4v5 match ups | The Boneyard

4v5 match ups

Which 5 seed (s) will prevail

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
ASU plays as the lower seed in one of four 4 vs 5 matchups. I'm wondering which of the 5s will prevail in these four games two of which involve Pac-12 teams. I suspect the Pac-12 will get shut out in these games. Oregon State really struggled against a Boise State team that should have won that game.

I suspect in these games only one 4 will prevail.

I will be rooting hard for ASU against Miami. ASU holds a 3-0 record against the Hurricanes. However this is a home game for Miami and our lack of offensive output will be the difference in this game. As the Devils showed against UCF our defense is outstanding. That said I'm not sure we have an answer for Hof. I don't think the game will be low-scoring enough for ASU to prevail. Should be a good game however. And a great waited in the season for Charli Turner Thorne and this wonderful collection of athletes.

Reaction Score
You didn't provide a none option.

I think the injuries catch up to Gonzaga and the scare vs Boise will help Rueck get his team ready. It's still a game at Gill and in all of these the home court advantage could be the difference. Theoretically that might help FSU upset S. Carolina, since they're near home but not at home. Creme picked FSU over SC as the "result that would shock the world but not shock you" which isn't exactly a pick. The ESPN preview of the Chicago regional picked Marquette to come out of College Station... I'll be yelling for my Aggies to get a rematch of last year's S16 vs ND.

Reaction Score
Thank you. Didn't even think of that. I did update the poll for anyone who wants to say that none of the fives will win.

Reaction Score
Thank you. Didn't even think of that. I did update the poll for anyone who wants to say that none of the fives will win.
Didn't realize you can edit the poll ... and as of now I'm the only one voting for chalk. But as long as you can edit, you might want to fix the spelling for Gonzaga too.:)

Reaction Score
Interesting. The edit feature on the poll does allow you to add information. I could not determine if there was a way to edit existing choices.

Reaction Score
Oregon State baffles me because they can play amazingly for a couple games and then lose a head scratcher to a gimme team. I want Oregon State to advance, but I think they’re the most vulnerable team. Their last three games are an OT win against Arizona, a loss to Washington, and an OT win against Boise State. Hopefully they turn it around.

Reaction Score
I think part of the inconsistency with Oregon State has been their short bench. A team that relies on threes can end up with streaks on both the winning and losing side. ASU did defeat Oregon State twice. I think a strong swarming defense definitely bothers their shooters. I suspect three Pac-12 teams will reach the sweet 16 it may well be UCLA Oregon and Stanford.

Reaction Score
I think part of the inconsistency with Oregon State has been their short bench. A team that relies on threes can end up with streaks on both the winning and losing side. ASU did defeat Oregon State twice. I think a strong swarming defense definitely bothers their shooters. I suspect three Pac-12 teams will reach the sweet 16 it may well be UCLA Oregon and Stanford.
2 for 2 thus far! UO & ASU. Let's see how many more PAC-12 teams can join tomorrow.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
2 for 2 thus far! UO & ASU. Let's see how many more PAC-12 teams can join tomorrow.

I'll settle for 2 more. BYU is decent but no way Stanford should lose that game. I give Cal very little chance against Baylor. Need to get 1 of UCLA vs. Maryland and OSU vs. Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
You didn't provide a none option.

I think the injuries catch up to Gonzaga and the scare vs Boise will help Rueck get his team ready. It's still a game at Gill and in all of these the home court advantage could be the difference. Theoretically that might help FSU upset S. Carolina, since they're near home but not at home. Creme picked FSU over SC as the "result that would shock the world but not shock you" which isn't exactly a pick. The ESPN preview of the Chicago regional picked Marquette to come out of College Station... I'll be yelling for my Aggies to get a rematch of last year's S16 vs ND.
The first part of this about Zags-Beavers isn’t aging well. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom