2021 Recruiting: - 4th open roster spot | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: 4th open roster spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It’s seems like every mock draft has Bouk as a late-lottery pick and based on his play it’s highly likely that he will go pro after this year (barring anything crazy). And because I love recruiting speculation what do you think we do with the extra scholarship? It looks like Hurley got the guys he wanted out of the 2021 class so unless he takes a flyer on a under the radar guy I think he takes a sit-out transfer maybe a guard over a grad transfer. What is everyone else’s thoughts?

Reaction Score
A guard that score/create/shoot. Not asking for too much am I? Lol

Reaction Score
A lot can change between now and the spring when we try and fill the spot, but I think we need to take a transfer that can replace some of Bouk's scoring. That's the one area that I'd be very worried about with next year's team looking ahead

Reaction Score
We need a scorer. Ideally one over 6'3 that can shoot the bejesus out of the ball. A lot can change but that's what it's looking like currently.
Yeah I mean Jeez we need shooters. I don’t care how athletic you are. Open shooters don’t need hops.

Reaction Score
Don’t the seniors have an extra year of eligibility as well? That might play a factor in the type of recruits we go after. Could also affect playing time with more than 13 scholarships- unless I’m understanding the exception incorrectly.

Reaction Score
In a normal year, I'd say grad transfer or someone from the Class of 22 reclassifying to '21 late.

BUT, this is not a normal year. Kids will want out of commitments when they realize that this year's seniors aren't leaving and there are no minutes for them where they committed to go. That process could easily shake lose a few Top 50 recruits from the top schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It’s gotta be a transfer . Unless Cole, Gaffney, or Adams make miracle improvements it’s all going to be on Diggins and Hawkins to score. Not saying Freshman can’t do it but I’d feel much more comfortable with someone who’s proven they can score at the college level. Preferably a level higher than Howard as well.

Reaction Score
It’s gotta be a transfer . Unless Cole, Gaffney, or Adams make miracle improvements it’s all going to be on Diggins and Hawkins to score. Not saying Freshman can’t do it but I’d feel much more comfortable with someone who’s proven they can score at the college level. Preferably a level higher than Howard as well.
Let's relax on Cole a little, he's played 4 games in the last 2 years. I think he'll be a different player in a month.

History shows he's a scorer, yes at a lower level, but he'll be more efficient and reliable once he gets in a groove. 1 game every 2 weeks is not a recipe for success so let's see by mid-January.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's relax on Cole a little, he's played 4 games in the last 2 years. I think he'll be a different player in a month.

History shows he's a scorer, yes at a lower level, but he'll be more efficient and reliable once he gets in a groove. 1 game every 2 weeks is not a recipe for success so let's by mid-January.
Oh he’ll get better for sure , but I think if he’s the top scoring option on a big east team you’re in some trouble.

Reaction Score
I think he'll be 23 in March, I'm guessing he'll be ready to make some $ somewhere.

Seriously. Guys are going to graduate and have already been here 4 years. Why would any of them stick around for a 5th year, especially someone who's been getting significant minutes for 2 years?

This is as inane as asking whether Paige Bueckers is going to stay here for 5 years.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Seriously. Guys are going to graduate and have already been here 4 years. Why would any of them stick around for a 5th year, especially someone who's been getting significant minutes for 2 years?

This is as inane as asking whether Paige Bueckers is going to stay here for 5 years.

Only reason to stick around is if a player is legit wanting to get a Master's degree for free. Or at least get one year's worth of Master's classes done. I think Whaley is going to be making some good money next year playing ball, so I wouldn't put him in this category, but some college bball players can and should take advantage of this.

Reaction Score
Only reason to stick around is if a player is legit wanting to get a Master's degree for free. Or at least get one year's worth of Master's classes done. I think Whaley is going to be making some good money next year playing ball, so I wouldn't put him in this category, but some college bball players can and should take advantage of this.

I guess my point is: any player who you would badly want to stick around for a 5th year is going to be someone who has performed at a high level for multiple years already, and therefore has better things to do with their life, basketball-wise, than spend another year in college.

Reaction Score
No transfer will have to sit out once the one time waiver rule passes this summer, which is a lock since they just passed a midyear eligibility waiver

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

He's already said he'll consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22