Men - 2021 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s South Bend Regional (6/4 > 6/7) Game 3 v. Central Michigan > Sunday @ 12p on ESPN3/Mixlr | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Men 2021 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s South Bend Regional (6/4 > 6/7) Game 3 v. Central Michigan > Sunday @ 12p on ESPN3/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Predicts us to win the regional. Doomed.

Reaction Score
Did anyone get tickets for 1st round game? I tried but they were sold out. Thoughts??

Reaction Score
Did anyone get tickets for 1st round game? I tried but they were sold out. Thoughts??
I was able to get tickets but I jumped on the site right at noon on Tuesday. There were still tickets available Tuesday afternoon even after the Notre Dame game sold out. I have no thoughts on getting tickets now other than ticket resellers. Stubhub has tickets for Saturday but none for Friday. $50 compared to $8 for list price.

Reaction Score

After working his way to the top of the Huskies’ rotation, Peterson (7-1, 2.65 ERA), a 6-foot-6 righthander with modest velocity but a strong feel for the craft of pitching, will start against Michigan in the first round of the South Bend Regional on Friday at 7 p.m. (ESPN3). He expects to have 18 family members and friends from his hometown, Chesterton, Indiana, in the ballpark to watch the most important start of his baseball life.

“His [Wabash Valley] coach, Rob Fournier, contacted us and asked [pitching coach] Josh MacDonald if he had interest in adding an arm, and we always had interest in adding arms,” Penders said. “We never saw him in person, but we loved what we saw on video and the numbers he had at Wabash.”<

Last edited:
Reaction Score

“His [Wabash Valley] coach, Rob Fournier, contacted us and asked [pitching coach] Josh MacDonald if he had interest in adding an arm, and we always had interest in adding arms,” Penders said. “We never saw him in person, but we loved what we saw on video and the numbers he had at Wabash.”<

This is really cool stuff...

-> At UConn, he began the season as the Saturday starter, posting impressive early victories at Southern Mississippi and Coastal Carolina at a time when wins were scarce. When a COVID-19 outbreak forced the Huskies to juggle the conference schedule, Penders was faced with having to use Casperius on short rest at St. John’s on May 7. Peterson, who’d pitched five days earlier, volunteered to go and threw seven strong innings to open an important Big East series.

“That was my first Friday night start, and it was a tough outing for me,” Peterson said. “I didn’t have my best stuff, it was something I really had to work for. After the game, Coach Mac came up and said, ‘I love you, man,’ and he gave me a big hug. ‘I’m so proud of you.’ Coach Penders did the same thing. That’s really awesome for a 21-year-old kid to have that kind of support and the trust I have from the coaches. This whole year has been a lot of fun.” <-

Here is the alternate access reading link if needed

Reaction Score
The UConn baseball schedule on the UConn Athletics website is showing that WHUS is carrying the Friday night game against Michigan. I think the last game WHUS carried was the Sunday St. John's game close to a month ago.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The UConn baseball schedule on the UConn Athletics website is showing that WHUS is carrying the Friday night game against Michigan. I think the last game WHUS carried was the Sunday St. John's game close to a month ago.
It's been way too long
Listen to WHUS and watch on ESPN3
Just hope the lag times aren't too far off

Reaction Score
Decided not t travel the 11 hours due to the ticket situation, stadium seats 1,700? ND draws and 2 Michigan teams?

Go Huskies, I'm wholeheartedly backing you!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Decided not t travel the 11 hours due to the ticket situation, stadium seats 1,700? ND draws and 2 Michigan teams?

Go Huskies, I'm wholeheartedly backing you!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, UConn will feel like a road team the entire weekend with these Michigan teams plus Notre Dame fans.

Reaction Score

The other thing is, Chris Jones gets to give his cell phone a rest, as he uses it for the games that are broadcasted on MIXlr. I would guess he's looking forward to that.

Reaction Score
Yup, UConn will feel like a road team the entire weekend with these Michigan teams plus Notre Dame fans.
Yup, the ND stadium is nothing special at all. Very small stadium to host and no real environment (I say this now being spoiled with our right field berm and nice stadium tucked into the trees). Much different host site than our previous regional visits which I think is a good thing. Our players may not have played here but our coaches and 'team' have been here many times.

Reaction Score
You never know what will happen, but UConn has played several 4 hour 9 inning games this season, so it may be a late night even before the Mets game.
I have Youtube TV so I can watch both at the same time if UConn goes long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom