2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 77 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
the Wyoming QB we saw - Sean Chambers - was pretty good. He enters the Tranfer Portal ... and here's what happens:

"On Friday afternoon, Bohl announced in a statement that Wyoming will try to add a quarterback to its roster for the 2022 season via the transfer portal or junior college.

"The college football landscape is changing with the one-time transfer rule and NIL," Bohl said in the statement. "Our staff anticipated this movement and have a clear vision to navigate these uncharted waters. After a successful early signing day, Cowboy Football will address the need to sign a quarterback via the transfer portal or junior college.

"We believe this is a great opportunity for a transfer quarterback to come in and make an impact on our program. We've seen that before when we brought Josh Allen into our program, and we're excited for the next chapter of Cowboy Football." Disseminated broadly

Advertising and marketing for the next QB.

We are entering a new world in CFB. I think we probably will find out that Sean Chambers had a destination before the paperwork. And the fluidity of this market will be amazing. This is tiers below P5 elite. Chambers may rise to P5 somewhere. Net net ... kids are gonna be texting and using their cellphone with other programs regularly. Particularly QB. And Wyoming is saying they started gearing up the hit list weeks ago.

is NIL code for ... "he's getting paid"

Reaction Score
the Wyoming QB we saw - Sean Chambers - was pretty good. He enters the Tranfer Portal ... and here's what happens:

"On Friday afternoon, Bohl announced in a statement that Wyoming will try to add a quarterback to its roster for the 2022 season via the transfer portal or junior college.

"The college football landscape is changing with the one-time transfer rule and NIL," Bohl said in the statement. "Our staff anticipated this movement and have a clear vision to navigate these uncharted waters. After a successful early signing day, Cowboy Football will address the need to sign a quarterback via the transfer portal or junior college.

"We believe this is a great opportunity for a transfer quarterback to come in and make an impact on our program. We've seen that before when we brought Josh Allen into our program, and we're excited for the next chapter of Cowboy Football." Disseminated broadly

We are entering a new world in CFB. I think we probably will find out that Sean Chambers had a destination before the paperwork. And the fluidity of this market will be amazing. This is tiers below P5 elite. Chambers may rise to P5 somewhere. Net net ... kids are gonna be texting and using their cellphone with other programs regularly. Particularly QB. And Wyoming is saying they started gearing up the hit list weeks ago.

I could be misremembering but I'm pretty sure Wyoming fans and players are all sick of Bohl because of how he treats his players

Reaction Score

Colleges can now recruit off of other fbs rosters. Some predicted this is where it was headed years back. We don't like the guy but The Dude called this back like in 2013.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
For those who don't have Twitter..
1640475322884.png

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Lol. You know you ain't right when you know them all as soon as you see them. Have watched way too much college football over the years.
I didn't know Jackson State.

Reaction Score
When I think of Jackson State, I think of Lindsey Hunter ending Cliff Robinson’s UConn career.

Reaction Score
I was wrong. It was Scott Burrell’s career

Sorry for the OT. Bur I was at that game, and Hunter was literally superhuman. He hit shots from everywhere, including it seemed mid-court shots. It was sad but ridiculously impressive. One of the finest offensive performances I have ever seen live.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Here is an update on which players offered are being followed by which coaches. I have broken it down into Assistant Coaches and Head Coach +others. All other offers are currently not being followed by anyone associated with UConn Football That I can find.

Assistant Coaches Only
  1. Marquise Allsup (DB/ATH) - St Vincent Pallotti High School, Laurel Maryland (Barthel)
  2. Jeremiah McGill (DB) - Chaminade-Madonna Prep, Hollywood Florida (UConn Commit 6/22/21>Decommitted 9/20/21) (McClendan and Barthel)
  3. Alex Bauman (TE/DL) - Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank New Jersey (Barthel)
  4. Brad Harris (OL) - St. Joseph Prep, Philadelphia PA (Barthel)
  5. Jayson Jenkins (DL/TE) - Notre Dame High School, Lawrenceville New Jersey (Charlton and Barthel)
  6. Ja’Shon Little (OL) - Danbury High School, Danbury CT (Charlton)
  7. Prince Samuels (DE) - Windsor High School, Windsor CT (Charlton)
  8. Deyavie Hammond (OL) - Lakeland Florida>Independence Community College (JUCO), Independence Kansas (Charlton and Pehrson)
  9. Derek Ferraro (OL) - New Rochelle NY>Rice University (Grad Transfer) (Charlton)
  10. Jaden Blue (WR) - Randallstown MD>Temple University (Grad Transfer) (Barthel)
  11. Jared Verse (DL) - Central Columbus High School, Bloomsburg PA>University of Albany (Transfer Portal) (Barthel)
  12. Kha’lil Eason (RB/WR/ATH) - Norwalk CT attending the Brunswick School, Greenwich CT (Barthel)
  13. Justice Ugo (DB) Blinn Junior College in Brenham,Texas. (Pehrson)
Coach Mora and Others
  1. Nicholas “Nico” Schwikal (WR/TE/LB/DE)- Bernau Germany/Weatherford Texas attending Taft School, Watertown CT (re-offered by Mora) (Mora)
  2. Elijah “EJ” Warner (QB) - Brophy College Prep High School, Phoenix Arizona (Mora)
  3. Camryn Edwards (RB/DB) - Norwalk High School, Norwalk CT (Mora)
  4. Evan Deckers (LS)>Avon CT>AOF>UMass (Grad Transfer) (Mora)
  5. Lee Molette III (DB/WR) - Ravenwood High School, Brentwood Tennessee (Mora)
  6. Zion Turner (QB) - St Thomas Aquinas School, Ft. Lauderdale Florida (Mora and Charlton)
  7. Taquan Roberson (QB) - Wayne New Jersey>Penn State (Transfer Portal) (Mora, Charlton, and Barthel)
  8. Tre'Mond Shorts (OL) - (Mora, Charlton, and Pehrson)
  9. Isaih Davis (DB) - Creekside High School, Fairburn Georgia) (Mora, McClendan, and Perhson)
  10. Michael Vice (TE) - Vestavia Hills, Alabama>Samford University (Transfer Portal) (Mora and Charlton)
  11. Steven Stilianos (TE) - Hayes, Virginia>Lafayette College (Grad Transfer) (Mora and Charlton)
  12. Jurreinte JD Davis (Mora, McClendan, Diabate, and Allen)
  13. Malik Hamm (DL) - Baltimore, Maryland>Lafayette College (Mora and Barthel)

Reaction Score
Here is an update on which players offered are being followed by which coaches. I have broken it down into Assistant Coaches and Head Coach +others. All other offers are currently not being followed by anyone associated with UConn Football That I can find.

Assistant Coaches Only
  1. Marquise Allsup (DB/ATH) - St Vincent Pallotti High School, Laurel Maryland (Barthel)
  2. Jeremiah McGill (DB) - Chaminade-Madonna Prep, Hollywood Florida (UConn Commit 6/22/21>Decommitted 9/20/21) (McClendan and Barthel)
  3. Alex Bauman (TE/DL) - Red Bank Catholic High School, Red Bank New Jersey (Barthel)
  4. Brad Harris (OL) - St. Joseph Prep, Philadelphia PA (Barthel)
  5. Jayson Jenkins (DL/TE) - Notre Dame High School, Lawrenceville New Jersey (Charlton and Barthel)
  6. Ja’Shon Little (OL) - Danbury High School, Danbury CT (Charlton)
  7. Prince Samuels (DE) - Windsor High School, Windsor CT (Charlton)
  8. Deyavie Hammond (OL) - Lakeland Florida>Independence Community College (JUCO), Independence Kansas (Charlton and Pehrson)
  9. Derek Ferraro (OL) - New Rochelle NY>Rice University (Grad Transfer) (Charlton)
  10. Jaden Blue (WR) - Randallstown MD>Temple University (Grad Transfer) (Barthel)
  11. Jared Verse (DL) - Central Columbus High School, Bloomsburg PA>University of Albany (Transfer Portal) (Barthel)
  12. Kha’lil Eason (RB/WR/ATH) - Norwalk CT attending the Brunswick School, Greenwich CT (Barthel)
  13. Justice Ugo (DB) Blinn Junior College in Brenham,Texas. (Pehrson)
Coach Mora and Others
  1. Nicholas “Nico” Schwikal (WR/TE/LB/DE)- Bernau Germany/Weatherford Texas attending Taft School, Watertown CT (re-offered by Mora) (Mora)
  2. Elijah “EJ” Warner (QB) - Brophy College Prep High School, Phoenix Arizona (Mora)
  3. Camryn Edwards (RB/DB) - Norwalk High School, Norwalk CT (Mora)
  4. Evan Deckers (LS)>Avon CT>AOF>UMass (Grad Transfer) (Mora)
  5. Lee Molette III (DB/WR) - Ravenwood High School, Brentwood Tennessee (Mora)
  6. Zion Turner (QB) - St Thomas Aquinas School, Ft. Lauderdale Florida (Mora and Charlton)
  7. Taquan Roberson (QB) - Wayne New Jersey>Penn State (Transfer Portal) (Mora, Charlton, and Barthel)
  8. Tre'Mond Shorts (OL) - (Mora, Charlton, and Pehrson)
  9. Isaih Davis (DB) - Creekside High School, Fairburn Georgia) (Mora, McClendan, and Perhson)
  10. Michael Vice (TE) - Vestavia Hills, Alabama>Samford University (Transfer Portal) (Mora and Charlton)
  11. Steven Stilianos (TE) - Hayes, Virginia>Lafayette College (Grad Transfer) (Mora and Charlton)
  12. Jurreinte JD Davis (Mora, McClendan, Diabate, and Allen)
  13. Malik Hamm (DL) - Baltimore, Maryland>Lafayette College (Mora and Barthel)
Check Zion Cheeks - (Spanos)

Also - are you not including any of the recruiting guys like Zyskowski, Harris, Kinkert, etc…?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No public offer out there yet, but one guy I have been looking at is Ty Wise 6'2'' 226lb Indiana LB who entered the portal on 12/13. Wise redshirted 2020 and played on special teams in 2021. He has Mora, Diabate, Zyskowski, Roundtree and Carrezola following and he has given back follows to the same plus new coach Doug Shearer. HUDL tape suggests he would be a solid OLB that perhaps could be coached into an MLB.

Reaction Score
I just realized that I watched Will Knight play live back in '19. My in-laws are NDSU alum and former season ticket holders and we drove with them down to Delaware to watch NDSU play the Blue Hens.

I don't remember anything specific about him, per se, but just checked the box score from that game:

8 carries for 115 yards and 3 receptions for 46 yards. Impressive work against an elite FCS team like NDSU and even more impressive since his 161 total yards made up a large chunk of Delaware's 261 total yards of offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom