OT: - 2021 Open Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 Open Championship

Reaction Score
My wife and I always do the Millionaire Maker with another couple on DraftKings for the big tournaments and have side bets on who has the highest score.. We always laugh at the women finishing in last every time, my wife is currently in the top 1,000 and winning almost $100 :(

Reaction Score
South Africans tearing it up it seems. Any idea where the cut line is expected to fall?

They are as are the Longhorns huh?

There are now some very big names within 5-6 so they will still need Louie to have one even level round if he keeps pushing 3-5 under on the weekend indeed it’s his more than likely. But again, closing and the finish line is never easy. Should be a fun weekend!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
DJ working his way up the leader board, he was second the last time the Open was here, he is looking for redemption.

Reaction Score
NBC continues to bring down the quality of the broadcast by having way too many commercials. The "Playing Through" commercial spot came on less than 10 minutes after the last full screen commercial break. In short, their coverage sux.

Reaction Score
NBC continues to bring down the quality of the broadcast by having way too many commercials. The "Playing Through" commercial spot came on less than 10 minutes after the last full screen commercial break. In short, their coverage sux.
I’ve been watching the Sky feed and it is so immeasurably better.

Reaction Score
Speith on a roll; Morikowa fading; Rahm up & down; and Louie steady Eddie....

Reaction Score
Tomorrow should be interesting. Allowing the greens to dryout and become hard and fast is the only defense. If you are not a great putter, you have no chance.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Speith on a roll; Morikowa fading; Rahm up & down; and Louie steady Eddie....

50% on that one.

I said Louie earlier in this thread and it's still his to lose. It will end up being a helluva a roller coaster ride if any one other than Louie or Morikawa win tomorrow.

Reaction Score
50% on that one.

I said Louie earlier in this thread and it's still his to lose. It will end up being a helluva a roller coaster ride if any one other than Louie or Morikawa win tomorrow.
My post was in the latter stages of the front 9 and that all changed at the turn... Speith stumbled on the last 2 holes; Morikowa came on strong; Rham steadied himself; and, Louie played better than on the front. I think it will be a very tight finish just like in the US Open....put on the seat belts!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Louis -12
Morikawa -11
Spieth -9
Scheffler and Connors -8

I think that's it for tomorrow. Even the -7's have work to do.

I'm sticking with my Louis prediction.

Low round of the week is a 64. Today had one player hit 65 and four others shoot 66.

Gotta figure tomorrow's set up will be at least as tough as today.

I would be ecstatic tomorrow sitting in the clubhouse at -14 and probably very happy at -13.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Louis -12
Morikawa -11
Spieth -9
Scheffler and Connors -8

I think that's it for tomorrow. Even the -7's have work to do.

I'm sticking with my Louis prediction.

Low round of the week is a 64. Today had one player hit 65 and four others shoot 66.

Gotta figure tomorrow's set up will be at least as tough as today.

I would be ecstatic tomorrow sitting in the clubhouse at -14 and probably very happy at -13.
I think the pin placements will be easier, but the ground will be firmer, so the greens will be faster.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think the pin placements will be easier, but the ground will be firmer, so the greens will be faster.

I have no idea about pin placements for tomorrow. Heard Rahm mention today's were some of the toughest he has ever seen. That's why I used a more generic "set up". You can make pins easier but firm up the greens and end up with same result.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have no idea about pin placements for tomorrow. Heard Rahm mention today's were some of the toughest he has ever seen. That's why I used a more generic "set up". You can make pins easier but firm up the greens and end up with same result.
In addition to Rahm, one or more of the announcers mentioned the pin placements today were the toughest of the four days. It sounds like common sense, but I'd agree with u/Jaker that the hot putter among the top 4-5 will likely win. And Louie has been leaving himself a lot of 3-4 foot testers, so I can see him getting another bridesmaid trophy. But I hope he does hold on.

Reaction Score
Yep! pulling for Louie, 6 2nd place finishes and not because he lost it, someone like Rahm and Bubba just won it at the end with great shots. I hope he hangs on.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In addition to Rahm, one or more of the announcers mentioned the pin placements today were the toughest of the four days. It sounds like common sense, but I'd agree with u/Jaker that the hot putter among the top 4-5 will likely win. And Louie has been leaving himself a lot of 3-4 foot testers, so I can see him getting another bridesmaid trophy. But I hope he does hold on.

Yeah, Louis has been stout with those knee knocker putts. Really like his hand action to get set before he starts his putt swing. Compare that to Jordan who gets real wristy on the short ones. Louis's driver and long irons abandoned him on Back 9 at Torrey Pines and he started getting loose today on the back 9 again. Really pulling for him.

Spieth's driving has been on point all week. I was as down on Spieth as anyone past few years because he had the two way miss off the tee. Looks like he has eliminated the snap hook.

Right before Traveler's in 2020 I said if I were a bettor I'd put money on Morikawa every week for the rest of my life because he is a machine hitting irons the right distance with the right loft and right spin. He promptly missed his first cut as a pro that week at Cromwell.

I also said earlier this year I thought Scheffler would win a major before Schauffelle.

Long story short, this is a great leaderboard for someone like me. Like the styles of the players and like how their games are functioning. Also love how the big bombers have been neutered on this course.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Obviously Louis has to back up a little for for Rahm and maybe even Spieth to have a chance. So kind of a two horse race unless they leaders just blow up. I don't see anyone going any more than 4 under in the last several groups with the pressure and par may be a good score for the last 2 groups. 60% chance Louis wins, 25% chance for Colin, 10% for Spieth, and 5% chance for anyone else posting a ridiculous number and waiting it out.

Reaction Score
So Bryson will be on our Olympic golf team?? What other players have committed? 3 correct?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Question from left-center field:

When I see/hear Oosthuizen's name I am reminded of a player whose name was pronounced OO-ster-how-zen.

Now realizing it's the same guy?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

When I see/hear Oosthuizen's name I am reminded of a player whose name was pronounced OO-ster-how-zen.

YOu may be thinking of Peter Oosterhuis. Played in the 1970's and had some success.

He's significantly older but did a bunch of announcing, so you may be familiar with the name from that timeframe.

Reaction Score

I believe he’s Oost-Hi-Zen but have heard different pronunciations. You watch a lot of golf obviously Dove to mix up Louie and Oosterhuis. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom