2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44

Reaction Score
Okay - is it me or is this a head scratcher to others?

I'm interested in hearing others thoughts as to whether they should be ahead of teams like Arizona and UCLA.

Reaction Score
Ohio State consistently gets ranked higher than they should be in the preseason likely due to the name brand that the school has. I don’t expect them to perform up to this expectation, especially without Dorka.

Reaction Score

I'm interested in hearing others thoughts as to whether they should be ahead of teams like Arizona and UCLA.
Sure why not? We will find out when tOSU travels to Pauley to play UCLA Dec 19th.

Reaction Score

SEC (9) -- 44 MsSt, 36 Miss, 31 Ga , 29 Ark, 24 LSU,
.. ... ... 20 TAMU, 16 Tenn, ?? Ky , ?? SC

ACC (7) -- 39 Duke, 26 VaT , 23 ND , 21 GaT , 19 FSU, ?? Lou, ?? NCSt
PAC (7) -- 43 Col , 40 AzSt, 22 Ariz, 18 OrSt, 17 UCLA, ?? Ore, ?? Stan
BiG (7) -- 37 MichSt, 35 NW, 14 OhSt, ?? Mich, ?? Indi, ?? Iowa, ?? Md
B12 (5) -- 41 OkSt, 34 Tex , 15 WVa , ?? IaSt, ?? Bay
BgE (3) -- 42 Marq, 28 DeP , ?? UConn
WCC (2) -- 38 Gonz, 32 BYU
Oth (4) -- 33 FGCU, 30 MoSt, 27 USF, 25 SoDak

Reaction Score

I didn't note it in my post but head scratcher might be an understatement. The backcourt is above average but the frontcourt will get destroyed by the like of Hillman, Czinano and Reese/Collins.

Reaction Score
Sure why not? We will find out when tOSU travels to Pauley to play UCLA Dec 19th.
Yes we will. For a team that was up and down last season, I'm confused.

Comparing their rosters, it seems that UCLA would have the advantage with transfers and new recruits. You could possibly say the same for Arizona to an extent. I didn't think they added that much to their roster that would explain this ranking.

Reaction Score
I didn't note it in my post but head scratcher might be an understatement. The backcourt is above average but the frontcourt will get destroyed by the like of Hillman, Czinano and Reese/Collins.
Thanks for the feedback. I know I had enough coffee this morning when I read it. Just had to be sure. ;)

Reaction Score
Yes we will. For a team that was up and down last season, I'm confused.

Comparing their rosters, it seems that UCLA would have the advantage with transfers and new recruits. You could possibly say the same for Arizona to an extent. I didn't think they added that much to their roster that would explain this ranking.

Charlie Creme agrees with you…. though the AP Poll voters also rank tOSU ahead of UCLA and Arizona.

Reaction Score

Charlie Creme agrees with you…. though the AP Poll voters also rank tOSU ahead of UCLA and Arizona.
That's the fun about polls. Lots of different opinions for interesting debates.

Can the season just start already? I need to have 10 TV screens, mind you, but damn, let's see some college ball!

Reaction Score
That's the fun about polls. Lots of different opinions for interesting debates.

Can the season just start already? I need to have 10 TV screens, mind you, but damn, let's see some college ball!
With UConn, South Carolina and Stanford you can make a case for each of them being #1 in the country. It will be fun watching how thing shakes out during the season.

Reaction Score
I think Iowa and Michigan will be better than Oregon. Excited for the season to start

I would have had then reversed. (Or just switch Iowa and Oregon).

Oregon is the dark horse to me this season. If PaoPao is healthy for a full season, their guard play will be unreal. Add in their transfers like Rogers, it's an interesting squad.

Personally, Iowa, Michigan and Oregon are interchangeable. Iowa may have questions about depth due to key season ending injuries. But when you have Clarke and Czniano, that makes up for a lot.

Michigan should be better this year with more height back on the roster. I'm just not sure about their guard play. Dilk struggled here and there, and wasn't with the team during their run in the tournament. Her play will be important this season to help with Brown and Hillmon.

Reaction Score
“Oregon is the dark horse to me this season. If PaoPao is healthy for a full season, their guard play will be unreal. Add in their transfers like Rogers, it's an interesting squad.”

I have no problem with shuffling these three teams in any order.
Oregon was a sweet 16 team last year and I believe much improved at guard. Front line size and skill is impressive and a lot for most teams to handle. The key to overall success to me resides in improved shooting from last years 35% 3 point and 44.7 % overall.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Iowa has to prove they can play more consistent defense before we deserve a top 10 ranking. I say this as an Iowa fan.

Then again, every team has something to prove. That's why we play the games and not crown champions based on preseason clickbait. ;)

Reaction Score
Iowa has to prove they can play more consistent defense before we deserve a top 10 ranking. I say this as an Iowa fan.

Then again, every team has something to prove. That's why we play the games and not crown champions based on preseason clickbait. ;)
Instead we use the preseason clickbait for healthy debates while we "patiently" wait for the season to start.............................let the November countdown begin!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom