2016 Natalie Chou Going to Baylor | The Boneyard

2016 Natalie Chou Going to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Pickup for Baylor. Kim's recruiting is telling Texas, we aren't ready to give up being the Best Team in the Big 12. Battles should be interesting over the next few year.

Natalie Chou ‏@NatalieChou1 24m24 minutes ago
I would like to thank all the programs that have recruited me! I'm happy to say that Im going to Baylor University for the next 4 year

Reaction Score
So based upon the endless whining and moaning that "UConn wins all the time because Geno gets all the best kids," I guess we can now expect Mulkey to win at least 4 or 5 National Championships in the coming decade. Yeah, right!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So based upon the endless whining and moaning that "UConn wins all the time because Geno gets all the best kids," I guess we can now expect Mulkey to win at least 4 or 5 National Championships in the coming decade. Yeah, right!
Baylor teams typically come ready to play vs UConn. Wish I could say the same for my squad :(

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
cockhrnleghrn said:
Baylor is tearing it up on the recruiting trail; of course only 5 can play at a time. If you end up with 10 top 20 players then some are going to be upset at a lack of playing time. I don't think chemistry can be overstated.

Bingo!!

Wasn't Imani Wright and Iesha Small good recruits as well.

Hard to keep everyone happy

Reaction Score
Have you ever opened up a new jigsaw puzzle? All the pieces are there. Now the trick is putting it all together in time (4yrs) to make a beautiful NC picture.
But at least it seems like all the pieces are in the box down in Waco.
But what happens when you lose pieces?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Happy to see Kim keeping some Texas talent in-state. It will be interesting to see which 2017 players commit to Baylor. These were two that I felt good about all along.

I believe that the FF will be held in Dallas when Jones and Davis are seniors and Chou and Cox are freshman. Would be great to send the seniors out with a NC.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Baylor is tearing it up on the recruiting trail; of course only 5 can play at a time. If you end up with 10 top 20 players then some are going to be upset at a lack of playing time. I don't think chemistry can be overstated.
Good call. Just like when Pat recruited the 6 pack and held Parker back til everybody committed then the 6 just about vanished and then what happened? Doty EDD and Maya committed to UConn. You got Brown and Monty and then bring in Cox. What message does that send? In any sport a bad attitude cant help the team. If a coach cant handle a bad attitude then you've got to let that player go. Baylor imo could have some very serious internal problems that we may never hear about. TAM and Texas may benefit from it if those kids still want to remain in Texas. I wish Kim luck but........

HGN

Reaction Score
But what happens when you lose pieces?
Kim's trying to double up everywhere for insurance.....But you make a good point.
I like Kim and I think she's a good coach. Team could be a couple of years away. All the pieces are there on the table now I think. But she certainly might lose one or 2 as you said.

Reaction Score
The only Top 5 player they have is Cox (or I guess if you count transfer Alexis Jones).

UConn in the era has had Charles, Moore, KML, Stewert, Jefferson, Tuck, KLS, Collier (some services), plus throw in a bunch of Top 10-15 kids. Of course, you give credit to Geno and his staff for the job he does, but there is a huge difference from landing a Top 5 kid (or in UConn's case, multiple #1's) and top 20 kids.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Well.. you just never know.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Happy to see Kim keeping some Texas talent in-state. It will be interesting to see which 2017 players commit to Baylor. These were two that I felt good about all along.

I believe that the FF will be held in Dallas when Jones and Davis are seniors and Chou and Cox are freshman. Would be great to send the seniors out with a NC.

Good pickup! For some reason I've always liked Baylor.. I think it's because I really started following WCBB the year you guys won the title. I only followed the sport for the big games prior. I was a big fan of Griner and Sims.

Speaking of 2017, how much room will ya'll have for 2017? I imagine very little.. Baylor's roster is going to be SOLID next year.

Reaction Score
Anyone know who the last recruit was, that stated "playing time" was a factor in leaving? Why can't they just become an extremely deep team with no one leaving?

I would venture to guess that the lack of playing time is the most common reason for changing schools, whether the player states that or not (It seems they never do). Baylor may well become a team that's extremely deep with no one leaving but than they would be the exception rather the rule. Nowadays, players seem to be leaving their initial choice of schools at a higher frequency than ever before. Would you wager good money that everyone on Baylor's roster at the start of next year will finish their careers at Baylor ?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Exactly! I am willing to bet that it will be awfully hard to find enough PT to keep Mompremier, Cox, and Brown all happy.
I think those 3 players will be just fine with playing time. Now, current freshman, Justis Sczepanski-Beavers will most likely find it tough to get on the court unless she can play some small forward. Baylor fans already wondering why she didn't play in their exhibition/scrimmage, and if she is going to redshirt this season as she tries to develop an outside shot.

For 2017, will be interesting to see if elite front court players like Rellah Boothe and Jade Williams continue their current interest in Baylor and seriously consider joining a young and loaded frontcourt.

I think Chou could get lost in Baylor's backcourt depth if she can't play defense; will be difficult for her to guard the opposing team's shooting guard, so I'd guess she will be a situational player at best who comes in to try and use her perimeter shooting to bust a zone defense.

Last edited:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The only Top 5 player they have is Cox (or I guess if you count transfer Alexis Jones).

UConn in the era has had Charles, Moore, KML, Stewert, Jefferson, Tuck, KLS, Collier (some services), plus throw in a bunch of Top 10-15 kids. Of course, you give credit to Geno and his staff for the job he does, but there is a huge difference from landing a Top 5 kid (or in UConn's case, multiple #1's) and top 20 kids.
Oops, you forgot a couple iconic Baylor players within that time frame: Griner (#1 in 2009) and Sims (#3 in 2010). And of course Mulkey was able to get at least 1 NC from them, but your greater point is well-taken. No one recruits as successfully as UConn.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Yes, I know that I should have used "freshmen" instead of "freshman." I just re-read my post and cringed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good pickup! For some reason I've always liked Baylor.. I think it's because I really started following WCBB the year you guys won the title. I only followed the sport for the big games prior. I was a big fan of Griner and Sims.

Speaking of 2017, how much room will ya'll have for 2017? I imagine very little.. Baylor's roster is going to be SOLID next year.

Baylor will lose Cave, Davis, Jones and Prince, so there will be four scholarships for the 2017 class. Lots of good guards in Texas in that class.

They won't get upset about playing time if they are team players, like UCONN has year in and year out. It is possible to have team chemistry, even with an abundance of talent

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Baylor will lose Cave, Davis, Jones and Prince, so there will be four scholarships for the 2017 class. Lots of good guards in Texas in that class.

They won't get upset about playing time if they are team players, like UCONN has year in and year out. It is possible to have team chemistry, even with an abundance of talent

Absolutely; it's an amazing haul of talent. It will be difficult for Mulkey to keep them all happy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom