2022 Non-UCONN WBB News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Non-UCONN WBB News

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Late to this thread - the amount of schools changing conferences - oh my!!!

Years ago when we were still on the East Coast I did a lot of spreadsheet tracking of the major referees, checking box scores to see what conferences they worked, and how many games for each conference. Very interesting. But it required knowing conferences, now, I admit I would be lost!!!

Thanks for starting this @triaddukefan

Reaction Score
Who does Baylor have to make it fun this year lol ?
They added Dre'Una Edwards (Kentucky) and Blackwell (Missouri). Andrews is pretty good. I don't think Baylor will be as dominant inside as past teams but they have some talent still. Not sure how good they will be.

Reaction Score
Also bringing back Caitlyn Bickle and Jaden Owens who showed great improvement last year as well as 3 point shooter Ja Mee Asberry. Also have some very good freshmen ( including # 17 recruit Darianna Littlepage-Buggs). I think Baylor will have a good team.

Like many teams this year, they have a lot of new players. How good they will be depends on how quickly players learn Nicki’s system and how to play together.

Reaction Score
They added Dre'Una Edwards (Kentucky) and Blackwell (Missouri). Andrews is pretty good. I don't think Baylor will be as dominant inside as past teams but they have some talent still. Not sure how good they will be.
Sounds like a middle of the pack Big12 team . No way they will be able to defend but then again CNC is all about offense so maybe it works out. Do they have any height at all?

Reaction Score
Sounds like a middle of the pack Big12 team . No way they will be able to defend but then again CNC is all about offense so maybe it works out. Do they have any height at all?
One thing is for sure, Baylor is going a very different direction style wise with Nicki. I think they will be more versatile offensively having more range as she has a much bigger emphasis on 3 point ball. I don't think they will be as dominant in the paint. How she gets them to play defensively is something I'll be interested in.

Kim has her faults like every other coach in America but Baylor was incredibly dominant and had an amazing run over the last decade in large part because of their defense and dominance in the post so it'll be interesting to see how Nicki's vision and style translate.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hump-Day-Memes-27.jpg

I gotta admit, this one hurts. My beloved Big South Conference just lost their third school within the last year, the top 3 schools in fact. This makes missing out on Queens University (who went to the ASUN) even more painful. No more throwing out the record books when the Panthers and Camels meet up. :(

Down to 9 schools after this years.... just 4 football playing schools...... man ol man. #rollhumps I guess

Reaction Score
Gonna be split three ways between Fox CBS and NBC
Just musing out loud. I wonder if their BIG10+ service was an issue during negotiations. That's a revenue stream I couldn't see the BIG10 being willing to give up to ESPN.

I like BIG10+ because you can customize your subscription and that I can actually subscribe to it as a Canadian. Don't get me wrong, ESPN+ is cool too but it doesn't seem customizable and I can't get it without having to go through hoops (pun intended) to do so because of government regulations here :(:mad::(:mad:

Reaction Score
B1G wants to be the priority; FOX gives them that. ESPN/ABC has chosen to prioritize the SEC.
Appreciate the insight. I find the TV deals in US sports intriguing. The layers involved is what interests me.

Reaction Score
Ill be honest I'm scared to even look at LSU's OOC schedule when its released. One of the few things I have always disagreed with Kim. You don't need to schedule a bunch of top 10 teams (especially if you don't have the roster) but schedule more teams within striking distance of making the NCAAT/or in itself. Beating up on small teams who's RPI is in the 200s/300's. Doesn't do much to improve anyone and its such an eye sore on the resume.

All I know is LSU is going to Hawaii and the Bahamas.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yikes, not much there for UA's non con. Is Adia still going with the "nobody will come to Tucson" excuse?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not schedule related, but Univ. of Washington's team is currently on a trip to Italy.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Are you freakign kidding me? I could have sworn I'd read somewhere that Texas would make a return trip to Tucson this season since last season's game in Vegas was canceled. :mad:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the SEC/Big 12 Challenge is taking place this season? Last season, the games were played the first weekend in December. But, no Big 12 opponents for MSU or Tennessee that weekend in 2022. Only 10 SEC teams participate, but I'm not very hopeful it's happening.

Very disappointed that Texas and Tennessee aren't scheduled to play each other for the first time in maybe 35 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom