#1 Auburn? | The Boneyard

#1 Auburn?

Reaction Score
Right now they sit at #4, behind Baylor, Gonzaga and UCLA. With Baylor losing, we’re about to see some changes in the poll.

In my opinion, Auburn is the most deserving team at this point to take over the top spot. Their only blemish is a 2OT loss to the good guys, and they had a huge win this week over #24 Alabama.

Here’s where the others stand at the moment:

- #1 Baylor lost their first game this week to #19 Texas Tech.

- #2 Gonzaga has two losses (#16 Alabama and #5 Duke).

- #3 UCLA has two losses (#1 Gonzaga, and N/R Oregon)

I would love to see Auburn sitting at #1for as long as possible. Reminds me of the feather we had in our caps from beating *Florida in 2013-2014 and watching them rise in the rankings.

*= refers to the first time we beat them that year

Reaction Score
Right now they sit at #4, behind Baylor, Gonzaga and UCLA. With Baylor losing, we’re about to see some changes in the poll.

In my opinion, Auburn is the most deserving team at this point to take over the top spot. Their only blemish is a 2OT loss to the good guys, and they had a huge win this week over #24 Alabama.

Here’s where the others stand at the moment:

- #1 Baylor lost their first game this week to #19 Texas Tech.

- #2 Gonzaga has two losses (#16 Alabama and #5 Duke).

- #3 UCLA has two losses (#1 Gonzaga, and N/R Oregon)

I would love to see Auburn sitting at #1for as long as possible. Reminds me of the feather we had in our caps from beating *Florida in 2013-2014 and watching them rise in the rankings.

*= refers to the first time we beat them that year
Speaking of the Florida team
When I was looking at the Israeli league where JA is . The Star of the perennial power team in that league ,Maccabee Tel Aviv, is none other than Scotty Wilbekin. The kid is making big Bucks . Maybe Bazz and RB should go to that league and give him nightmares.

Reaction Score
I keep hoping that this year mirrors that Florida year. Great game where the good guys pull one out. The rest of the year the other guys play better and seem like the better team, but when it all matters in the end, the cream rises to the top.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As much as Auburn has a nice team, I feel that both Baylor and the Zags beat them in a head to head and win any best of series. Alabama is not the strongest of teams and should have beaten Auburn at home if they brought their A game. I think LSU will beat them in conference

Reaction Score
ucla's second loss was last night so auburn is definitely jumping them. #5 USC also had their first loss this week.

1. zags
2. auburn
3. baylor
4. zona

Last edited:
Reaction Score
ucla's second loss was last night so auburn is definitely jumping them. #5 USC also had their first loss this week.

1. zags
2. auburn
3. baylor
4. zona
i was up late last night and watched that ucla game. listless performance. gross.

Reaction Score

1. zags
2. auburn
3. baylor
4. zona
I wish were top 4. :(

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
14 wins in a row! Most games aren’t close. That may be the single best win of the year and we did it on a neutral court.

Reaction Score
The 2. Auburn 12. Kentucky game has been pretty entertaining to watch! I’ll be pulling for ‘Burn obviously. They kinda remind me of UConn back when we were consistently disrupting the basketball world.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Auburn up 56 to 48

Reaction Score
this is the most locked in Kentucky team I’ve seen in a while, the transfer portal > bringing in the best hs kids

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I keep hoping that this year mirrors that Florida year. Great game where the good guys pull one out. The rest of the year the other guys play better and seem like the better team, but when it all matters in the end, the cream rises to the top.
We feel like we’re coming together at the right time of year. Not national championship better, but definitely better.

Reaction Score
That Auburn win is going to be like when the 2014 team beat Florida.

We were both ranked in the teens, actually slightly higher than them, and after beating them we went in completely opposite directions and they didn't lose again until the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Watching Kessler play I can’t help but envision that’s what an in shape Clingan is going to look like in a Husky uniform. Seems like they have fairly similar games and size. @husky429 any thoughts? You’ve watched Clingan pretty closely.

Reaction Score
Watching Kessler play I can’t help but envision that’s what an in shape Clingan is going to look like in a Husky uniform. Seems like they have fairly similar games and size. @husky429 any thoughts? You’ve watched Clingan pretty closely.
Kessler isn’t as big and is much more mobile

Reaction Score
Kessler isn’t as big and is much more mobile
He could be more mobile, Kessler was a 5⭐️ Coming out of HS. However, he’s listed at 7’1” and Clingan is 7’1” on his recruiting profile. Maybe Clingan grew and is 7’2” now, but if they were standing next to each other I don’t think you’d be able to tell the difference.

Reaction Score
Auburn and Arkansas in OT on ESPN2. 1 minute left. Arkansas may take them down here.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Notae is killing Auburn. And Kessler just fouled out. Looks like Auburn going down.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Look how great the Arkansas crowd is. They are loud and excited. Almost everyone is wearing white. That makes an impression. UConn's crowd tonight was weak. I know it's not the #1 team in the country coming to town but two ranked teams with UConn back in the Big East. Where's all the excitement and energy?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Pearl said in an interview last night that he felt his team was due for another loss or two and felt Arkansas could beat them tonight

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom