2024 Recruiting: Tarris Reed Jr. | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tarris Reed Jr.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, he's not receiving a parade of other suitors waving cash bags at him or offering him 30 minutes+ a game.

I have never followed the time frame from an official visit until commitment for prior team recruits.

Does anyone know if it has taken a week or more for a number of our recruits?
In the era of NIL there has to be negotiations like there would be in professional free agency. It’s likely that the player and school are finalizing details before announcing an official commitment.

Reaction Score
The way I read the Borges article was that Reed could play minutes with Johnson on the floor. I doubt both start, but sounds like there would be plenty of minutes to go around for both.
I don't think you can read this quote that way:
Meanwhile, the question for UConn becomes, Who steps into Clingan's sizeable shoes next season? Whoever it is will likely come out of the NCAA transfer portal. The Huskies got an official visit this weekend from 6-foot-10 Michigan sophomore Tarris Reed Jr., and they threw a parade for him. Literally.
Well, not actually for him, but what better introduction to a program than a national championship parade?
UConn has had contact with other centers, including 7-footers Vladislav Goldin of Florida Atlantic and Danny Wolf of Yale, but it doesn't appear either are too likely to land in Storrs. Why? Here's why.

Samson Johnson appears primed to return to UConn for his senior season, and the staff believes in Johnson strongly. If UConn adds a center through the portal, it will be somebody that can be very complementary of Johnson, similar to how Johnson complemented Clingan this season and Clingan complemented Adama Sanogo two seasons ago.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if it has taken a week or more for a number of our recruits?
If I recall previous years, they often had the visits over the weekend and then announced commitments midweek (Wednesday/Thursday). But Reed could always decide to take more visits and still commit to UConn eventually.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I Based off these videos he looks athletic and has a quick first step. If he commits, he can be an unstoppable big if he buys in to our system.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don't think you can read this quote that way:
Yeah it must have been someone else I was thinking of (or a different tweet I saw). Either way, even as a back up I’d assume he’d be able to get on the court for a good amount of time next season

Reaction Score
Reed and retaining AK and Solo makes us A top 15 min team. Another killer transfer and were top 5 all year again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom