Who will win this game?

• Louisiana St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, some of you SCar fans where writing off UConn versus Dawn when they meet. One of you said "I've seen enough". The truth is Tenn is actually a very good team that is just now finding itself, and they're going to be a force from here on in the SEC. LSU is not. Remember now, UConn's FT shooting and numbers from the arc were way off that night, and if they shot their averages it wouldn't have been close. So let's rethink the great advantage you thought Dawn had against UConn a bit. Now I still personally feel if both teams play to their potential UConn wins, but that's just hearsay.

Reaction Score
Who would you say are the best two or three defensive teams of those currently ranked in the top ten? I agree with your sentiment and am curious to hear who you think has it going on that side of the ball.
SC, NC State (with Cunane), and Louisville look to be the best defensive teams. Although Louisville will probably struggle on the glass against elite teams. I need to see UConn against another top 10 team to see if they can join but I don’t give them a pass beating up on Big East teams while other teams play tough teams weekly. Everyone giving SC grief for barely beating SC but they just played GA and LSU, the two other best defensive teams in the SEC. I would bet my house they both would hold these other teams to 60 points and 15+ turnovers. That’s just the way they play. They rather ugly the game up and turn you over than focus on high scoring affairs.

Reaction Score
SC, NC State (with Cunane), and Louisville look to be the best defensive teams. Although Louisville will probably struggle on the glass against elite teams. I need to see UConn against another top 10 team to see if they can join but I don’t give them a pass beating up on Big East teams while other teams play tough teams weekly. Everyone giving SC grief for barely beating SC but they just played GA and LSU, the two other best defensive teams in the SEC. I would bet my house they both would hold these other teams to 60 points and 15+ turnovers. That’s just the way they play. They rather ugly the game up and turn you over than focus on high scoring affairs.
Georgia and LSU played like Georgia and LSU.

I wouldn't go anointing Tennessee as an SEC heavyweight just yet, but they can defend and have really talented players on the offensive end. Would be no shock if they beat anyone, but it's been years since they could string a lot of them together.

JordyG

Reaction Score
NC State just gave up 87 points to VT...and they're one of the top defensive teams? They gave up 75 points to GTech, their 4th highest point total of the year. Maybe you should think again.

Reaction Score
NC State just gave up 87 points to VT...and they're one of the top defensive teams? They gave up 75 points to GTech, their 4th highest point total of the year. Maybe you should think again.
They’re missing their best player....

Reaction Score
I’m still convinced NC State is a pretender before a contender. I would put $100 down that this team doesn’t reach the F4.

JordyG

Reaction Score
They’re missing their best player....
That's why they gave up 87 points? Usually the sub is as good defensively, not offensively. So, what happened against GTech? What's their excuse for that?

JordyG

Reaction Score
I’m still convinced NC State is a pretender before a contender. I would put $100 down that this team doesn’t reach the F4.
Me too.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Were you aware that NC State was without Elissa Cunane today? And, she won't play Thursday night either...and may not be available for our game with Louisville.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Let UCONN play without Williams or Nelson-Ododa and get back to me. Until then, you should be a little more reserved in your comments because you don't know the whole story.

The important thing is...NC State found the will to overcome the loss of their leading scorer and rebounder AND playing their first game in 21 days against a team that had the height and perimeter shooting to match them...and STILL came up with a win.

I say contender...not a pretender.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Were you aware that NC State was without Elissa Cunane today? And, she won't play Thursday night either...and may not be available for our game with Louisville.
So they gave up those extra 10-15 points because Rice and Sutphin couldn't control Kitley. What happened against GTech? Where was Kitley then?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
So they gave up those extra 10-15 points because Rice and Sutphin couldn't control Kitley. What happened against GTech? Where was Kitley then?
Sutphin didn't see the floor today.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Sutphin didn't see the floor today.
...and Rice saw 10 mins. Their only size barely played. Whose fault was that?

Reaction Score
Well, some of you SCar fans where writing off UConn versus Dawn when they meet. One of you said "I've seen enough". The truth is Tenn is actually a very good team that is just now finding itself, and they're going to be a force from here on in the SEC. LSU is not. Remember now, UConn's FT shooting and numbers from the arc were way off that night, and if they shot their averages it wouldn't have been close. So let's rethink the great advantage you thought Dawn had against UConn a bit. Now I still personally feel if both teams play to their potential UConn wins, but that's just hearsay.
We don't know what UCONN "potential" is because besides Tennessee you haven't played anyone. I wouldn't read too much in to the LSU game because they always play us tough. Last year they held us to 63 points on our home court and played us tougher than UConn did. That being said I'm not sure what the results will be between SC and UConn. What I do know is SC doesn't have to shoot the ball well to beat UCONN but UCONN will have to shoot the ball well to beat SC. We defend, crash the glass, and push the ball always. Our "A" game is when we are hitting 3s to go along with that. If that occur there will be no path to victory for UCONN.

JordyG

Reaction Score
We don't know what UCONN "potential" is because besides Tennessee you haven't played anyone. I wouldn't read too much in to the LSU game because they always play us tough. Last year they held us to 63 points on our home court and played us tougher than UConn did. That being said I'm not sure what the results will be between SC and UConn. What I do know is SC doesn't have to shoot the ball well to beat UCONN but UCONN will have to shoot the ball well to beat SC. We defend, crash the glass, and push the ball always. Our "A" game is when we are hitting 3s to go along with that. If that occur there will be no path to victory for UCONN.
Yeah. Well lets look at who SCar has played, shall we? Gonzaga who has played no one. 8 points against NC State, who I think is DePaul level, Iowa State (so what), Kentucky, who just got crushed by Tenn, and Arkansas, who also lost to Tenn. Now Georgia is a good team, but do you think UConn wouldn't beat them handily? See, two can play that game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Yeah. Well lets look at who SCar has played, shall we? Gonzaga who has played no one. 8 points against NC State, who I think is DePaul level, Iowa State (so what), Kentucky, who just got crushed by Tenn, and Arkansas, who also lost to Tenn. Now Georgia is a good team, but do you think UConn wouldn't beat them handily? See, two can play that game.
You're just being antagonistic now and trying to get a rise out of people. Your team has some warts too, buddy.

We'll just have to settle it on the court, I suppose.

I am now walking away from this conversation before I say something I shouldn't.

Reaction Score
IMO the best team SCar has played so far.
I thought Alabama competed well vs SC but they clearly don't have the big bodies to compete in the paint. Alabama has been a nice surprise this year, with very strong guard play. Not much in the post unfortunately.

Georgia is so up and down, very capable team. They look great at times and then bottom tier other times. I just don't think there is much consistency with their offense which has been a theme for them over. the years.

Reaction Score
That's why they gave up 87 points? Usually the sub is as good defensively, not offensively. So, what happened against GTech? What's their excuse for that?
She would’ve likely held Kitley to more respectable numbers but she dominated today that can’t be overlooked... GT isn’t chopped liver they’re a decent team with a 3rd year or 2nd year coach. I won’t be surprised if they beat Louisville in the coming weeks.

Reaction Score
Let UCONN play without Williams or Nelson-Ododa and get back to me. Until then, you should be a little more reserved in your comments because you don't know the whole story.

The important thing is...NC State found the will to overcome the loss of their leading scorer and rebounder AND playing their first game in 21 days against a team that had the height and perimeter shooting to match them...and STILL came up with a win.

I say contender...not a pretender.
I’m not a UConn fan so I don’t know what your reach was there. If you were pointing out that State played absent Cunane today, then yes, I was aware of that. For what it’s worth, they played well without her.

This is a public forum where we analyze and discuss women’s college basketball. There are certainly fans who don’t feel SC or Louisville are true title threats, either. I’m not sure why you think I ought to be “more reserved in my comments.” Nowhere did I state that NCST is a bad team, and if they’re indeed playing the final weekend, then I’ll have been wrong and I’ll admit as such.

I appreciate your loyalty to your team, but I’m highlighting NC State’s tendency in the past few seasons to get off to a red-hot start before faltering in the games that matter most. Yes, they won the ACC tournament last year, and we don’t know how the NCAAs would have gone. I need to see more from the team to be a believer.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Not even close. DePaul plays a gimmicky style that occasionally pays off, but hardly ever beats actually good teams.
Maybe. Perhaps I should have said "about". NCState is "about" E8, DePaul S16.

Reaction Score

Three times more the competition than UConn lol. Y’all were bragging about beat freaking Villanova and they’re not even included as a NCAA team at this point. SC plays Tennesse level teams weekly so the fact that y’all are happy barely scrapping by them is cause for concern. You do realize they barely beat LSU as well right? No doubt in my mind if Geno took his team to Baton Rouge Thursday instead of Fayetteville they would barely scrape by with a win there as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom