22 Schools Eligible to Win the Dual Championship for 2022 | The Boneyard

22 Schools Eligible to Win the Dual Championship for 2022

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Just for the heck of it, I created the list of schools that have teams in both the Men's and Women's tournament. I'm too lazy to make the list Alphabetical as I created the list by going through the Men's Bracket and compared against the Women's Bracket.

Indiana
Notre Dame
Michigan
*Baylor
Tennessee
*Iowa
Gonzaga
North Carolina
*UConn
*Kentucky
Creighton
Arkansas
Ohio St
Villanova
Delaware
Miami
*Texas
Virginia Tech
LSU
Iowa St
*Arizona

An asterisk in front of a schools name are the schools that IMO could possibly win the Dual Championship if the seeds fell right . If I only picked one school it would be Baylor with my additional long shots as Kentucky and Iowa. I don't see the UConn men making a run in the tournament, even though many do. With So Carolina and Stanford as the favorites in the Women's Tournament and their Men's team not making the tournament its unlikely there will be a Dual Championship this year.

Apologize in advance if I missed any schools.

How many schools will still be eligible after the 1st and 2nd rounds?

sun

Reaction Score
No asterisk for Gonzaga?
The women only lost by 4 points at home to Stanford, and then lost to them away by 16 points.
I don't expect Gonzaga to become a dual champ, but considering their men's rank, a 4 point loss against Stanford should make them worthy enough for an asterisk.
They're a #9 seed that will be playing against #8 Nebraska.

Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I didn't consider the Gonzaga women going far, but in hindsight I probably should have.

Iowa already eliminated from Dual Championship. I expected both teams to reach the Elite 16 if not the Elite 8. Both are high scoring teams. Iowa Men's Team upset by Richmond in their 1st game. Shocking.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I didn't consider the Gonzaga women going far, but in hindsight I probably should have.

Iowa already eliminated from Dual Championship. I expected both teams to reach the Elite 16 if not the Elite 8. Both are high scoring teams. Iowa Men's Team upset by Richmond in their 1st game. Shocking.
Gonzaga only up 35-33 at the half. :eek::eek:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn now out for the Dual Championship. Thought the Men would at least make the Sweet 16.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
KY may be next on the slicer. 81-79 in OT Saint Peters. with 20 seconds left in OT In FT contest now,

Reaction Score
We didnt knock off Baylor last year they probably have a dual championship last year, based off the eye test.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Indiana is now out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just for the heck of it, I created the list of schools that have teams in both the Men's and Women's tournament. I'm too lazy to make the list Alphabetical as I created the list by going through the Men's Bracket and compared against the Women's Bracket.

Indiana
Notre Dame
Michigan
*Baylor
Tennessee
*Iowa
Gonzaga
North Carolina
*UConn
*Kentucky
Creighton
Arkansas
Ohio St
Villanova
Delaware
Miami
*Texas
Virginia Tech
LSU
Iowa St
*Arizona

An asterisk in front of a schools name are the schools that IMO could possibly win the Dual Championship if the seeds fell right . If I only picked one school it would be Baylor with my additional long shots as Kentucky and Iowa. I don't see the UConn men making a run in the tournament, even though many do. With So Carolina and Stanford as the favorites in the Women's Tournament and their Men's team not making the tournament its unlikely there will be a Dual Championship this year.

Welp, there goes UConn, Kentucky and Iowa's chances for a dual NC. Their men's teams lost.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Virginia Tech is now eliminated as their Women's Team lost to Florida Gulf Coast in an upset.
FGCU 84 Va Tech 81.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The only schools with even a slight chance were always gonna be Baylor and Arizona... and both teams Baylor's men... and Zona's women are hobbled with injuries.

And @Wbbfan1 you missed Longwood.... both squads made it to the Tournament for the first time in school history.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Arkansas is also eliminated as their Women's Team lost to Utah.

Yes, I overlooked Longwood as they were in the Women's play in game.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Scratch Baylor's men. Unfortunately they are getting dog walked.
While I think UNC will win the game its too early to count out Baylor. They can score points and have good defense.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
20-4 Run by Baylor makes this a 9 point game with 5+ minutes left to play. Triaddukefa, your ACC bias might have called this game too soon. Refs are definitely favoring Baylor with their physical play. Baylor should have had more fouls called on them.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was praying that the BY jinx would work again.. But alas it didn't :(. Baylor is out of the running

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
20-4 Run by Baylor makes this a 9 point game with 5+ minutes left to play. Triaddukefa, your ACC bias might have called this game too soon. Refs are definitely favoring Baylor with their physical play. Baylor should have had more fouls called on them.

No ACC bias. I was pulling for Baylor. . They were getting their arses kicked.. Then the best player for the Tarheels got kicked out of the game.. And the bears went on their run

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Now we can say Baylor cannot win the Dual Championship. UNC did everything they could to lose this game after having a HUGE Lead.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Indiana
Notre Dame
Michigan
*Baylor
Tennessee
*Iowa
Gonzaga
North Carolina
*UConn
*Kentucky
Creighton
Arkansas
Ohio St
Villanova
Delaware
Miami
*Texas
Virginia Tech
LSU
Iowa St
*Arizona

Appreciate an updated list when you get a chance.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Notre Dame
Michigan
Iowa St
*Arizona
Tennessee
North Carolina
Creighton
Ohio St
Villanova
Kansas
Miami
*Texas
Virginia Tech
LSU
Delaware
Arkansas

Baylor

*Iowa
Gonzaga
Indiana
*UConn

*Kentucky

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bye bye Blue Jay's.. The men..

Michigan vs Tennessee will be tipping off soon so in about 2.5 hours another dual contender will be eliminated.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom