2022 UConn Football Commit - Marquez Bembry (Stone Mountain, Georgia) | The Boneyard

2022 UConn Football Commit - Marquez Bembry (Stone Mountain, Georgia)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Interesting at his size these highlights he played on the outside!

Reaction Score
This is the guy I dreamed of - not by name of course since I wouldn't have a clue. We desperately needed a big LB that can shed blocks at the second level and is mobile enough to get to the ball carrier. Combine that with the info that Prince Samuels is going to be tried at LB I feel so much better about that group. It appears Bembry has only one year but there seem to be so many players that are claiming to have more time than expected (even after accounting for the freebie Covid year) that I'm never sure.

Edit: In fact, he's one of them. It appears he was HS class of '17 and then was listed as a redshirt freshman in '18 at JC before redshirting again his first season at UK (two games) and playing regularly for two years. He'll be in his sixth year. He's played two years at UK, one year at JC and redshirted twice. Deduct the freebie and it still appears he'd be out of time. How does this system really work?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer