2 Huskies Projected to go in 1st Rd by ESPN [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2 Huskies Projected to go in 1st Rd by ESPN [merged]

Reaction Score
Lou put in the work and it was just a matter of time. If Geno had said nothing...Lou was headed to the draft board.
So, are you saying Geno’s comment had nothing to do with it or that you don’t want it to have had anything to do with it?

Reaction Score
So, are you saying Geno’s comment had nothing to do with it or that you don’t want it to have had anything to do with it?
I'm saying his comment came after she performed at a high level. No competent talent scout was going to overlook her...again. Do you think this would not have happened if he said nothing?

Reaction Score
I was wondering where Lou would have been drafted if at all if she did not take the extra year to come to Uconn and try to go pro last year.

Reaction Score
I was wondering where Lou would have been drafted if at all if she did not take the extra year to come to Uconn and try to go pro last year.
I would think that there is a chance she would have been invited to some training camp as a free agent but her chances to stick would have been much diminished as compared to now where the whole country can actually see what an amazing player she is.

Reaction Score
I would think that there is a chance she would have been invited to some training camp as a free agent but her chances to stick would have been much diminished as compared to now where the whole country can actually see what an amazing player she is.

I think Lou has said she is a better player today having been at Uconn compared to the player she was last year.

Reaction Score
Some enterprising Pro scout would have found Lou. Just because she was in the MACC doesn't say anything about her talent. She
was a scoring machine, even at Fairfield. Her Uconn experience only allowed her to embellish. She did Uconn a favor. Her talent was revealed way before she enrolled at Uconn. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Auriemma does a great job of promoting his players in a semi low-key style. I love when he asks “who’s better?” and then shrugs.
Agree and would add that in addition to Geno personally promoting his players, the UConn schedule, as tough as it is, also is an asset to any Huskie who wants to get drafted. Teams like LSU may have a good record, but few go to these games, and therefore they don't receive anywhere near the publicity of a UConn.

Reaction Score
No way is a small forward who can’t shoot the three going to be the second pick. The bigger question, though, is how two top six teammates could be on a team that has lost nine games. There is zero chance this mock draft will be accurate.
Maybe the two is more the overall “team” and the coaching than the individual players’ talent. But I too wonder the same thing.

Reaction Score
I am not sure what we are debating here. I see a lot of people trying to make sense of Geno's comment after the Tennessee game. My take on his comment was that prior to this season, no one had Lou on their radar as a potential draft pick. Then this season happened, and she was supposed to play with Paige, and Azzi, and Caroline and be one of many players and then all hell happened. Lou went from being one of many to being the one of one.... That her play has elevated her from being not spoken about to be noticed around that nation as a truly amazing and talented player. Geno is excellent at promoting the stock of his players. People are paying attention to Lou now because Geno made a comment that no one would have, and now they all want to see WHY... and when they look and see why they see what she has done. 19 points against #1 South Carolina. 57 total threes this year, 401 points, 40 assists, 9 blocks... up to this point.... People who are sleeping on Lou need to wake up. Helps explain why South Carolina was man handling her and grabbing her and preventing her from playing the game of basketball...

Reaction Score
WNBA perhaps for prestige in the world of women's basketball. But the best American pros go overseas in the off-season, where the money is significantly better. Don't be shocked if our imports simply return to their homes for more money and respect.

Reaction Score
I think Dorka should go much higher, I would even say higher than the Tennessee players...

sun

Reaction Score
She had entered the transfer portal and said that she was contacted by other schools. She intended on playing her 5th year either at UConn or another school and not entering the draft.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Dorka should go much higher, I would even say higher than the Tennessee players...
I don’t see this happening. Dorka is skilled and a good player at 6-5 but Jackson and Horston have unique intangibles that give them better upside. Jackson is big for a wing and is great at attacking the basket and is a great athlete. Horston also has a unique skill set as a big guard who rebounds well, passes well and can score from all over. She also has a pro ready frame. I don’t think this is a very promising class overall but Jackson/Horston are 2 of the better prospects from a physical and potential standpoint.

Reaction Score
Not sure how it will go, but Lou LS should be a top 10 above Dorka Juhasz
This draft is open after A. Boston / H. Jones

Reaction Score
Droka should be in the top 5 list.
Lol Droka. Come on K. Not laughing at Dorka just your accidental misspelling of her name. Also I think the numbers are where the team will be picking. Maybe the top 5 picks don’t need a Dorka.

Reaction Score
I’m still not totally sold on Haley Jones at 2 in this draft. She does everything well but isn’t particularly stellar at anything and it’s tough to stick in the league without a true specialty unless you’re one of the elite all-around players (you know the kinds I’m talking about). I think Miller, Jackson, and Horston are all more athletic and more proven scorers. Jones is a great facilitator at the college level so she could certainly bring that to her pro game, but Stanford’s system is also designed to feature her quite a bit so I’m not sure how well that will translate if she becomes less ball-dominant. I’m also not convinced she’ll be able to score in the paint as freely as she does now. I am a fan of hers, just trying to give an objective assessment.

What do you think, @TheFarmFan? You’ve watched Jones her whole career, right?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I hope you all know this is ESPN's annual guessing game. Outside of Boston at #1, every other pick is a guess.

I do think both Dorka and Lou are first round picks. Where they go depends on what tgeams need vs what player is available.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom