120 in the Final Ranking from The Athletic | The Boneyard

120 in the Final Ranking from The Athletic

Reaction Score
I’m not unappreciative of the 2022 season, but I think it led to some unrealistic expectations. Mora is a good football coach. He is not a magician. It is going to take time to get to where we want to be.

That's fair but it's also fair to say if Charlton's offense is as bad and predictable this upcoming season as it was last season Mora only has himself to blame....won't even blame Charlton going forward as we likely know what we have by now.... and we don't want post-game back pats for the two highest-scoring UConn games in the last decade.

Reaction Score
I’m not unappreciative of the 2022 season, but I think it led to some unrealistic expectations. Mora is a good football coach. He is not a magician. It is going to take time to get to where we want to be.
Whatever the unrealistic expectations were coming into Mora's reign, I think there were perfectly reasonable expectations that we should be better than 120 out of 132 after the second season. He had a great first year, and a very disappointing second year. I think everyone is still behind him -- I certainly am -- but if we're honest ....

Reaction Score
We ended up 127 out of 133 in final CBS Sports ranking. Second worst of the 3 win teams (UMass ended up 129). Better days are coming.

Reaction Score
It will be a different team next year. Mora’s team. Hopefully a much improved and successful team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's fair but it's also fair to say if Charlton's offense is as bad and predictable this upcoming season as it was last season Mora only has himself to blame....won't even blame Charlton going forward as we likely know what we have by now.... and we don't want post-game back pats for the two highest-scoring UConn games in the last decade.
Thinking about another season of Charlton's offense makes me sad.

Reaction Score
We ended up 127 out of 133 in final CBS Sports ranking. Second worst of the 3 win teams (UMass ended up 129). Better days are coming.
While I have been all over our teams performance I do not agree with that low of a ranking.

If you look back we barely lost to USF who blew Syracuse out of the water in a bowl game. We handiliy beat Fresno who went bowling and had a number of close games.

We were bad and you will get no argument here. But if you look at SOS and scores there is no way we 127/133, no way….. It is the Independent bias at work here - just like we saw most of the year w/ the officiating.

Reaction Score
We have a hard ceiling with Charlton as OC. Is what it is

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom