2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 83 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Wash appears to be at least looking for other options/offers...

I wonder if the staff pumped the breaks on their interest. Up until Jan 1 he was all in on anything UConn.

Reaction Score
I wonder if the staff pumped the breaks on their interest. Up until Jan 1 he was all in on anything UConn.
Yet he still like a good chunk of UCONN tweets including tweets from Mora and Hilliard today

Reaction Score
My gut feeling is Mora is fairly committed to a process that the Offer is firm once the kids got to campus and he has personally had the chance to interview and feel the cultural fit. That was my take on Xavier Brown. And the slight hesitation on Samuels tells me that it is more than throwing out a verbal/paper offer and then COMMITTMENT.

Reaction Score

Elijah Adams @E_Adams0 40s
I will not be announcing my commitment at 2 pm today. I need more time to process this decision, and make sure that I make the best decision that is on the table right now. This is not a 4 year decision, this is a 40 year decision.
Strange one… ASA Miami JUCO LB Elijah Adam commits to Carson-Newman.

Besides UConn and Carson-Newman he reportedly had offers from FAU, Miami (OH), SMU, Temple, Texas State, Tusculum and UMass.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The roll we're on lately is downhill. Losing recruits to James Madison, Carson-Newman and Rutgers in one day?

I guess for Adams it was hard to resist the challenges he'll face next year playing Barton, Catawba, Newberry and Mars Hill. I mean I could see him wanting to play for Tusculum, but C-N. It looks even worse when you see their record and how badly they lost their games.

Did he really still have offers from UConn, Temple, FAU and UMass?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The roll we're on lately is downhill. Losing recruits to James Madison, Carson-Newman and Rutgers in one day?

I guess for Adams it was hard to resist the challenges he'll face next year playing Barton, Catawba, Newberry and Mars Hill. I mean I could see him wanting to play for Tusculum, but C-N. It looks even worse when you see their record and how badly they lost their games.

Did he really still have offers from UConn, Temple, FAU and UMass?
We had to expect that this second cycle was going to be tough. Mora did really well keeping the recruits we had and bringing in the transfers and few HS players he did. I'll be happy with a couple OLine players and call it a day. The SHU player who committed to RU had a laundry list of offers that he got after us. There were SEC schools in there. I didn't think we had a huge shot after his list blew up like that.

I'm not as worried on losing recruits to those schools. We don't know what went on behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
The SHU player who committed to RU had a laundry list of offers that he got after us. There were SEC schools in there. I didn't think we had a huge shot after his list blew up like that.

I'm not as worried on losing recruits to those schools. We don't know what went on behind the scenes.
We were never in the mix for DiRenzo:

->"That's just a plus, that my family will be able to come see every game," he said. "My gut was telling me the whole time (to pick Rutgers) but I think it was (Friday) night when it all clicked with me, and that I was going to do it." DiRenzo said he was giving strong consideration to Virginia, Kentucky, Michigan State and Oklahoma. <-

Reaction Score
We had to expect that this second cycle was going to be tough. Mora did really well keeping the recruits we had and bringing in the transfers and few HS players he did. I'll be happy with a couple OLine players and call it a day. The SHU player who committed to RU had a laundry list of offers that he got after us. There were SEC schools in there. I didn't think we had a huge shot after his list blew up like that.

Only OL transfers we confirmed visited are Guidone, Nelson, Le Boucher and Hammond. Mora no longer follows Nelson so I assume that didn't work out. Le Boucher set his commitment date as 1/15 per his Twitter and hasn't posted anything about other visits since UConn. I would think he and Hammond are waiting on their academic status.

Reaction Score
Look at the last 5 posts of this topic

WE aren't easily gonna win a Offensive lineman when he quickly gets a dozen offers from Name Brand Football programs. Whether it is Sacred Heart, Georgetown or Coastal Carolina. These things you read on twitter are fantastical nothingness. Relationships ... if a kid went to HS in Virginia, there is a chance Coach Sammis has had a previous relationship when he was first recruited. Probability raises slightly. Not all of the info we know is on twitter. Whether kids uses twitter - and a lot seem to not use it; we may never know. Any kid - Le Boucher, Nelson, Hammond - that got to campus and got toured is a solid chance - imho. And whether Coach Mora follows him or not is silly. We have things going on with Offensive Line that is not above the surface; like the Texas wing coming in has relationships with juco and levels far beyond we had reached before.

Academics? I wonder about this; but at this point I don't think the University is sooo hard on the admission. If a kid got to campus, basic due diligence got done AND he is a candidate for a visit/commitment. We may have surprises ... because of the new additions.

Reaction Score

Exactly. We can't expect to get a guy like DiRenzo right now. He had a boat load of meaningful offers, and explicitly stated that he was looking to showcase himself to be a higher draft pick. It's hard to do that at UConn right now. And honestly, JMU is one of the best teams in FCS. In some ways, perhaps a better option than UConn right now. The third guy who went to that D2 school, I imagine, screwed something up bad and lost his offers. Mora's done a fine job given the circumstances. Get a couple OL grad transfers somewhere along the line. Any way we cut it this is not going to be a team that's going to be good year 1.

Reaction Score
Bottom line is that it is much easier to recruit a HS kid and develop him into a O-lineman than it is to recruit grad transfer OL. Why? EVERY school needs help on the OL and a grad transfer usually has 4 years of development, will qualify academically, and you can easily assess their game tape to see if they are good or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom