2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 67 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I don't think we will ever know the Xavier Brown story. YES. We have lots of alternatives at this moment - a lot on the roster and exciting new things to look at.

I guess the chaos has calmed; the Mora look at the Edsall verbals meanders along that we got largely the top few that we would have wanted. We probably aren't damaged in Jacksonville or PA. Going forward ... We have to feel like this guy Preston Pehrson has made an imprint already in a few weeks at his desk; his relationships are exponentially beyond a Coach flying to Dallas to pick off one or 2

Reaction Score
It is likely the staff just liked Hicks and Fitzgerald more for how they are building the roster and recruiting contacts going forward.
I would add two things apparently these 2 commits makes it less likely Kareem Burke re-commits and I still think that WR is one of our strongest returning position groups so I am a little surprised we used 2 schollies there especially with some higher end WRs we made offers to in the portal. My point being if we are looking to add to what we have at that position already add a stud. I get the size aspect, and I trust the staff, but we have 5 guys returning with more production then Nigel: (see his career stats below)

1639415372600.png

Reaction Score
I would add two things apparently these 2 commits makes it less likely Kareem Burke re-commits and I still think that WR is one of our strongest returning position groups so I am a little surprised we used 2 schollies there especially with some higher end WRs we made offers to in the portal. My point being if we are looking to add to what we have at that position already add a stud. I get the size aspect, and I trust the staff, but we have 5 guys returning with more production then Nigel: (see his career stats below)

View attachment 71803
Fitzgerald was injured for all but 1 game in 2021 (ODU didn’t play in 2020).

Reaction Score
In looking at him I wonder if we want to make Nigel some sort of WR/TE hybrid. Kid is DK Metcalf/Kyle Pitts sized.

Reaction Score
Fitzgerald was injured for all but 1 game in 2021 (ODU didn’t play in 2020).
So was Drayton except for every game and he had better stats in 2019 against better comp. I do trust the staff, I was just saying I guess it takes Kareem Burke re-committing and some of the higher end WRs in the portal we offered off the table.

Reaction Score

View attachment 71803

Production schmoduction

This guy came in to 2021 touted one of the top playmakers on the ODU roster. What happened? I see no easily readable info in any online media. John Allen - new WR coach from Louisiana Tech WAS previously at ODU. In the time frame that they recruited Nigel

I think we know what we are getting.

Reaction Score
as for KJ Burke

I think we can say that Randy Edsall had an excellent eye for college ready playmakers from Florida. Burke? I look at the Brewton kid. Larry Taylor. Darius Butler. He got speed and maybe a little smaller ... and they were explosive playmakers. One last one in Burke - I am good

Reaction Score

Carlos Washington Jr is a Grad Transfer RB from University of New Hampshire. Originally from Prince George’s County Maryland.

Highlights

Reaction Score
4 stars and those are his only offers?
Just curious. In this age of endless communication vehicles, how does a QB like this fall under the radar? Maybe 4 stars is over-rating him, but his production is rather impressive.

Reaction Score
Could be reading into this too much, but Joly posing with Marinelli could mean he’s coming to Storrs as a TE.

Reaction Score
Could be reading into this too much, but Joly posing with Marinelli could mean he’s coming to Storrs as a TE.

you are reading too much into it

WE have several 230-240 kids coming as well. With Nigel ... and now Joly, we are now bringing in kids we haven't in a decade; that most every other major FBS program has. 6-4 6-5 225 Wideouts. Useful in many ways

Reaction Score

Carlos Washington Jr is a Grad Transfer RB from University of New Hampshire. Originally from Prince George’s County Maryland.

Highlights

So that's who that was kneeling on the lower left. Thaks @huskymedic

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom