2022 Non-UCONN WBB News | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the SEC/Big 12 Challenge is taking place this season? Last season, the games were played the first weekend in December. But, no Big 12 opponents for MSU or Tennessee that weekend in 2022. Only 10 SEC teams participate, but I'm not very hopeful it's happening.

Very disappointed that Texas and Tennessee aren't scheduled to play each other for the first time in maybe 35 years.
Yes it does see, strange. I was wondering why the game wasn't on the schedule.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I'm just glad this is after my doctor's checkup. Cause I got a bad feeling my blood pressure might rise a bit the second week in October.

Reaction Score
Looking less likely SC’s schedule will be as loaded as it was last season. We play UConn, Stanford, Maryland and Oregon but not sure of anyone else other than a possible UCLA matchup. Dawn did say they were in a struggle finding three more games to finish off the schedule. Hoping to see Texas or Baylor in possible Big12/SEC matchup and I wouldn’t mind seeing ND or Louisville and Iowa or Michigan on the schedule as well.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the SEC/Big 12 Challenge is taking place this season? Last season, the games were played the first weekend in December. But, no Big 12 opponents for MSU or Tennessee that weekend in 2022. Only 10 SEC teams participate, but I'm not very hopeful it's happening.

Very disappointed that Texas and Tennessee aren't scheduled to play each other for the first time in maybe 35 years.
Texas A&M is facing Kansas this season in the Big 12/SEC Challenge so it appears to be happening, they just haven't released the full slate, or haven't finished solidifying matchups. It seems Tennessee and MSU just aren't participating this season.

Texas-Tennessee was a projected top-10 (maybe even top 5) matchup this upcoming season that I was looking forward too. There is a possibility they could face each other in the Bahamas, but not having the pre-conceived guaranteed matchup makes for the bracket set up all that more interesting. I'm curious if they didn't schedule their regular series due to a potential contract conflict with potentially meeting more than once during the season? Though UCONN & SC met, so that wouldn't make sense
Looking less likely SC’s schedule will be as loaded as it was last season. We play UConn, Stanford, Maryland and Oregon but not sure of anyone else other than a possible UCLA matchup. Dawn did say they were in a struggle finding three more games to finish off the schedule. Hoping to see Texas or Baylor in possible Big12/SEC matchup and I wouldn’t mind seeing ND or Louisville and Iowa or Michigan on the schedule as well.
Wondering if they're setting up a SC @ Texas matchup, Texas is set to host and SC would need to be on the road... maybe thats just wishful thinking though:p

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas A&M is facing Kansas this season in the Big 12/SEC Challenge so it appears to be happening, they just haven't released the full slate, or haven't finished solidifying matchups. It seems Tennessee and MSU just aren't participating this season.

Texas-Tennessee was a projected top-10 (maybe even top 5) matchup this upcoming season that I was looking forward too. There is a possibility they could face each other in the Bahamas, but not having the pre-conceived guaranteed matchup makes for the bracket set up all that more interesting. I'm curious if they didn't schedule their regular series due to a potential contract conflict with potentially meeting more than once during the season? Though UCONN & SC met, so that wouldn't make sense

Wondering if they're setting up a SC @ Texas matchup, Texas is set to host and SC would need to be on the road... maybe thats just wishful thinking though:p
Thanks. That makes 2 seasons in a row that Tennessee doesn't play in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.

Yeah, I've been holding out hope that S. Carolina would come to Austin; but, they were sent to Austin for the challenge like 5-6 years ago. So, figured that wouldn't happen again without Texas getting sent to Columbia first.

Reaction Score

If that is so SC will face it’s toughest opponents on the road this year. Stanford, Oregon, Maryland, UConn, and possibly Texas will all be away games. Very interesting for sure but I love the thought of going in everyone else’s gym and getting their best shot.

Reaction Score
Great for the ratings. I wouldn’t mind a Reese vs Blackwell matchup or a Andrews vs Morris one either.
That would also be a homecoming for Morris if it did happen.

Both teams are replacing a bunch of starters. LSU is replacing 4, Baylor 3.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Did you actually read something somewhere that the challenge is for sure happening?

In reading the A&M and Kansas schedule releases, neither of them mentions their matchup as being part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.

Reaction Score
Did you actually read something somewhere that the challenge is for sure happening?

In reading the A&M and Kansas schedule releases, neither of them mentions their matchup as being part of the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.

Thats weird, I swore I read something about that matchup being apart of the challenge but I cannot dig it up. Hopefully this COVID fog isn't hitting me too hard:eek: if there ends up not being a challenge then that would be quite disappointing as that event often produces some interesting matchups

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If that is so SC will face it’s toughest opponents on the road this year. Stanford, Oregon, Maryland, UConn, and possibly Texas will all be away games. Very interesting for sure but I love the thought of going in everyone else’s gym and getting their best shot.

Too bad you guys ran from Duke, but oh well.

Reaction Score
They gonna pair LSU and Baylor up. Watch them send Kim back to Baylor for this challenge
I truly hope they wait until another year to schedule Baylor and LSU. The drama surrounding this match up would not be good for either school. I am sure Nicki who fought constant comparisons with Kim all last year and players on team who played for Kim would not want this.

I also doubt that Kim wants to go back and play Baylor now. Things have come out since Kim left and she was not on best terms with everyone at Baylor before she left…. The Baylor crowd would be very large and boisterous. Definitely would not be easy place for LSU to play.

They well could schedule these teams due to ratings but I imagine both teams hope not…

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Where is LSU's schedule? Am I blind for not seeing it posted? :p

Reaction Score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220817-102033~2.png
    Screenshot_20220817-102033~2.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 132
Reaction Score
For a sec i thought that 11/16 matchup was with UCONN lol Kim im getting tired of the stat padding to get a ranking lol

Reaction Score
I don't know why I continue to get worked up over something we all knew was coming.

Great coach, talented roster, should schedule way better though. Again you DO NOT have to schedule a bunch of top 10 teams. Just schedule some average/above average. I get it, you are basically replacing an entire team but you have Morris, Angel Reese, Ladazhia Williams, Kateri Poole and other talented freshmen, just schedule something average... That schedule is even bad by Kim's standards. Have a little bit of confidence in your team. The disaster she took over beat Iowa St and Missouri St last year, you can schedule someone better. I think the best team LSU plays pending the TBA one in Hawaii is Oregon St?

Sadly she will probably not schedule a big game until her roster is 100% hers and they played together for at least a year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For a sec i thought that 11/16 matchup was with UCONN lol Kim im getting tired of the stat padding to get a ranking lol
You're not the only one. A fair representation of how much squinting was required from my end listed below. ;)

Staring George Costanza GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog