2023 Bracketology: UConn a 10 seed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Bracketology: UConn a 10 seed

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Someone needs to remind Joey Brackets what is was like when he used to get stuffed in the locker in high school. Eating his dessert alone in the cafeteria like Steven Glansberg. This nerd has gotten too big for his britches.
LOL, well that was a bit of an overreaction, don’t you think? I respect the anger though.

Reaction Score
Cole was first team all Big East and Martin was our best player in multiple games last year. What a clown statement. Who do you see coming in that will be better than either by December next year?
The entire starting 5. You people love to relish Cole. Guy choked the Creighton game away when Bouknight had 40. Don’t get me wrong they’re easy to root for. Let’s not act like we’re losing Kemba Walker. The fact that Martin was the best player in multiple games is the exact reason this team was one and done on the tournament. Thanks for proving my point you moron.

Reaction Score
Is it o.k. to be worried about losing 4 of our 6 who played the most? Even if you're not an anti-Hurley lunatic, it's fine to have questions about next year. It's just being able to acknowledge that you couldn't count on any of the four who left to have been the answers.
Okay but if you bring in guys you can count on then what’s the difference. If Diggins was never going to play are you really that worried about it? He went to UMass? UMass lost to Yale by 20 this year..

Reaction Score
The entire starting 5. You people love to relish Cole. Guy choked the Creighton game away when Bouknight had 40. Don’t get me wrong they’re easy to root for. Let’s not act like we’re losing Kemba Walker. The fact that Martin was the best player in multiple games is the exact reason this team was one and done on the tournament. Thanks for proving my point you moron.
No, the entire starting 5 is not going to be better than Cole and Martin. If they were, the team would win every game by double digits. What an odd statement.

Reaction Score
Cole was first team all Big East and Martin was our best player in multiple games last year. What a clown statement. Who do you see coming in that will be better than either by December next year?
I think you're underestimating how good Newton is....

Reaction Score
No, the entire starting 5 is not going to be better than Cole and Martin. If they were, the team would win every game by double digits. What an odd statement.
Newton, an improved Hawinks (BEPOY potential), Ajax (our new leader seems to be slipping right into the role nicely), Karaban/Samson, Sanogo is better than any starting 5 we trotted out there last year.

Reaction Score
Newton, an improved Hawinks (BEPOY potential), Ajax (our new leader seems to be slipping right into the role nicely), Karaban/Samson, Sanogo is better than any starting 5 we trotted out there last year.
You're basically implying with that statement first team BE for Hawkins. That's a huge jump in one season. Heck, Tyrese had a really solid season and didn't even land in the 3rd team (though we all pretty much all felt he got jobbed). But, yes, that lineup has the potential to be a bit better but also could be a full step backwards too; the real unknowns being the Karaban/Samson aspect and the overall defensive aspect because Cole, Martin, and Whaley were not too shabby defensive players.

Reaction Score
Come back to reality a little bit. They were good players, they played hard and you got the very best out of them. Face the music, they couldn’t beat Creighton ever and won 1 big game in their UConn career that they were lucky to win. Be excited for the future.

Reaction Score
I think you're drinking a little too much of the kool aid. Hawkins as having BEPOY after averaging around 5pts a game on 35% shooting and forgetting how to dribble for large swaths of the season is not the most realistic projection. Newton was great in the AAC and will be good for us, but whether he's as good as Cole was last year is not something that will automatically happened. If AJax can't shoot again next year we're stuck in the same square peg round hole scenario we were with him this year. Karaban hasn't played a minute of college bball and is a good but not can't miss prospect, and Samson didn't light it up last year either.

I think the ceiling for this team is much, much higher than last year. I also think a lot of the people on this board are really overly optimistic for next year considering all of the unknowns.

Reaction Score
Okay but if you bring in guys you can count on then what’s the difference. If Diggins was never going to play are you really that worried about it? He went to UMass? UMass lost to Yale by 20 this year..
Read much? I literally said it was fine to not be worried about losing Diggins, Floyd, Akok and Gaffney

Reaction Score
I think you're drinking a little too much of the kool aid. Hawkins as having BEPOY after averaging around 5pts a game on 35% shooting and forgetting how to dribble for large swaths of the season is not the most realistic projection. Newton was great in the AAC and will be good for us, but whether he's as good as Cole was last year is not something that will automatically happened. If AJax can't shoot again next year we're stuck in the same square peg round hole scenario we were with him this year. Karaban hasn't played a minute of college bball and is a good but not can't miss prospect, and Samson didn't light it up last year either.

I think the ceiling for this team is much, much higher than last year. I also think a lot of the people on this board are really overly optimistic for next year considering all of the unknowns.
Can't wait til Hawk wins BEPOY right in your face. Sue me for being excited about our season!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom