2-3 zone | The Boneyard

2-3 zone

Reaction Score
Or learn how to beat it. I like that it gives a lesser team a weapon. It’s not like Cuse went undefeated this year.

the point is, it slows the game down and is brutal to watch, we want to see high scoring games!! LOL

Reaction Score
Shortened shot clock playing in favor of zone. Less time in each possession to work for a good shot. Lots of forced 3's at end of shot clock a result.

Reaction Score
the point is, it slows the game down and is brutal to watch, we want to see high scoring games!! LOL
I’m probably a dinosaur on this but the college rules give a better chance for teams like LOC and UMBC to compete. I love that. Those college players deserve it. I hadn’t watched much CBB this season with as bad as we were but I’ll totally into the NCAAs

Reaction Score
I’m probably a dinosaur on this but the college rules give a better chance for teams like LOC and UMBC to compete. I love that. Those college players deserve it. I hadn’t watched much CBB this season with as bad as we were but I’ll totally into the NCAAs

how many Non-Cuse fans do you think enjoyed watching that display of basketball?? If more and more teams start camping in the zone for the entire game it will kill the interest in college hoops.

Reaction Score
it's killing the college game, just brutal to watch. And now Dook camps in it as well. Time to adopt NBA rules.

Zone isn't illegal in the NBA anymore.

Reaction Score
how many Non-Cuse fans do you think enjoyed watching that display of basketball?? If more and more teams start camping in the zone for the entire game it will kill the interest in college hoops.
Nah what killed my interest was our team’s play this year

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
it's killing the college game, just brutal to watch. And now Dook camps in it as well. Time to adopt NBA rules.

Well Boeheim will retire or die soon enough and that'll take one of the prominent ones with it.

Also, with Pitino out, the 2-3 has one less proponent.

Reaction Score
Teams that face the zone in conference 2-3 times a year figure it out this the lass than .500 record in conference. They squeek into the tourney and the teams that don't face it are baffled. I think that is why Duke is doing the Boeheim zone now.

Reaction Score

You act like this is a new innovation

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Calhoun destroyed the 2-3 for over two decades. It's not difficult. Even Josh Boone could do it.*

*I kid, it was actually one of the best parts of Josh's game, playing the foul line to low post pass and dunk.

Reaction Score
Calhoun destroyed the 2-3 for over two decades. It's not difficult. Even Josh Boone could do it.*

*I kid, it was actually one of the best parts of Josh's game, playing the foul line to low post pass and dunk.
He only did it when he had players who could do it. I distinctly remember the pain of the 2006-07 team trying to crack that zone.

You can train a team to crack a zone, but when it's well done and you can't hit pin-point passes or make long shots, it's hard.

Reaction Score
You act like this is a new innovation

no, I posted this exact same thread 2 years ago and will continue to post it everytime Cuse makes a tourney run.

Reaction Score
Just playing devils advocate here. But wasn’t our philosophy of funneling unsuspecting or unfortunate players to the lane to get smeared by a monstrous shot blocker/alteration a bastardized version of a zone? Just waaaaayyyy SEXIER?!?

Reaction Score
If teams could use the high post more effectively it wouldnt be such an aspect. The main problem teams have is getting it in to the high post. Teams just need to adjust and make fast passes to get it to the 4 on the high post.

totally agree

Reaction Score

Did you see us camp in the 2-3 this year? Worked out great. Not as easy as it looks. I enjoy watching Syracuse play it’s zone.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The problem wasn't the Syracuse zone as much as it was Izzo's Spartans being spartan with their shot makes. They couldn't find water from a damn boat today. If they were hitting the occasional three, or some of the inside short jumpers, it would've forced Boeheim to adjust. But clanking shot after shot after open shot meant Boeheim could continue the zone and slow the game.

I personally think the colleges should be playing FIBA rules. But zones don't bother me much. There are ways to attack them, and MSU had some really nice high-low plays. Even as good as Syracuse is at playing the 2-3, MSU got plenty of open shots. They just couldn't make any of them.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
If teams could use the high post more effectively it wouldnt be such an aspect. The main problem teams have is getting it in to the high post. Teams just need to adjust and make fast passes to get it to the 4 on the high post.
And if that four is a guy like Daniels, or Durham as he showed briefly, and can knock down the foul line jumper, the entire paint opens up. The hard part is having guards that can get the ball to the foul line guy, and then having a guy who can catch and either shoot or find the open guy on the wing or down low.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom