25 Most Incredible College BB Arenas | The Boneyard

25 Most Incredible College BB Arenas

Reaction Score
If you like 4000 seaters this list is for you!
Well interesting in the title has nothing to do with capacity and like 70% of the list are “P6” arenas.

But if you’re equating seating capacity to interesting then we’ll see you at the XL and not at Gampel.

To each their own.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Is Cameron the only D1 facility where the baskets hang from the ceiling?

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
So I flipped through this.. Syracuse, Florida. Okay seems okay. Then see Citadel, Tulane,Fordham???
Okay, on what basis is this judged?
Architecture?
Thought
1692193996417.gif

Can’t wait for his next list… 25 best arenas based on Wi-Fi coverage.

Reaction Score
My favorites not on the list or named UConn

Grand Canyon U
Houston
Xavier
Nova
Cinci
WVU
Texas
DePaul
VCU
Gonzaga
St Mary’s
BYU

Reaction Score
Vanderbilt’s court is a menace.

Everyone should see a game at the Palestra, Ideally, this would have occurred when more of the Big 5 teams were great and the respective fan sections were elite, mean, and funny, but it’s not too late.

Cameron Indoor is fantastic, as is the number of former Duke players who have kids named Cameron.

Hinkle is great, wish better basketball was being played there right now.

Reaction Score
In celebration of March Madness, we created a list of the 25 most incredible NCAA arenas based solely on the towering architecture that make up the buildings

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So I flipped through this.. Syracuse, Florida. Okay seems okay. Then see Citadel, Tulane,Fordham???
Okay, on what basis is this judged?
Architecture?
Thought
. View attachment 90691
Can’t wait for his next list… 25 best arenas based on Wi-Fi coverage.

Confession time. I was at the UConn/Tulane game in March 2020 right before everything shut down.

It was a neat little place. Seats were comfortable, concessions were good, parking was a breeze and it was easy to get in/out of the area.

If Tulane was ever any good that would be a fun environment. It could get loud real quickly. Of course this all depends on Tulane being decent.

Reaction Score
The OK State arena was great, surprised it didn't make the list. Vandy and Minnesota? No. Rather Cals or UDubs for big older types.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I for one am stunned that XL Center didn’t make the list :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Confession time. I was at the UConn/Tulane game in March 2020 right before everything shut down.

It was a neat little place. Seats were comfortable, concessions were good, parking was a breeze and it was easy to get in/out of the area.

If Tulane was ever any good that would be a fun environment. It could get loud real quickly. Of course this all depends on Tulane being decent.
Agreed. My wife and I were there also. Really liked the venue.

Reaction Score

You are right, live near Tulane and go to couple games a year. Beat Memphis at home, football team was there to be honored, was great crowd. Like their coach and he was a very happy guy after that game.

Reaction Score
Buzz Williams said it right when he was asked what arenas were the best. “The ones with multiple national championship banners”!
My 2nd favorite coach.
He was also asked what he would do if he wasn’t a coach. “ work with special needs kids”
Very cool

Reaction Score
Who is the guy who was trying to go to all the college bball arenas? Would be interesting to see his non UConn top 10

Reaction Score
Is Cameron the only D1 facility where the baskets hang from the ceiling?
Quite a few. Think Colorado still does but most are smaller venues like Iona, LaSalle, Manhattan, Fairfield Alumni Hall, Colgate...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dumb list. For what it's worth, Jadwin Gym at Princeton is a terrible place to see a game. The floor is tucked into the corner of a larger multipurpose building. It sucks the juice out of the place. On the other hand Princeton Stadium is a great place to see a game. Small, but right sized for Princeton.

Reaction Score
Who is the guy who was trying to go to all the college bball arenas? Would be interesting to see his non UConn top 10
@Greathusky

No joke, this guy was one of my top inspirations for me to get out and check out local D1 games. which in turn, opened up my interest in mid-major basketball as a whole, which then inspired me to start my blog.

Rose Hill is absolutely fantastic, especially if you are into historic buildings. Back in February, I wrote a piece about the electricity in that building since Fordham basketball has been on its run.
Didn't bother to read the list, but I always have really liked Yale's court. Most years I'll go to a game and get some Modern on the way home.
I still haven't been to a Yale game yet (the Friday night games correlate with the worst traffic from work (Greenwich) to New Haven...90+ minutes, but overall, Yale has beautiful facilities. The Yale Bowl, Ingalls Rink, Westville Music Bowl...

Reaction Score
That would be me. You can see my blog at www.journeyto351.com to follow my travels.

I am currently at 118 games so some obvious ones that I have not seen will not be in the list .

Here goes:

10. Miam- A campus surrounded by palm trees and sun.
9. Maryland - A huge ass arena on campus that should be in a city.
8. Florida Gulf Coast - see Miami
7. Syracuse - My hate for them does not cloud their impressive arena..
6. Tulane- The new Orleans feel for the campus was very cool.
5. Virginia - A loud and huge enthusiastic setting.
4. UNC - Dean Dome. A sea of loud blue at that game.
3. Princeton - Walking into the arena reminded me of Space Mountain in Disney.
2. Yale- The steep steep bleachers with cathedral windows along the top made the game an afterthought.
1. Penn (Palestra) - The walls surrounding the arena was museum dedicated to college basketball. Historic in so many way.

Reaction Score
Look, I know I'm biased... but some of those choices are truly perplexing. How do MSG and the beauty below not blow the doors off of at least 1/3 of that list??

FiservForum.jpeg
FiservForum_054.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom