better the atmospheres are at the Big East schools. Sold out crowds. Energy. Even at Creighton. Compare that to some of the morgues we were playing in at the AAC.

As for Katz top 36- Seton Hall (7th?!?), Villanova (14th), Xavier (15th), Georgetown (19th ?!), Marquette (24th), Providence (30th) In the mix- Creighton, Butler, UConn

Everyone but St. John's and DePaul

AAC- Memphis (10th), Houston (28th), USF (36th) In the mix- Cincinnati

Reaction Score
Watching clips of youtube of some of our new and old conference mates, it's unmistakable how much better the atmospheres are at the Big East schools. Sold out crowds. Energy. Even at Creighton. Compare that to some of the morgues we were playing in at the AAC.

As for Katz top 36- Seton Hall (7th?!?), Villanova (14th), Xavier (15th), Georgetown (19th ?!), Marquette (24th), Providence (30th) In the mix- Creighton, Butler, UConn

Lol what do you mean “even at Creighton”? They have one of the best fan bases in our conference (just wanted to type that)

Reaction Score
A little interview with Katz and Calhoun imbedded in that page also.
The conversation between Andy Katz and Calhoun was good. Still only understood every 3rd word he said. "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Reaction Score
lol no but it’a a fairly hilarious datapoint for the aac truthers.

I think many fans here only follow UConn and who UConn plays and don't realize the jump many of these programs made after the Big East disbanded.

Reaction Score
Do you guys really put that much stock into Andy Katz's opinion?

I looked into ESPN, NBC, SI. BE will have ~4 preseason top 25 with up to 6 or 7 in the mix. AAC will have 1, with maybe 1 more in the mix.

ESPN (Jeff Borzello June 6)
8. Nova
13. Hall
20. Xavier
23. Marq
26. Creighton
27. GTown

12. Memphis
Houston dropped

NBC (Rob Dauster June 24)
5. Nova
11. Hall
16. Xavier
22. Creighton

19. Memphis

Sports Illustrated (Jeremy Woo June 5)
5. Nova
13. Hall
23. Xavier
Dropped: Marquette

12. Memphis
Dropped: Houston

Reaction Score

Creighton might have the best fans of any school outside the P5. They pack everything. Going to have very fun away games there in many sports

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
At one point Marquette was #2 on ESPN before they dropped. I forget why they dropped. Help me out

2 seems way high but the Hauser bros transferred to UVA and MSU respectively.

Reaction Score
I think many fans here only follow UConn and who UConn plays and don't realize the jump many of these programs made after the Big East disbanded.
Agreed, a lot of this board seems to only watch UConn games and because of that they've forgotten what exciting conference basketball looks like. I never stopped watching Big East basketball and the atmosphere is just about as good as it gets, it's night and day from the AAC.

Reaction Score
lol no but it’a a fairly hilarious datapoint for the aac truthers.

Lol That’s not data.

Data is the most recent tourney bids and w/l..
That’s just a list of teams that Katz is paying the most attention to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol That’s not data.

Data is the most recent tourney bids and w/l..
That’s just a list of teams that Katz is paying the most attention to.

yes because perception means nothing in cbb and all the polls don’t correlate

go watch your mid-major league

the ECU board is also called the Boneyard. @Penfield is the best poster on their board.

Reaction Score
yes because perception means nothing in cbb and all the polls don’t correlate

go watch your mid-major league

the ECU board is also called the Boneyard. @Penfield is the best poster on their board.

Lol if you think there is such an enormous difference between the 5th & 6th place leagues (in another bad year for UConn and Memphis/WSU reloading), I won’t argue. If you think that’s enough of a gulf to cripple football, and neuter baseball and fork over 12 million on exit fees, I won’t argue.

I appreciate the perspective.

Reaction Score
Lol if you think there is such an enormous difference between the 5th & 6th place leagues (in another bad year for UConn and Memphis/WSU reloading), I won’t argue. If you think that’s enough of a gulf to cripple football, and neuter baseball and fork over 12 million on exit fees, I won’t argue.

I appreciate the perspective.
You are picking an outlier year. It was a down year for the Big East and an up year for the AAC.

This year it will be 2 or 3 vs. 6 or 7. Which is what it has been every other year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom