Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

High School:

• Starred locally for Berlin High School in Connecticut
  • Named All-Conference at quarterback and All-State at defensive back
  • Switching to wide receiver to begin his collegiate career
  • Played WR at Berlin before moving to QB
  • During his senior season with Berlin, Dunn completed 60.3 percent of his passes for 2,204 yards and 28 touchdowns against just seven interceptions
  • He also helped lead the Redcoats to their first state championship berth in four years
  • As a junior, his first season as the varsity quarterback, Dunn threw for 1824 yards, 18 touchdowns and 13 interceptions
  • He demonstrated plenty of athletic ability as a quarterback, rushing for 344 yards (8.2 ypc) and four touchdowns
Seems like a PWO to supplement our QB unit. Listed as a WR at Sacred Heart.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s a transfer from Sacred Heart University. Thinking he’s a 2020 kid.
According to his Twitter announcement he was entering the transfer portal he will have 4 years of eligibility left. Probably some QB depth now that Senecal left.

Reaction Score
Story in the player thread has confirmed he is coming as a WR. I’m going to assume a WO for now.
At 6'3 and probably a little more than 185 lbs by now I think we still give him a shot at QB at this point in time. With a whole year to prep for the season wouldn't it make sense to have another body throwing to our current receiving corp, especially with Senecal going back to Canada?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
At 6'3 and probably a little more than 185 lbs by now I think we still give him a shot at QB at this point in time. With a whole year to prep for the season wouldn't it make sense to have another body throwing to our current receiving corp, especially with Senecal going back to Canada?
Yep, you need WRs and QBs to facilitate practice. You need extra bodies at most positions.

Reaction Score
Yep, you need WRs and QBs to facilitate practice. You need extra bodies at most positions.
Looking at his recent twitter follows, it seems to support my reasoning (Pindell, and a guy that preps QBs)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looking at his recent twitter follows, it seems to support my reasoning (Pindell, and a guy that preps QBs)
Yeah, he might get a chance to toss the ball. Particularly if we have any injuries. Here is the story from the local paper.

Dunn will join the Huskies as a wide receiver after spending last season with Sacred Heart, a member of the Northeast Conference, which plays at a division lower than UConn does. The Pioneers play at the FCS level, the Huskies in the FBS as an independent.

It will be interesting to see what Dunn, who announced his transfer from Sacred Heart on July 20, is able to bring to UConn. Last season, the Huskies had 14 players catch just 228 passes for 2,592 yards and 14 touchdowns in a 2-10 campaign, its final one as a member of the American Athletic Conference. Overall, the team ranked 81st in the country in passing, directly behind schools such as Ohio, Kent State, Northern Illinois and New Mexico State.

Dunn, listed at 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds, for his part, didn’t get the chance to show his skillset at Sacred Heart. Not only was he making the transition from quarterback, which he played in his final two years at Berlin, to wide receiver, he didn’t record a stat or play in a game as the Pioneers went 7-5. But even for the lack of playing time and learning a new position, he viewed 2019 as an important year nonetheless.

“I really found out how much I love the game,” Dunn said. “If you’re not really bought into it and just going through the motions, it’s not the thing for you. You have to really buy into the process and buy into the work, and that means 6 a.m. lifts and 9 p.m. study halls aren’t easy if you don’t love what you’re doing. I learned how much I love the sport and continue doing this.”

Reaction Score
Good stuff guys... Hope Dunn pans.. ends up as one of those PWO that earns his way into a major role and does great things for us...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
TX WR has a UConn offer....we did not make his Top 8 announced 8/11 which had: Boise St., Ole Miss, Cincy, Hawaii, NW, Arkansas St, Army and Air Force.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
247 starting to roll out grade updates. Modeste has been trimmed (classic 247 to trim kids without a zillion P5 offers) and it looks like Bell might be tagged a three star (score hasnt dropped, but sorting feature seems to project three star...)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Today’s the day the NCAA is supposed to officially rule to grant an extra year of eligibility to all fall athletes and expanded rosters for 2021.

On Twitter are coaches are mostly finding new 2022 and 2023 guys to follow. Wonder if this ruling today puts us back in the game for 2021 kids as adding more without the official word on relief would have created a dynamic forcing more kids than usual to exit next spring to make room.

And HS football is actually a possibility in many states this fall- we always do well finding late bloomers. Maybe we keep our powder dry to find that extra WR and LB after some HS snaps. I’m sure whatever HS football there is will be spotty/ disjointed.

Reaction Score
Congrats to the young man. Honestly, I like what we've got put together for our WR corp so far. We may need another WR with more size that can make plays in the red zone at this point. Which means we've got other pressing needs to fill ( LB in particular... need more guys that can scrape and slice throught the mess and make tackles)

Reaction Score

Idris Lawrence is a 5-10 180lb RB from Pickerington North High School in Pickerington Ohio. Other offers from Buffalo, CMU, ECU, Findlay, Murray State, Notre Dame College, Northern Illinois, Tiffin, UMass and WKU.

Highlights

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom