• Out of state, no connection to program

Votes: 17 5.0%

• Total voters

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
deez nuts.jpg

Reaction Score
Grew up in Meriden and grew up a Husky fan from when I started listening to George Ehrlic and then going to games with Dad. My earliest memories are with players like Hrubala, Chapman, Wilson, Staak, Boyd and so many more. My HS baseball coach played at UConn and had tix as well and saw a few games with him. Began the season ticket thing in the 80s at HCC. Born and bred to love our Huskies so don’t think I hit the Census at all:eek:

Reaction Score
yeh!
i was there for 2.5 years before getting my ass booted
they didn't seem to like my 0.9 gpa my last semester ....
both my brothers finished UConn in fine standing though
You’re the only other person I heard getting a 0.9! I had a 0.9, 1.3, and a 1.7. Somehow hung on to graduate. Too much sega 94 hockey.

Reaction Score
Grew up in Meriden and grew up a Husky fan from when I started listening to George Ehrlic and then going to games with Dad. My earliest memories are with players like Hrubala, Chapman, Wilson, Staak, Boyd and so many more. My HS baseball coach played at UConn and had tix as well and saw a few games with him. Began the season ticket thing in the 80s at HCC. Born and bred to love our Huskies so don’t think I hit the Census at all:eek:
Yeah! You're a nutmegger. I should've done a better job.

Reaction Score
Fairfield County Nutmegger. Grew up a Fairfield Stags fan- both parents went there- until the Huskies popped onto my radar halfway through the Dream Season after beating Georgetown. Got into UConn and made the ignorant decision to go out of state. I’m making my penance by preaching the gospel of UConn to the kids and hopefully convincing at least one to go to Storrs. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
I'm the sole rep of the current student body

I will be the messenger between our peoples
I couldn't believe that there weren't any!
Fairfield County Nutmegger. Grew up a Fairfield Stags fan- both parents went there- until the Huskies popped onto my radar halfway through the Dream Season after beating Georgetown. Got into UConn and made the ignorant decision to go out of state. I’m making my penance by preaching the gospel of UConn to the kids and hopefully convincing at least one to go to Storrs. Fingers crossed.
Fairfield had it going on when I was a kid down here. Joe Desantis and crew had more juice than UConn at that time in Fairfield County

Reaction Score
You’re the only other person I heard getting a 0.9! I had a 0.9, 1.3, and a 1.7. Somehow hung on to graduate. Too much sega 94 hockey.
Wow, I am impressed that you made it with those inauspicious beginnings. Good for you. In today's times you would have left in the portal.

Reaction Score
I couldn't believe that there weren't any!

Fairfield had it going on when I was a kid down here. Joe Desantis and crew had more juice than UConn at that time in Fairfield County
I couldn't believe when I saw zero students! Good to have you here!
I stumbled across this forum a while ago and didn't realize it was for UConn. I didn't even realize schools had their own dedicated sports forums at all

I only recently found my way here again and realized it was dedicated to UConn before I made an account. It's not advertised anywhere at the school so I'd imagine current students just don't know, like I did

It makes me so happy to see how active it is here, I had been worrying that UConn following on the internet was weaker compared to other schools but boy was I wrong

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, I am impressed that you made it with those inauspicious beginnings. Good for you. In today's times you would have left in the portal.
I think the key was a spread them out! Back to back and I would have been booted.

Reaction Score
Born in CT and lived there for the first 26 or so years of my life. Now living in VA. I started being interested in basketball in the late 80s and started following UConn basketball in the Ollie/Knight/Marshalls days, so prob 92 or 93.

Reaction Score
First of my family to attend higher ed

Grew up in upstate NY but had no collegiate ties, was a contrarian sports fan (no Yankees, Orange, or Giants)

Had a crush on a girl named Calhoun in 94, thought Ray Allen was the slickest basketball player I'd ever seen (non pros). Plus a Husky as the mascot, been loyally following ever since.

Unfortunately I am a Vikings and Twins fan for pro sports, so Uconn has been able to ease my sports pain

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Born and raised in CT. Became a fan around the time of the NIT title. Cliff was my first favorite player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom