+18.5 | The Boneyard

+18.5

Reaction Score
Is that the largest this season? Until Cincy’s recent skid I thought it might end up over 20.

Reaction Score
If we won. We would not see this as that much of an upset would we?but more of an act of God, and realignment of the universe, right?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I'd still take Cinci with that spread, sadly.

How the mighty have fallen.

Reaction Score
If we compete seriously in this game it will be the shock of the year. They’d probably beat us 4 on 5.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
this has the makings of an ugly low scoring game. mick is so dumb that he thinks our problem is defense so they will play even harder on that end. i'm thinking something like 61-41. eye gouging stuff.

Reaction Score
this has the makings of an ugly low scoring game. mick is so dumb that he thinks our problem is defense so they will play even harder on that end. i'm thinking something like 61-41. eye gouging stuff.

Defense seemed to be a problem against Wichita State, no?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
I mean maybe. They gave up 1.15 points per possession to a top 10 offense. Is that great? No. But with the talent on the roster they shouldn't be scoring 1.09 points per possession at home against a defense ranked 90th in KenPom.

He blamed the defense and toughness in the Houston game too. A game where we didn't make a field goal for the final 12 minutes. He pisses me off so much lmao.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Witchita State can make any defense look mediocre. Those boys know how to exploit whatever the team they are facing weaknesses. Very disciplined.
Marshall a great coach. Thats what 3-4 year players who fit together like puzzle pieces buying into a system looks like. They will dip a bit next year they are losing a ton of that experience, but Marshall good enough to keep them in the hunt for a tourney berth next year at least. This year I think they have a much better shot than Cincinnati at going deeper in the tourney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Espn power index gives UConn a 1.3% chance of winning. So sad it's funny...kinda.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Witchita State can make any defense look mediocre. Those boys know how to exploit whatever the team they are facing weaknesses. Very disciplined.
Marshall a great coach. Thats what 3-4 year players who fit together like puzzle pieces buying into a system looks like. They will dip a bit next year they are losing a ton of that experience, but Marshall good enough to keep them in the hunt for a tourney berth next year at least. This year I think they have a much better shot than Cincinnati at going deeper in the tourney.

It really highlights everything that is wrong with how UConn plays. WSU plays as a team, executes the system, and the system is flexible enough to adapt to whatever the other team does.

UConn on the other hand, runs what I call the "I have Michael Jordan and you don't offense". One player must beat his man, thus creating a theoretical mismatch as the defense adjusts. Of course it only works, if (a) the player can beat his man (b) the player can recognize the mismatch and exploit it by passing or shooting and (c) the other players also recognize the mismatch and move in ways that allow it to be exploited. Aside from those requirements, it essentially doesn't work against zone.

So naturally, UConn sees lots of Zone. And while Adams can occasionally accomplish (a), he only manages (b) much less often and (c) has happened maybe a half a dozen times all year. None of our other players can even accomplish (a) on a regular basis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom