2023 Recruiting Thread | Page 42 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Arizona LB in transfer portal in for a visit. This is promising.

Kolbe Cage is a 6-1 215lb LB from New Orleans attending Arizona. He has 3 years of eligibility remaining. His current offers are McNeese State and Southern University.

Reaction Score
Kolbe Cage is a 6-1 215lb LB from New Orleans attending Arizona. He has 3 years of eligibility remaining. His current offers are McNeese State and Southern University.

Hope he commits. Like his tape. I think Diabate can raise his game a level

Reaction Score
Whenever considering why someone we offered goes to a FCS school, please add to your list the obvious alternative explanation which is that despite what you saw on the internet the recruit did not have an offer from UConn.
… or received an offer early in the process when staff was offering other kids @ the school (two other were offered @ Kenwood the same day).

Coach Mora (and a number of the staff) “liked” this tweet so one could assume it was legit @ the time and expired or was conditional.

Reaction Score
… or received an offer early in the process when staff was offering other kids @ the school (two other were offered @ Kenwood the same day).

Coach Mora (and a number of the staff) “liked” this tweet so one could assume it was legit @ the time and expired or was conditional.

Yes, a subset of "not having an offer" is that you had one at some time but it expired or was otherwise pulled.

Reaction Score
Yes, a subset of "not having an offer" is that you had one at some time but it expired or was otherwise pulled.
Most offers are non-commitable offers. These are offers made to kids to show the school has serious interest in the player, but the kid can't commit to the school. Generally, the school will want to get a kid to campus to evaluate the recruit before he is able to commit. And, for example, if a school offers 7 QBs, the school will have a pecking order of the recruits and they will wait for their top choices to make their choices known for the school to move down the list.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Another term fits the bill- conditioned offers. Often kids are told they are x in the pecking order for a position and said offer is based on a full transcript review and a visit. This gives the staff time to dig deeper on the kid.

The other aspect- senior tape matters.

Reaction Score
Most offers are non-commitable offers. These are offers made to kids to show the school has serious interest in the player, but the kid can't commit to the school. Generally, the school will want to get a kid to campus to evaluate the recruit before he is able to commit. And, for example, if a school offers 7 QBs, the school will have a pecking order of the recruits and they will wait for their top choices to make their choices known for the school to move down the list.
I would only point out, as I have before, that what you are describing, while it happens all the time, is simply not an "offer." An offer by definition is something that the other side can accept and then the two sides have an agreement.

I am not picking on you -- I know players and the internet media refer to indications of interests as "offers" all the time, but they simply aren't, and if we don't use words in accordance with their meaning then we're all reduced to guessing at what others mean.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Adding to all, this is the fact that some kids are eager to broadcast their conditional offers, and some kids choose to keep them quiet

Reaction Score
I would only point out, as I have before, that what you are describing, while it happens all the time, is simply not an "offer." An offer by definition is something that the other side can accept and then the two sides have an agreement.

I am not picking on you -- I know players and the internet media refer to indications of interests as "offers" all the time, but they simply aren't, and if we don't use words in accordance with their meaning then we're all reduced to guessing at what others mean.
Applicable quote from a wise man:
God damn lawyers.

Reaction Score

From a legal standpoint you are correct as verbal scholarship offers are non-binding on either side.

Reaction Score

Hmmmm….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom