2019 recruiting: Taelon Martin (PG - Springfield, MA) | The Boneyard

2019 recruiting: Taelon Martin (PG - Springfield, MA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This is from a few months ago:

The 247 rankings for 2019 just came out, and he's ranked 33rd.

I suspect we'll be on him from the beginning til the very end, regardless of what we sign PG-wise in 2018.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm not going to link to Zags on a matter of principle, but according to him Martin has offers from UMass and URI already.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

Looks like he may have visited this past week. @tcf15 or @husky99 or @Huskyforlife or @CGarr or @Zionn might have more info.

FWIW the kid grew 3 inches from the end of 8th grade to the start of his sophomore year. He's now 6-foot-3 and may still be growing.

EDIT: That said, just came upon this quote:

"Ohio State," Martin said with a laugh. "That's my dream school. I grew up watching Ohio State football. My uncle was a big football fan and he used to force me to watch when he came over to the house."

Reaction Score
I've actually seen a lot of buzz about him online. I think he becomes a top guard as his recruitment and he matures. Also, if you look at some video of him, he can play.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I've actually seen a lot of buzz about him online. I think he becomes a top guard as his recruitment and he matures. Also, if you look at some video of him, he can play.

Zags did an interview and they made reference to Taelon Martin as possibly being the best PG in his entire class, FWIW.

Reaction Score
He's visited a bunch of times with the Rivals crew. Vinny LOVES him:

The local mixtape guys LOVE him too.

I'm not going to link to Zags on a matter of principle, but according to him Martin has offers from UMass and URI already.

In defense of Zags, no one covers the tri-state (esp. NY/NJ) high school basketball better. 99% of the relevant Nick Richards content comes from Zags and who broke the Bamba/UConn visit news?

Yes, he over retweets his stories. Yes, he has clickbait/misleading headlines. Yes, he fawns over Calipari. But his business is getting clicks. He's trying to make a living giving free high school basketball news. Not easy.

He doesn't charge a subscription with ESPN, Yahoo, Fox, or CBS backing him. All he has is SNY (a big backer of UConn) supporting him.

Just my opinion but SUPORT the free content providers otherwise the absolute rip off pay sites gain more power.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
This kid is a stud. He and Chol Marial are my favorite 2 players we're after (love Antoine as 2019's Hami too but we have little shot at he or Lewis).

Reaction Score
I've never seen this kid play, but some guys on the aau circuit have been absolutely raving about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom