13 Regular Season Games Left. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

13 Regular Season Games Left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
If everyone is healthy, I’ll say we run the table at home and have two losses on the road. Similar to last season, we have so many weapons that if someone has a dog poop night, there are several others who can step up.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Last night's defensive effort/offensive rebounding excellence changed how I would respond to this OP.

As long as we're healthy-- I see our floor for the rest of the regular season as 13-3.
Did you mean 10-3, and then 3 BE tourney wins?

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
So far looks like 16-4 or 15-5 are running neck to neck. I love our fan base. We have every reason to be saying things like we will run the table etc. But not our fan base we are realists and although we hate it when it happens these late season conference games are so difficult to call. Teams might be playing for their ncaa tourney lives and then you have to factor in the officiating. Last night was ok but that’s as good as it is going to get as far as officiating until the ncaa tourney. I could see us losing a close game due a bad call or just one night the officiating just taking us out of the entire game. Saturday will be interesting, the officials love Nova and the memory of the classy Jay Wright. I imagine we will be on the short end of the officiating stick in this game.

Reaction Score
So far looks like 16-4 or 15-5 are running neck to neck. I love our fan base. We have every reason to be saying things like we will run the table etc. But not our fan base we are realists and although we hate it when it happens these late season conference games are so difficult to call. Teams might be playing for their ncaa tourney lives and then you have to factor in the officiating. Last night was ok but that’s as good as it is going to get as far as officiating until the ncaa tourney. I could see us losing a close game due a bad call or just one night the officiating just taking us out of the entire game. Saturday will be interesting, the officials love Nova and the memory of the classy Jay Wright. I imagine we will be on the short end of the officiating stick in this game.
Yeah when I think about this board the first thing that comes to mind is how realistic posters are about things.

Reaction Score
If games are played like this past one, with fewer fouls committed (and fewer holds missed) and less of a wrestling match vibe - UCONN can win a lot more games. The games that will be crap shoots are the away rock fights against physical teams that don't get whistled when they hold our cutters all night. @ Providence, @ St Johns @ Nova (see exibit A @ Seton Hall)

Reaction Score

According to Torvik, 66% chance of ending with 14/15/16 wins, with 15 being the most common (25% chance).

The way this conference season has gone (and looking at the projected matrix), 14 wins likely has a chance to split the title, unless Seton Hall keeps it up to a Marquette-esque level from last season.

Nova @ only a 6% chance to win BE is wild to me. I don't think they will win the conference, but I think they have a chance.

Reaction Score
Nova @ only a 6% chance to win BE is wild to me. I don't think they will win the conference, but I think they have a chance.
Torvik really likes St. John's, so his model has Nova as the 5th best team in the BE and they're a game and a half behind Seton Hall also. A lot has to break their way.

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
Get by Nova and there is a great chance run the table if everyone stays healthy!

Reaction Score

According to Torvik, 66% chance of ending with 14/15/16 wins, with 15 being the most common (25% chance).

The way this conference season has gone (and looking at the projected matrix), 14 wins likely has a chance to split the title, unless Seton Hall keeps it up to a Marquette-esque level from last season.
77% chance of winning a share of the BE title. let's go.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well I decided to go find this. When I suggested 17-3 or 18-2. Hindsight is kind of like karma. 18-2 was not on many replies. Either was 17-3.

Reaction Score
Well I decided to go find this. When I suggested 17-3 or 18-2. Hindsight is kind of like karma. 18-2 was not on many replies. Either was 17-3.
Before the season we had one of those predict the records threads and someone said 18-2 or 17-3 in conference. I said no way, that the BE regular season champ wouldn't have more than 16 wins. So I'd like to go on record and apologize to those people and say I was wrrrrrrrrrrrrrong. :)

Reaction Score
I said I was "drinking the Kool-Aid" by predicting 17-3 in the BE with no home losses. Turns out I maybe wasn't being optimistic enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom