2014 McDonald's All-Americans named today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2014 McDonald's All-Americans named today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
However there is something to be said about only 1 team since they started the McD's All American has won the NCAA title without one...does this jinx us...I think not!

Purvis officially joins next season. . . We'll have a McD's All American as well as 5-Star, 6'6" guard with a chip on his shoulder. . .

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I guess they needed to free up another spot for Duke or Kentucky.;)

Reaction Score
If you think Goodman hates the huskies now just wait till DHam gets here. That dude has a personal vendetta against that whole family

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
daniel hamilton ‏@Dham_547s
lol it's good y'all everybody that know me know I been the underdog my whole life it's just fuel to the fire
Very mature and I think we can all understand if Daniel Hamilton is upset. Its things like this in life that shape you into a bigger and better person if you can use it as an inspiration to be better than those who receive things that should be yours. Welcome to the UCONN family and you show them on the court and in the classroom. An All American in college is even better!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What a shocker! 4 Puke, 4 KenSucky, 3 UNC, 2 Kansas, 2 UCLA... These schools never get recruits on the All American team.

And those unsigned, are considering some of these schools...

It's not always how good you are, it's more about who you sign with... And If Hamilton signed with any of these schools, he would have been on the team.

http://epkzone.com/2014allamericangames/media/2014_MCDAAG_Final_Team_Roster.pdf
Puke = where AAs go to sit on a bench or play 4 years and go home

Reaction Score
Ever since Bynum surprise pick and eventual turn pro early i don't mind the snubs one bit.

Reaction Score
yup, uconn has never had an McD's AA, not only does ESPN have a complete anti-uconn agenda but so do the people who pick these rosters. In fact, I heard McDonald's CEO hates huskies and made a personal call to organizers of the game to make sure no player whom is committed to Uconn is chosen...
No one should eat at McDonalds. I haven't eaten there in years. I had to go to FF rehab though ,talk about addictive.
UDub had a McD's and some here don't even count that as a quality road win.

Reaction Score
college-basketball-recruiting.jpg
....maybe he's better off, wtf goes on there.

Reaction Score
Sucks for DHam and any potential pub UConn would have received for it. But to be perfectly honest I've thought for the past couple of years the Jordan game has done the better job with collection/selection of talent. Just doesn't have as much name recognition.

Jordan brand can pull 5th year guys who aren't eligible for McD's making a bigger and better talent pool. Don't think there is a chance DHam gets snubbed there

Reaction Score
As much as I enjoy watching future UConn players compete in the McDonald's All American game, I like getting hungry talented players bent on proving doubters wrong.

Reaction Score
sucks that he didn't get the vote, but in the big scheme of things it is meaningless... there is not some sort of anti-uconn bias with this game. we generally get the "on the cusp" guy (ranked 15-20) and sometimes they get chosen, sometimes they don't.

Reaction Score
While I agree with boog if you look at the opposite end of the spectrum it does mean something if you commit to UNC, Duke, Kentucky or Kansas……….we've seen that for a long time. Good news there is these guys thing they're excellent then Roy and K ruin their careers and the Kentucky guys play for the NBA and not with each other…….KU/Self does it okay but the others, let them have the McD AA's our teams always end up better! When's the last time Duke or Kentucky beat us?;)

Reaction Score
Would have been nice for DH and some pub for the huskies. It is crazy though not being picked.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Not Blackmon and Allen. Allen torched DHam at the City of Palms for 31. DHam had a double double but only 15pts / 10 assists.

I was just looking through the West roster and trying to figure out who DHam should have been taken over on that roster, and of those players that are listed above, I agree that the only one that IMO should be on there over DHam is Allen.

Reaction Score
To be fair the sf position is loaded on both squads. Even looking at the sg's you could really only have issue with blackmon on the east, and booker and allen on the west

Reaction Score
I was just looking through the West roster and trying to figure out who DHam should have been taken over on that roster, and of those players that are listed above, I agree that the only one that IMO should be on there over DHam is Allen.
Allen plays in and is from FL, wtf is he doing on a "West" roster? Seems like he was forced on there. I also have to cosign @BeanTownBob with his comments regarding the Jordan Brand Classic picking better rosters. Tyler Ennis was an obvious snub in last year's MCDAA game but he was on the Jordan roster, seems to be less politics in play with that game.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Allen plays in and is from FL, wtf is he doing on a "West" roster? Seems like he was forced on there. I also have to cosign @BeanTownBob with his comments regarding the Jordan Brand Classic picking better rosters. Tyler Ennis was an obvious snub in last year's MCDAA game but he was on the Jordan roster, seems to be less politics in play with that game.

I agree with both of your comments. I wasn't trying to say that Allen should've been on the West roster. I just meant that he deserved to be an AA. I also agree that the Jordan roster seems to do a better job at picking the best talent in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom