2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021-22 College Sports Madness Top 44

Reaction Score
So we've got 9 SEC, 7 PAC, 5 B12, 7 ACC, 3 BgE = 31 teams.
Who are the other 13?
Maybe 8 BiG + 5 others? Missouri St, Gonzaga, USF, UCF, FGCU?

Reaction Score
I think those are a solid guess, but I'd be surprised if Princeton is left off the list even if they didn't play last year -- but perhaps the fact that they didn't play will be held against them.

What is surprising for the Big East is that DePaul likely won't get a mention as Seton Hall and UConn are the other teams on the list. Strange times.

I'd say Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Indiana, and Northwestern merit a mention. I'd be surprised if Rutgers, Michigan State, and Ohio State all make it but knowing Ohio State's name brand, they'll make it on here regardless of whether they're supposed to be good. I don't see more than 6 BiG teams though.

I'd say Missouri State, Princeton, Gonzaga, Florida Gulf Coast, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Stephen F. Austin, UCF, and USF are all solidly Top 44 IMO.

I really wish that they would also use these previews to highlight some teams that had great years last year. For example, I'd rather have California Baptist and Idaho State mentioned in the Top 44 than Colorado, Oklahoma State, Ohio State or Duke. For instance, Denver University beat Colorado last year -- I'd like Idaho State's and Cal Baptist's chances against most of the teams named so far.

Reaction Score
If Duke is considered #7 then I wonder who got left off ? FSU? NC? ND? Louisville,NCS,VT,GT are definitely on the list.

Reaction Score
I think those are a solid guess, but I'd be surprised if Princeton is left off the list even if they didn't play last year -- but perhaps the fact that they didn't play will be held against them.

What is surprising for the Big East is that DePaul likely won't get a mention as Seton Hall and UConn are the other teams on the list. Strange times.

I'd say Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Indiana, and Northwestern merit a mention. I'd be surprised if Rutgers, Michigan State, and Ohio State all make it but knowing Ohio State's name brand, they'll make it on here regardless of whether they're supposed to be good. I don't see more than 6 BiG teams though.

I'd say Missouri State, Princeton, Gonzaga, Florida Gulf Coast, South Dakota, South Dakota State, Stephen F. Austin, UCF, and USF are all solidly Top 44 IMO.

I really wish that they would also use these previews to highlight some teams that had great years last year. For example, I'd rather have California Baptist and Idaho State mentioned in the Top 44 than Colorado, Oklahoma State, Ohio State or Duke. For instance, Denver University beat Colorado last year -- I'd like Idaho State's and Cal Baptist's chances against most of the teams named so far.

This is an interesting point. Ohio State didn't play in the tournament and kind of ran out of gas at the end of the season. Rutgers is pretty much a new team with graduates and transfers. Haven't heard much during the off-season about either program.

Michigan State is another one I'm trying to figure out. They had players transfer out, but they have 5 freshman and a transfer from Purdue coming in. The freshman class includes Hagemann, from Detroit Edison who comes as an ESPN ranked G. I don't think I've seen much said about her in the BY though and I'm not sure why. Also have a couple international players, Alexander from Canada and Ekh from Sweden.

Reaction Score
I have feelings about Gonzaga at 38, and I’m not sure if they’re brilliant. This is definitely a rebuild for Fortier and her staff after the departure of the Wirth twins and Townsend. It’ll be curious to see how things play out, but I’m not the most optimistic. There’s better teams out there than Gonzaga.

Reaction Score
SEC (9) -- 44 MsSt, 36 Miss, 31 Ga, 29 Ark
. So Car, Tenn, TAMU, Ky / LSU?
ACC (7) -- 39 Duke, 26 VaT
. NCSt, Lou, GaT / ND, UNC?
PAC (7) -- 43 Col, 40 AzSt
. Stan, Ore, UCLA, Ariz / OreSt?
BiG (7) -- 37 MichSt, 35 NWern
. Md, Iowa, Mich, Indi / RU ?
B12 (5) -- 41 OkSt, 34 Tex
. Bay, IaSt / WV ?
BgE (3) -- 42 Marq, 28 DeP
. UConn
WCC (2) -- 38 Gonz, 32 BYU
Oth (4) -- 33 FGCU, 30 MoSt, 27 USF, 25 SoDak

(to the left of the "/" are sure things)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ole Miss ahead of Miss State... oh how the (once) mighty have fallen.

Okay, Michigan State ahead of Gonzaga? Didn't expect that. I know Gonzaga lost some players but I thought they'd be ranked than Mich State.

I didn't realize Michigan State returned all of their starters. Then again, I rarely pay any attention to the Spartans.

Reaction Score
Uh, that Michigan State schedule sure smacks of pastries.

Reaction Score
Uh, that Michigan State schedule sure smacks of pastries.
Yeah, it's underwhelming with the exception of FGCU, West Virginia and Notre Dame. At the same time, is this team ready/able to play a heavier out of conference schedule?

Reaction Score
SEC (9) -- 44 MissSt, 36 OleMiss
. So Car, Ga, Tenn, TAMU, Ky / Ark, LSU?
ACC (7) -- 39 Duke
. NCSt, Lou, GaT / VT, ND, UNC?
PAC (7) -- 43 Col, 40 AzSt
. Stan, Ore, UCLA, Ariz / OreSt?
BiG (7) -- 37 MichSt, 35 NWern
. Md, Iowa, Mich, Indi / RU ?
B12 (5) -- 41 OkSt, 34 Tex
. Bay, IaSt / WV ?
BgE (3) -- 42 Marq
. UConn / DeP?
Oth (6) -- 38 Gonz, 33 FGCU
. / MoSt, USF, UCF, Prin ?

(to the left of the "/" are sure things)
In Gonzaga’s profile, they’re listed as #2 in the WCC. That’ll probably make BYU as the #1 WCC team and one of the other 6.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom