2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
Don Brown was the guy we should have hired when we got P. Now he is a little long in the tooth at 66. But i love his defenses. Yeah we got burned against Western Michigan, but we also shutdown Teddy Bridgewater and Louisville. Loved his defenses.

Ain't this the truth:

This is the exact type of coach UMass desperately needs at this moment. They need someone who is going to look at the current roster, understand the strengths and weaknesses, and figure out a way to win in spite of those weaknesses.

Because, as I’ve said time and again on this blog and elsewhere, that’s the true mark of creativity. Not intelligence or contrarian jolts of wisdom. It’s about finding a way to achieve your goals no matter what obstacles are in the way, and the unintended liberations that come with that determination

Reaction Score
Frost staying at NE but with “restructured” contract.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Frost staying at NE but with “restructured” contract.
Mrw GIF

Reaction Score
there are very few things Mark Blaudschun has written that I have agreed with in 20 years of reading him. At best, he knows something or someone is whispering in his ear. I repeat - as IT IS LIKE CHURCH MUSIC - no school is going to do away with football after such a huge investment. UMASS has ante' up. Maybe the OLine coach is the right guy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
what says anybody on Todd Grantham coming to Storrs???? Or Madison CT native coming to Storrs as OL coach?
Career assistant never really moving up the ladder. Hard pass.

Edit: You meant OL coach. Never come here for the amount of money we will be paying for that spot. Looks like a guy who gets hired on connections more than talent.

Reaction Score

-> Connecticut - Athletic director David Benedict has been busy vetting candidates since parting ways with Randy Edsall in early September. This week should indicate whether Benedict attempts to hire someone who can arrive soon and build for a few weeks toward the early Signing Day or waits toward the end of the season. Names to watch: Holy Cross HC Bob Chesney, Minnesota co-DC Joe Harasymiak, Oregon OC Joe Moorhead and Dolphins assistant Anthony Campanile. <-

Reaction Score

-> Connecticut - Athletic director David Benedict has been busy vetting candidates since parting ways with Randy Edsall in early September. This week should indicate whether Benedict attempts to hire someone who can arrive soon and build for a few weeks toward the early Signing Day or waits toward the end of the season. Names to watch: Holy Cross HC Bob Chesney, Minnesota co-DC Joe Harasymiak, Oregon OC Joe Moorhead and Dolphins assistant Anthony Campanile. <-

This is the news I've been waiting for. Moorhead should be the top choice. He would already have the players to install his offense immediately and it would be light and day difference (see Mazzone's offense the 2 weeks he was here). Of the rest I think Harasymiak and Chesney are on the same footing and both would be a good hire. Don't know how I feel about Campanile. If we were going that route why not try to get Bill O'Brien. That dude knows qb's and made Penn State respectable again.

Reaction Score

Moorhead is a name to watch out for… hmmm this writer must be delusional because UConn is small time :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Moorhead is a name to watch out for… hmmm this writer must be delusional because UConn is small time :rolleyes:
Not like Moorhead has a history at UConn or having success at three separate schools in the northeast, one of which he was HC at.

Reaction Score
I like the proven head coaches and I think that’s the way Dave will lean here. Campanile seems risky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom