#22 Georgia @ #8 Texas A&M - 1/31/21 | The Boneyard

#22 Georgia @ #8 Texas A&M - 1/31/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
College Station, TX - 5:00 PM ET
TV: SEC Network (Eric Frede, Christy Thomaskutty)

Video stream:
#22 Georgia vs. #8 Texas A&M (W Basketball) | Watch ESPN (tvpli)

Audio:

Live stats:

Reaction Score
Maybe its just me but A&M has been kinda trending down lately, especially on the offensive end.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yikes. 22-17 approaching halftime, UGA. This can't be pleasing on the eyes.

Reaction Score
Imo. I would like to see Alexis Morris in the lineup. Can shoot. Stingy defender. And Ultra quick.

Reaction Score
Georgia is a senior laden team so maybe I expected more with looking good on offense. This may be Joni's best team in her 6th season but next year may be big drop off

Reaction Score
Georgia is a senior laden team so maybe I expected more with looking good on offense. This may be Joni's best team in her 6th season but next year may be big drop off
Georgia isn’t gonna ever get over the hump under Joni due to their offense IMO. It’s such a glaring issue. That and ball security.

Reaction Score
Maybe its just me but A&M has been kinda trending down lately, especially on the offensive end.
I agree, but can’t tear down their 16-1 record. I think the game against South Carolina will tell us a lot about how good TAMU really is. Assuming both teams win out, A&M could be playing to share the SEC title when they meet at home for the regular season finale.

That said, both winning out may be a hefty assumption given the Tennessees, Arkansas’, and Kentuckys left on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Georgia isn’t gonna ever get over the hump under Joni due to their offense IMO. It’s such a glaring issue. That and ball security.

Well that and recruiting, it looks like some of their big recruits in terms of star rankings are transfers who didn't play much at their other schools. Have to start getting the good Georgia players out of high school

Reaction Score
I agree, but can’t tear down their 16-1 record. I think the game against South Carolina will tell us a lot about how good TAMU really is. Assuming both teams win out, A&M could be playing to share the SEC title when they meet at home for the regular season finale.

That said, both winning out may be a hefty assumption given the Tennessees, Arkansas’, and Kentuckys left on the schedule.
If a&M wins out, I think they would win the title outright by having the head-to-head over SCar. The tie would have to be broken for tournament seeding. I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
Well that and recruiting, it looks like some of their big recruits in terms of star rankings are transfers who didn't play much at their other schools. Have to start getting the good Georgia players out of high school

yes. They do poorly in their home state. Consensus Top 2022 Lazaria Spearman recently committed to Miami and UGA was never really in it.

they got one decent recruit at the last second in 2021 but lost several more highly ranked gals from GA.

metro Atlanta is usually full of talent

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wait, I thought Joni played at Alabama and only coaches who played at Tenn struggled creating offensive schemes? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Wait, I thought Joni played at Alabama and only coaches who played at Tenn struggled creating offensive schemes? :rolleyes:
Well she did coach under Van Chancellor who started the decline of LSU WBB since the pokey years. She may have learned something.

Reaction Score
If a&M wins out, I think they would win the title outright by having the head-to-head over SCar. The tie would have to be broken for tournament seeding. I could be wrong.
I believe they would share the SEC regular season title, but A&M would be the #1 seed in the tournament. Regular-season titles are usually determined by record (both 15-1) with a defined head-to-head tiebreaker for seeding. In any case, SC has been less dominant in the SEC this year and likely wants no part of anything other than a 16-0 conference record. The SEC tourney will be a gauntlet this year and I’m less confident in the Gamecocks’ ability to run off three straight wins in consecutive days.

Reaction Score
I believe they would share the SEC regular season title, but A&M would be the #1 seed in the tournament. Regular-season titles are usually determined by record (both 15-1) with a defined head-to-head tiebreaker for seeding. In any case, SC has been less dominant in the SEC this year and likely wants no part of anything other than a 16-0 conference record. The SEC tourney will be a gauntlet this year and I’m less confident in the Gamecocks’ ability to run off three straight wins in consecutive days.
Is the tournament still scheduled for Greenville?

My hometown is eaten up with Covid. I only visited my family once since March 1. That visit was for outdoor, distanced Thanksgiving dinner. I hope to visit in March when my family and I have had ten days plus after our second Covid vaccine. Yes, we are all over 65.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom