2023-24 Non-Conference Games of Note | The Boneyard

2023-24 Non-Conference Games of Note

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Too bad its on a Thursday though

A few notes from Axios Charlotte

Between the lines: Charlotte Sports Foundation, which is putting on the Ally Tipoff, has been working to bring all sorts of collegiate sports to town.

CSF brought two HBCU football programs to Charlotte for the first time in the 2022 Duke’s Mayo Classic at Bank of America Stadium, and it launched a three-year deal with the Jordan Brand to host men’s and women’s college basketball at Spectrum Center with the Jumpman Invitational and it’s now highlighting women’s basketball exclusively with the Ally Tipoff.

FOWL BATTLE

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

What is the Chapel Hill coach talking about about... Many of the great traditions.? UCONN definitely... SCAR has been good for 8 years...UCLA has never done a thing since the NCAA tournament began, and Chapel Hill won their only title before most of us had their drivers license. Come on man.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

What is the Chapel Hill coach talking about about... Many of the great traditions.? UCONN definitely... SCAR has been good for 8 years...UCLA has never done a thing since the NCAA tournament began, and Chapel Hill won their only title before most of us had their drivers license. Come on man.

UNC was a dominant program during stretches of the 90s/00s. I dont see the harm in hyping up an event where a number of top teams will be playing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UNC was a dominant program during stretches of the 90s/00s. I dont see the harm in hyping up an event where a number of top teams will be playing.

You could have let me cook for a least 24 hours.:oops:

Our friend gets indignant at anything even remotely positive being said or implied about the school in Chapel Hill.

giphy.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, Lawson has just 46 career wins so far, can't really put her anywhere among the coaching echelon until she's actually, you know, coached for a while.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Well, Lawson has just 46 career wins so far, can't really put her anywhere among the coaching echelon until she's actually, you know, coached for a while.
True, but great upside, I think. Banghart as well.

That's a bunch of decent programs. I was impressed by Utah last year, but few remember they had a solid mid-major history under Elaine Elliott. FSU and UCLA have solid histories that a lot of teams would be envious of, as well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Early returns are promising and I prefer Lawson over Banghart.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
wish Stanford were in one of those slots!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Early returns are promising and I prefer Lawson over Banghart.
That's fine, and glad you are happy with your coach. Because she's been at it for so much longer, the measurables stack up hugely in Banghart's favor. She's been getting her teams to the Tourney on a very regular basis, both at Princeton and Carolina.

Reaction Score
Battle of the Birds in Charlotte

I expect Iowa to be a bit wobbly coming out of the gate this fall. Replacing 2 three-year starters without portal additions and probable experimentation with multiple lineups will lead to some head-scratching performances. I feel the potential for another good team by the end of the season is very good though.

Reaction Score

Happy Sunday Triad. Your posts always have me smiling

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
VPI will open the season at home versus the mighty Panthers of High Point. They will be unveiling the ACC championship and Final Four banners that night.

Can my Panthers spoil this festive evening? We are out for revenge for last seasons beatdown. We coming

panther-panthers.gif

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado has not been noted for their non conference schedules. That's a big step up for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom