2022 > Jim Mora era begins… | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 > Jim Mora era begins…

Reaction Score
I hope so. The last decade of UConn football has left me very skeptical of preseason optimism.
Take the defense out of it for a second. Look at the offense when Mazzone schemed for Tyler and to a lesser extend Krejewski. That offense was exciting, making play, scoring and most importantly staying on the field. We have a OC that runs an offense that will be similar to that and we have 3 QB's ( Roberson, Tyler and Zion) that fit that system. Even if the defense moves up to say the low 90's to high 80's at best, the offense is going to be able to keep us in games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It
Take the defense out of it for a second. Look at the offense when Mazzone schemed for Tyler and to a lesser extend Krejewski. That offense was exciting, making play, scoring and most importantly staying on the field. We have a OC that runs an offense that will be similar to that and we have 3 QB's ( Roberson, Tyler and Zion) that fit that system. Even if the defense moves up to say the low 90's to high 80's at best, the offense is going to be able to keep us in games.
I hear you, it’s just gonna be a while before I can buy in.

Reaction Score
I hope so. The last decade of UConn football has left me very skeptical of preseason optimism.
Yeah, I'd be careful with any statements of "things cannot get worse". I watched the Fiesta Bowl from Yale, NH Hospital where my daughter had just been born. She's 11, and there have been too many instances of "it can't get worse", only to see the bar lowered. But i am hopeful that we got us the right coach. Time will tell.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'd be careful with any statements of "things cannot get worse". I watched the Fiesta Bowl from Yale, NH Hospital where my daughter had just been born. She's 11, and there have been too many instances of "it can't get worse", only to see the bar lowered. But i am hopeful that we got us the right coach. Time will tell.
If anyone posts that, that is inevitably met by a reply from me saying “don’t say that, don’t ever say that“.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that Jim Mora is an outstanding choice and I’m very hopeful, but … the last decade has taken it’s toll. I really need to see improvement on the field.

Reaction Score
They are crushing social media. I know none of it counts until we see it turn into results on the field, and I've TRIED not to get excited, but each post is getting me more and more HPYED UP!!
LOL. You're a grown man. Social media gets you excited?

Mora to date has been very professional. Good for him. I mean that. It's better than not being professoinal But I'll believe that our players being pushed around at the line of scrimmage against UMass had nothing to do with the players and everything to do with Edsall, who had been gone for over a month at that point, when the players convince me they can compete. Not when someone sends out a nice tweet.

Reaction Score
They are crushing social media. I know none of it counts until we see it turn into results on the field, and I've TRIED not to get excited, but each post is getting me more and more HPYED UP!!
As the Legend said, "Football is 90% mental and the other half is physical."

It's all in the attitude and the revolution is bringing an entirely new ballgame.

Reaction Score
We have a OC that runs an offense that will be similar to that and we have 3 QB's ( Roberson, Tyler and Zion) that fit that system. Even if the defense moves up to say the low 90's to high 80's at best, the offense is going to be able to keep us in games.
We have 4

Reaction Score

Mora to date has been very professional. Good for him. I mean that. It's better than not being professoinal But I'll believe that our players being pushed around at the line of scrimmage against UMass had nothing to do with the players and everything to do with Edsall, who had been gone for over a month at that point, when the players convince me they can compete. Not when someone sends out a nice tweet.

Social media doesn't get me excited.

Great social media gets me excited.

It is doing what it is supposed to do - generate energy around the program. You and I would be there regardless - Section 241 - row 2. But I'd much rather be excited about being there instead of feeling like it is my job. Come September - we will see what happens when they get punched in the mouth.

Reaction Score

Pretty snobby response. Let the guy enjoy himself. This is also a team that has some of the highest roster turnover of anyone in FBS.

Reaction Score
That new dude from KY getting a lot of social media face time from the official UConn Football social media outlets.

Reaction Score
They dominated last years team where Spanos basically gave up the defensive coordinator duties to be HC. I fully believe the defense is going to night and day difference this year. They won't be shackled by Edsall who had to have his hands in everything. The offense will cannot be any worse than it was last year so only makes the defense better and the schedule is marginally easier.

I’m sure Spanos had no part in helping a 1st time DC out when he was trying to show he deserves to be HC.. if you don’t think he had a hand in the play calling you must be on some strong stuff doc.

Reaction Score
Yet, too bad we didn't have Edsall and one of his amazing creative game plans to lead the team to victory.

Reaction Score
If anyone posts that, that is inevitably met by a reply from me saying “don’t say that, don’t ever say that“.

Don’t get me wrong, I think that Jim Mora is an outstanding choice and I’m very hopeful, but … the last decade has taken it’s toll. I really need to see improvement on the field.
Ten tears running: It can't get worse (Nov). This is the year. I swear. I can feel it. (Feb). O.k., now it cant get any worse (Nov.)

But, this year is different. I can feel it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
UConn Football Marketing/Social media is killing it like never before. This will only help recruiting down the road. I will be all over the over next year!!!!
But don't you miss Edsall's daily tweets of inspiration? You know...the words he shared but didn't follow?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Fyi- as today we are 196 days to the Utah game. 196 days until we see what this new staff can do.

I expect to see Mora getting in guys faces- I expect he will be a tad more like Dan Hurley. Big energy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom