#4 North Carolina St @ #1 Louisville - 2/01/21 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

#4 North Carolina St @ #1 Louisville - 2/01/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
16 for Cunane/Brown-Turner/Boyd, 15 for Perez.

29 for Evans, nobody else in double figures for the Cards.

Boyd was injured and didn't play in the game vs South Carolina. As you see tonight.. when she is on... she is a vital option off of the bench.

NC is good. Really good.

comeonman.png

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Alright I'm changing my tune, NC State is my new #1. They're excellent with Cunane in the lineup and have the best resume of any team so far this season with her there. Road wins against SC and Louisville is huge.

Louisville just looked bad. Couldn't get anything going until late. I'll give props to Evans though who balled out. And Robinson always impresses me in a big way with her hustle and defense, she singlehandedly changed the game late even though it was too little too late.

Reaction Score
I’d still say Evans is the player or the year at this point though. There 4 pre season all Americans were Onyenwere, Boston, Howard, and McDonald; she’s had the best season

Reaction Score
At this point i think:
1. NC St.
2. SC
3. Louisville
4. UConn
after the UConn/SC game it could change....

Reaction Score
Good win by the WolfPack. They got stronger in the game as the game went along. Other than DePaul, this was the only other top-25 ranked opponent that Louisville has played thus far this season. Would have liked to have seen them play a few more, and be better prepared for a top-level opponent, before coming into this game tonight....

Reaction Score
At this point i think:
1. NC St.
2. SC
3. Louisville
4. UConn

I'd say...

1. NC State
2. South Carolina
3. Louisville
4. UCLA
5. Stanford
6. UConn

but that's just my .02.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
If NC State (the way they are playing tonight) would play UCONN (with their current game), it wouldn't be close at all. Sorry Folks. Just the way I see it. WOLFPACK is SOLID !!
So solid they lost to unranked Virginia Tech and if not for a miracle comeback they would have lost to them twice. They are a good team and definitely a top five team.

Reaction Score
So solid they lost to unranked Virginia Tech and if not for a miracle comeback they would have lost to them twice. They are a good team and definitely a top five team.
Like I said "The way they played tonight". Didnt mention the VT game (plus their really good center was out, due to Covid-19 in both of those other games, but not tonight)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
At this point i think:
1. NC St.
2. SC
3. Louisville
4. UConn
If UConn is not better than the Louisville team we saw tonight, they can forget about even making the FF.

Reaction Score
A few thoughts:

I owe @LETTERL an apology after this game. I have been critical of NC State and did not consider the team a true contender. While I do not believe the race is over, I would rank NC State #1 moving forward. The win and respect were earned.

With that said, State played fairly well and Louisville played poorly. Those things aren’t independent, and both teams’ defense was impressive, but this was not the slugfest I think many expevted

I thought Cunane was exceptional in her first game back. The stat lines of the remaining players were not otherworldly efficient, but it is very difficult to find a night where two of Brown-Turner/Boyd/Jones are off their game.

I had chosen Louisville to win because of their guard prowess. Evans was the best player on the floor, but the other guards did not and do not appear capable of taking over the game. I thought Hailey Van Lith, Smith, and Balogun might be able to do that.

I adore Olivia Cochran and she was reasonably productive, but some of her turnovers were dreadful and let to NC State breaking the game open. Hailey Van Lith went AWOL. Dixon was good

Let me just say this—NC State has a LOT of talent in its primary rotation of 6. I think guard depth, and the lack of a true big (Hobby only 6’1” inside) should Cunane find foul trouble or injury are the greatest issues for the Pack in the national championship hunt.

In my opinion, these teams are likely to meet again in the ACC tournament. Who knows what happens then, but you’d favor State after this.

NC State does have a lot of games to make up in the conference race. Are they going to be able to get them all in? Does anyone know how that will affect the regular-season title?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Great win for NC State. They really are a complete team.

I’m hoping NC State leapfrogs SC for #1 (ain’t happening unfortunately) because I have no interest in going into that UConn game as the #1 team. ESPN and Geno would have a field day with that..

Reaction Score

I’m hoping NC State leapfrogs SC for #1 (ain’t happening unfortunately) because I have no interest in going into that UConn game as the #1 team. ESPN and Geno would have a field day with that..

They want as few people to watch as possible lmao. The game will be on FS1 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think either South Carolina or Nc State are truly the #1 team. I would like to see a rematch between the two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom