22/23 schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

22/23 schedule

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This is the last year of the current contract so it could be extended and would presumably include UConn since we're in the conference now when the deal is negotiated. I forget where I saw it, but in one of these articles it sounded like it was not going to be renewed and was going away
Yeah I could see that. Sucks we didn’t get to be a part of it.

Reaction Score
Probably should go with 6 cupcakes. I think the Big East will be a 6+ bid league and don’t really see any pushover teams. All 20 conference games are going to be a war.

Reaction Score
I remember when we played 5 in one year. Went on to lose to George Mason.
It was a George Mason freak show that year. They also beat UNC, Michigan State and Wichita State in the tourney. Playing tougher OOC games during the season lets you know where you really stand. Beating up on chumps proves nothing

Reaction Score
It was a George Mason freak show that year. They also beat UNC, Michigan State and Wichita State in the tourney. Playing tougher OOC games during the season lets you know where you really stand. Beating up on chumps proves nothing
I mean we're playing in really tough in-season tournaments to start the year. I don't think who we schedule in November really matters that much for gaging where the team will be come March, especially since our in-conference schedule this year will be loaded with good teams.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Come tournament time there are a few things that spell success - luck/draw and tournament ready/tough are two of them
Luck and draw is beyond anyone's control for the most part.
Being tournament ready and tough is vital. A larger part of this is the schedule a team plays during the season. I fully understand that the NBE is going to be improved and a rough road but most coaches build their team to be successful in their league and every league plays a different brand of basketball. Yes, playing some cupcakes gives you that difference in exposure but in most cases these teams are not the top teams in their league and if not a P5 or one of the few other P6 (?) they are very weak. In most cases, if a team gets past the 1st game in the dance, they will face a P5 or very formidable P6 team.
If I had my preference I would play less cupcakes and more teams in the better leagues in the OOC schedule. I do feel, as a rule, UConn should play at least 2 in state teams and those may be the cupcakes.
Because of the in-season tournaments that UConn will play in this upcoming season the above may not be all that important, but UConn has had some very weak OOC schedules recently.

Reaction Score
Come tournament time there are a few things that spell success - luck/draw and tournament ready/tough are two of them
Luck and draw is beyond anyone's control for the most part.
Being tournament ready and tough is vital. A larger part of this is the schedule a team plays during the season. I fully understand that the NBE is going to be improved and a rough road but most coaches build their team to be successful in their league and every league plays a different brand of basketball. Yes, playing some cupcakes gives you that difference in exposure but in most cases these teams are not the top teams in their league and if not a P5 or one of the few other P6 (?) they are very weak. In most cases, if a team gets past the 1st game in the dance, they will face a P5 or very formidable P6 team.
If I had my preference I would play less cupcakes and more teams in the better leagues in the OOC schedule. I do feel, as a rule, UConn should play at least 2 in state teams and those may be the cupcakes.
Because of the in-season tournaments that UConn will play in this upcoming season the above may not be all that important, but UConn has had some very weak OOC schedules recently.
The luck/draw part is the big thing for me. Everyone gets all bent out of shape about our NET and seeding all season, but in reality the matchups are much more important than the seeding. We should be past the point where making the tournament is a concern so schedule the tougher games and hopefully you get a good draw come tourney time.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm glad we at least confirmed we are likely getting a home game against a Big 12 team. I hope that team is either Texas or Baylor at XL. However, we need at least one more P5 opponent bare minimum. Preferably, we begin a permanent home and home series with Syracuse. They are our rival and a yearly home and home series would boost both programs.

For the other games, can we please not have a steady diet of Coppin State and CCSU as the article states?

What happened to scheduling Yale, Harvard, and Princeton? If we are going to schedule teams outside of the top 11 leagues (power conferences and multi-bid mid majors), can we at least schedule some teams from the Ivy League, CAA, Southern, or other middle of the pack Division 1 leagues. Why do we consistently have to grab teams from bottom barrel leagues like the NEC or MEAC?

Reaction Score
Not exactly sure how they could pull it off but a Baylor Men's x Women's Doubleheader would be very dope

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't know why you do this to yourself. Zero chance this happens

What, you mean that's not our schedule?

Geez

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Wish there was an ACC/Big East challenge. I like the conference challenge concept. We should get 3 of those a year- Big 10, Big 12 and ACC. Force Duke to play some road non conference games.

Reaction Score
The problem is, Hurley is a numbers guy. He’s going to look at the schedule we played this year (terrible OOC), the Big East games we could have potentially won (Creighton 2X, Hall, Xavier, PC), the fact that we finished with a mid-teens NET and say “if we won a few of those games we should have, we’d have been a top 10 NET team. So let’s run it back again.”

Would love to see a packed OOC schedule, but it’s clear the numbers the staff has feels the risk of an L outweighs the reward as long as we take care of business in conference play.

The thing is, they aren’t wrong. But is annoying as fans because a close loss in a packed Gampel to Michigan State would be way more entertaining than a 12 point win over Gardner Webb in an empty XL.

*we also get 2 challenge games added to the schedule this year, even less incentive for the staff to go out and schedule anymore P5 OOC games
They don’t have to pay for the seats at the lousy games

Reaction Score
chrissy teigen life GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits