Wed., Dec. 2 Sacred Heart

Tues., Dec. 8 vs. Maryland (MSG)

Sat., Dec. 12 Ohio State

Sun., Dec. 20 UMass-Lowell

Wed., Dec. 23 Central Connecticut

Tues., Dec. 29 at Texas

Sat., Jan. 23 Georgetown

Reaction Score
Really like the marquee games on the schedule and we'll get a few more in Atlantis. CCSU and SHU don't make much sense though. Given the NEC is one of the worst conferences, those games will hurt our RPI no matter what. Would rather see us schedule those home games against schools from the Ivy or A10 if possible. Furman is a total headscratcher. Overall it looks pretty good though.

Reaction Score
Wonder what the Hartford vs Storrs breakdown will be?

Reaction Score
Those low RPI games are not good. If we are going to be playing NE schools I wouldn't mind seeing URI & UMass on there.
Gampel: Maine, UNH, Sacred Heart, OSU
XL: Furman, UMass-Lowell, CCSU, Georgetown

Hasn't been released but I'm pretty sure its that.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Man Georgetown is going to bring back some painful old BEast memories. I could get teary just thinking about it ...

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

I appreciate what they did w/ Battle 4 Atlantis, GTown, OSU & Maryland, but the rest is pretty weak & offsets the good. If we don't win 3 out of 6 of the big games it puts us in a tough spot again.

URI should be pretty decent this year and it would be nice to play a local school when they can actually help our RPI. CCSU, UM-Lowell, and Maine are not worth playing right now. I don't even get why Furman is on the schedule.

Reaction Score
I appreciate what they did w/ Battle 4 Atlantis, GTown, OSU & Maryland, but the rest is pretty weak & offsets the good. If we don't win 3 out of 6 of the big games it puts us in a tough spot again.

URI should be pretty decent this year and it would be nice to play a local school when they can actually help our RPI. CCSU, UM-Lowell, and Maine are not worth playing right now. I don't even get why Furman is on the schedule.
We should be alright, those are 4+ big time games and our conference will be much improved this year.

Reaction Score
Of all the nearly 400 D1 schools they play Furman?

Really odd schedule. Lots of top 30ish games and lots of 300+ games. How about pick some cupcakes from the 100-200 range?

Reaction Score
Those low RPI games are not good. If we are going to be playing NE schools I wouldn't mind seeing URI & UMass on there.

It seems so unbelievably obvious, I have no clue what the scheduler's are thinking. No 300 + RPI teams, its that simple. I don't care if they put URI or UMASS, I just want to see the scrubs being in the 150 range. I am definitely looking forward to the big games, though.

Reaction Score
2014-15 RPI:
Maine 338
UNH 194
Furman 292
Battle 4 Atlantis: Gonzaga(8), Texas(42), Syracuse(67), Texas A&M(68), Michigan(81), Washington(122), Charlotte(205)
SHU 244
Maryland 12
Ohio State 39
UMass-Lowell 264
CCSU 343
Texas 42
Georgetown 25

Reaction Score

We'll see the Blue Devils play in Bridgeport.

...the CCSU Blue Devils, that is. I'd bet CCSU will be in Bridgeport. In-state school and right near the holidays. They've booked Eastern Washington and Columbia in the past, so it's not like they book marquee teams for Bridgeport.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
It seems so unbelievably obvious, I have no clue what the scheduler's are thinking. No 300 + RPI teams, its that simple. I don't care if they put URI or UMASS, I just want to see the scrubs being in the 150 range. I am definitely looking forward to the big games, though.

Right. Based on our league we need to keep most of our OOC opponents under 200. Maybe you have wiggle room for 1 above that.

Reaction Score
We'll see the Blue Devils play in Bridgeport.

...the CCSU Blue Devils, that is. I'd bet CCSU will be in Bridgeport. In-state school and right near the holidays. They've booked Eastern Washington and Columbia in the past, so it's not like they book marquee teams for Bridgeport.
Good call. Completely forgot about the Bridgeport game.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
We should be alright, those are 4+ big time games and our conference will be much improved this year.

Even if the American is improved (and I really hope it is) still no excuse for 4 300+ games.

Reaction Score
Right. Based on our league we need to keep most of our OOC opponents under 200. Maybe you have wiggle room for 1 above that.
I think UConn wants to, but the other schools have to be open to it as well: http://fw.to/oUozm8I

McCarthy said UConn is open to playing New England teams like UMass, Rhode Island, Providence, Boston College and Harvard, though there is nothing yet in place.

But, what's most frustrating about the schedule, especially after reading the linked article, is that UConn has fully acknowledged the need to schedule up now that they are in the AAC. And while they have done a good job with that in recent years, they've seemed to completely ignore the fact that scheduling up should also apply to mid-majors as well. 1 or 2 300+ RPI games are fine, but 4 of those games on the schedule is very disappointing.

Last edited:

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Inyatkin said:
What's a Furman?

Good old , the Paladins... My sister and brother in-laws alma mater ... This should be fun

Reaction Score
Warde gonna Warde

The top half is obviously tremendous but how the does Warde let the quality fall SO low for the rest of the schedule. Schedule somebody from MWC or MVC. There are conferences on the up that would be fun to play not these absolute dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom