#12 Kentucky @ #25 Tennessee - 1/24/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#12 Kentucky @ #25 Tennessee - 1/24/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Not a great year for assimilating new players.
Correct although we should note some teams have done a surprisingly good job. Just looking at the rankings, #8 Maryland, #9 Texas A&M, #10 Arizona, #24 Iowa State doing good job assimilating either multiple transfers or freshmen. Edwards for Kentucky redshirted at UK so no surprise she looks good, that extra year helps

Reaction Score
What were they thinking? Why didn't they slap the interim label on her and wait and see what she could do this season?
How many coaches only get one year to prove themselves, a pandemic season at that?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How many coaches only get one year to prove themselves, a pandemic season at that?
But why sign a completely unproven coach for that long? Were they actually worried about someone else signing her?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Agreed. I hope she can start bringing in thr recruits that Warlick brought in. I think she’s proving that she can win and when you do that everything else will follow, especially with a brand like Tennessee.
There is a good four player class coming in next year. I want to see how good Miles is. As far as this team. I think you can see this team is better than last years team.

Reaction Score
What were they thinking? Why didn't they slap the interim label on her and wait and see what she could do this season?
They did name her interim. She won a few games. And they suddenly gave her a contract.

Reaction Score
Tenn would be a really good team if they had a competent point guard.

Kentucky looked disinterested today.
Maybe Kellie Harper could sneak back in to play point guard. She did pretty well with Chamique Holdsclaw.

I wonder how Kyra Elzy and Kellie Harper got along as teammates at Tennessee.

Reaction Score
But why sign a completely unproven coach for that long? Were they actually worried about someone else signing her?
I’ve asked the same thing about my team’s coach, but she had absolutely zero coaching experience at any level. I don’t know much about this coach. My point was the notion that any coach only getting one year to prove themself doesn’t seem very fair.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I’ve asked the same thing about my team’s coach, but she had absolutely zero coaching experience at any level. I don’t know much about this coach. My point was the notion that any coach only getting one year to prove themself doesn’t seem very fair.
I know I've seen other programs take advantage of an interim situation. Just seems like Kentucky rushed their decision.

Reaction Score
I know I've seen other programs take advantage of an interim situation. Just seems like Kentucky rushed their decision.
Kentucky could have just let this season play out, that is how interim positions usually go, and then hold a national search. Could still have hired Elzy but its a great job maybe a head coach with good experience and W/L record would have wanted in. It was just a quick hire from interim to full time, as quick as I've ever seen

Reaction Score
Kentucky could have just let this season play out, that is how interim positions usually go, and then hold a national search. Could still have hired Elzy but its a great job maybe a head coach with good experience and W/L record would have wanted in. It was just a quick hire from interim to full time, as quick as I've ever seen
Maybe Mitchell had a lot of input on the decision. Not going to respect his opinion?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe Mitchell had a lot of input on the decision. Not going to respect his opinion?
Coaches should stick to coaching, not hand picking their successors. I've seen that go disastrously several times.

Reaction Score
Reality is with this season and how the OOC schedule got dessimated, TN doing well is good for UConn from a ranking point of view.. . Pains me to think this way since it is TN....

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Agreed. I hope she can start bringing in thr recruits that Warlick brought in. I think she’s proving that she can win and when you do that everything else will follow, especially with a brand like Tennessee.
If she brings in the recruits Warlick brought in she will be investigated for recruiting violations. They have used up their eligibility.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If she brings in the recruits Warlick brought in she will be investigated for recruiting violations. They have used up their eligibility.:rolleyes:
Rolls Eyes Reaction GIF by moodman

Reaction Score
Not sure about NPOY given how many women are playing fantastic ball, but Boston has got to be the absolute favorite for SEC POY right now.
Would it look bad if she Won SECPOY and they gave NPOY to Rhyne Howard ? LOL Talk about conflict of interest !

Reaction Score
Would it look bad if she Won SECPOY and they gave NPOY to Rhyne Howard ? LOL Talk about conflict of interest !
Howard is the MOST talented and best player in women’s college basketball, but she nor Boston have had the best year. I’d go Dana Evans at this point in the season, do I think she’s best player? NO. Had she had the best year? Yes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom