2024 UConn Football Commit - Jevon Banks (Olive Branch, Mississippi) | The Boneyard

2024 UConn Football Commit - Jevon Banks (Olive Branch, Mississippi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Jevon Banks is a 6-4 255lb DL from Olive Branch, Mississippi > Mississippi State > Kansas State (Transfer Portal w/ two years of eligibility remaining). Other offers from Arkansas State, Coastal Carolina, FAU, Indiana, Marshall and UAB. Banks was on his official visit to UConn this past weekend.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Welcome to the program. A young man well-traveled.

Let me make a completely uninformed, ignorant statement.

I'm guessing those academic hurdles RE used to bitch about UConn Admin putting in place and affecting recruiting no longer exist.

Reaction Score

I'm guessing those academic hurdles RE used to bitch about UConn Admin putting in place and affecting recruiting no longer exist.
I wonder if all those standards change with the transfer portal. For an incoming freshman I can see there being “qualifications” but maybe for a transfer if they’re in good academic standing from the school they’re leaving it’s a little looser. I could be completely wrong on this, but it could be the loophole.

Reaction Score
Jevon Banks is a 6-4 255lb DT from Olive Branch, Mississippi > Mississippi State > Kansas State
So what is he a DE or DT ? Weird....his measurables between between K St (list him as a DT ) last year compared to when he was at Miss St. who listed him as a 6-2/300lb DE. So he grew 2 inches and lost 45lbs to move inside?

Reaction Score
So what is he a DE or DT ? Weird....his measurables between between K St (list him as a DT ) last year compared to when he was at Miss St. who listed him as a 6-2/300lb DE. So he grew 2 inches and lost 45lbs to move inside?
That’s why I just listed him in OP as DL. ;)

I have trust issues w/ school site measurements.

Reaction Score
I wonder if all those standards change with the transfer portal. For an incoming freshman I can see there being “qualifications” but maybe for a transfer if they’re in good academic standing from the school they’re leaving it’s a little looser. I could be completely wrong on this, but it could be the loophole.
Probably the reason the portal opens is that you get to see grades etc. so it’s like okay the kid made it.

Reaction Score

Pretty good guess.

Can't imagine what Satisfactory Progress and Eligibility look like these days.

Randy 1.0 knew what he was talking about before he left. Pity he was held to a standard that the UNC's of the world weren't.

The reality is, that of the 100 football players, you are looking at probably a max of 20-30 kids who you really had to worry about. Those kids quite often are the ones who could put you over the top.

The more you win, the more you'd be able to get the RKG's(Was that what Diaco called them). who also had the talent to go with the character

Reaction Score

Jevon Banks is a 6-4 255lb DL from Olive Branch, Mississippi > Mississippi State > Kansas State (Transfer Portal w/ two years of eligibility remaining). Other offers from Arkansas State, Coastal Carolina, FAU, Indiana, Marshall and UAB. Banks was on his official visit to UConn this past weekend.

Welcome to the Huskies Jevon, we'll be banking on you............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom