2023 Recruiting Thread | Page 34 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score

Channing Canada is a 6-1 185lb DB/Athlete from Boutte, Louisiana attending Trinity Valley Community College in Athens, Texas. (December 2022 Grad). Other offers from ArkState, Arizona State, Austin Peay, Buffalo, Charlotte, ECU, Georgia Southern, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Jacksonville State, Liberty, Missouri, Northern Arizona, New Mexico State, ODU, Prairie View A&M, SMU, TCU, Tulane, UNLV, Utah State

Highlights

Reaction Score

Please stop I've seen enough! It's like a teaser reel from this kid. He makes a lot of things look easy but there are always adjustments that need to be made. Would love to have him competing for the job.

Reaction Score
UConn QB Commit Tucker McDonald from Wachusett Regional High School in Holden, MA

Nice to see the accuracy on his throws. High to his big receivers, on the outside shoulder on his "out" passes, and the "touch" he showed on his short throws to backs is impressive.

Reaction Score
just wondering aloud... do we have an offer out to Baylor WR/RB Josh Fleeks who entered the portal 2 weeks ago? Seems like he'd be a great fit here....

Reaction Score
just wondering aloud... do we have an offer out to Baylor WR/RB Josh Fleeks who entered the portal 2 weeks ago? Seems like he'd be a great fit here....
Twitter follows from EJ, Beau Davidson, and Tyler Loftus. Appears they've at least contacted him.

Reaction Score
Twitter follows from EJ, Beau Davidson, and Tyler Loftus. Appears they've at least contacted him.
Yup... We need way more depth than we have at RB, and probably WR, which was are strength before injuries to our WR1 & WR2, and then our WR3 guys.... his Baylor profile indicated his interest in kinesiology....

Reaction Score
Only right down the road from Tyler Valley Community College (JUCO WRs Channing Canada & Jalen Butler)

Reaction Score
Hoping we offer this OL from the Florida Gators that just announced for the portal... Talk about somebody that could potentially add on to our interior OL depth:

Reaction Score
I don't think Mora views the portal as a place to find short term players to fill holes. Believe it not, most of UConn's portal recruits have come in with 3 or 4 years of eligibility so most of the players are development prospects. By my count, only 4 of the players had 1 year of eligibility.
In order to be competitive we need to take this route a few more recruiting cycles more than we'd normally like... which is fair in today's FBS football climate... no time to sit back and wait 2 to 3 years before half the team is ready to play...

Reaction Score
->Thank you to my Heavenly Father for everything he has planned out for me. Thank you to Coach Jim Mora and @CoachDHilliard for believing in me like they did back in 2018, the original UCLA staff that recruited me. #HUSKYREVOLUTION <-

Tyler Manoa is a 6-4 300lb OL/DL from Heywood CA attending UCLA (Transfer Portal).

Reaction Score
Hate quoting Farrell but...

-> 6. OL/DL Tyler Manoa – UCLA

Manoa spent most of his UCLA career on the defensive line but moved to the offensive side prior to the 2022 season. As a defensive lineman he totaled 53 tackles, 1.5 tackles for a loss and one sack in 41 games, while on the offensive line he played in each of UCLA’s first four games this season. Already has announced offers from Akron, UConn and San Jose State. <-

... if he picks UConn, Farrell will downgrade him. ;)

Reaction Score
UConn definitely has some pull on Manoa with Hillard and Mora. Hope we can bring him in.

Reaction Score
Hate quoting Farrell but...

-> 6. OL/DL Tyler Manoa – UCLA

Manoa spent most of his UCLA career on the defensive line but moved to the offensive side prior to the 2022 season. As a defensive lineman he totaled 53 tackles, 1.5 tackles for a loss and one sack in 41 games, while on the offensive line he played in each of UCLA’s first four games this season. Already has announced offers from Akron, UConn and San Jose State. <-

... if he picks UConn, Farrell will downgrade him. ;)

If anybody else has SIRIUS XM radio... try and catch Farrell when he's interviewed on ESPNU Radio... He is a complete rock star now... amazing...and he talks smack too.. plenty...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom