“The Jeff and Geno Show” | The Boneyard

“The Jeff and Geno Show”

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They’re good buddies even though Jeff’s not Italian. ;)

Courtesy of the UConn Blog

CDB3EDF9-92B3-4071-85B9-CC80C66E3A6F.jpeg

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
It’s his job to work the refs. I’m sure Geno doesn’t call it whining
Totally agree, I don't think I've ever watched a basketball or football game tht didn't have both coaches working the officials or ref, it's usually the coach that's losing that's working them the hardest.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
He does it to excess. I'm sure that most refs now regard whatever he says as white noise.
Depending on who the ref and coach is, sometimes the coach has/wants a technical. I've herd some coaches say thgs tht made me mute the tv because my youngest daughter was in the room, most coaches just follow the official, like a insect, quietly whispering select words abt his ancestry, thn there's some coaches tht actually need their associate coach to wrap them in a straight jacket and bring them back to the bench believe it or not I've actually seen this happen. It's their job to work the officials and they all do it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"His job to work the refs". So Geno is bad at his job? We all know that when Geno goes off he really goes off (get the straight jacket!), but he is not walking the sideline incessantly chattering like Jeff. I'm surprised some think his behavior is just fine.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
From my viewpoint at the game, the things that he was most heated about were very questionable calls
The problem, of course, is there are too any of those in almost every game it seems. But thanks for your observation. I appreciate it.

Reaction Score
"His job to work the refs". So Geno is bad at his job? We all know that when Geno goes off he really goes off (get the straight jacket!), but he is not walking the sideline incessantly chattering like Jeff. I'm surprised some think his behavior is just fine.
Geno's straight jacket is CD. Otherwise he would have at least twice as many Ts without her. BTW, with Geno a little calmer the last few years, CD might be getting rusty getting between Geno and the refs.

Reaction Score
Jeff is taking up the slack left when Harry (Perretta) retired!
Geno and Harry. That was a pair. Coach Bruno is in that same vibe. Those three had/have a solid bond.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom