YouTube may have just completely changed the college football economy | The Boneyard

YouTube may have just completely changed the college football economy

Reaction Score
YouTube may have just completely changed the college football economy - FootballScoop

>>The Internet’s official home for cat videos announced the creation of YouTubeTV, a streaming service includes nearly every channel on which college football is played — ABC, CBS, FOX, CBS, the ESPN family of networks, Fox Sports 1 and BTN. The best part for consumers? YouTube TV will cost only $35 a month, with personalization options for up to six members on each account.<<

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
They are missing BeIN Sports and local sports (SNY, YES, NESN) but they have everything else so that is a great start.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
$35 for YouTubeTV
$20 SlingTV
$10 Netflix
$10 Hulu
$10 Amazon Prime (prorated cost of annual membership)

$85 out the door for almost anything anyone could want. Between Netflix, Hulu and Amazon you can mix and match as desired and possibly change one out for HBO.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Still no CBS Sports Network... Its basically just another streaming service like Vue. Hulu is starting one too. DirecTV Now seems like the best one for me once they add Roku service.

It's still far cheaper than regular DirecTV or cable.

Reaction Score
Still no CBS Sports Network... Its basically just another streaming service like Vue. Hulu is starting one too. DirecTV Now seems like the best one for me once they add Roku service.

It's still far cheaper than regular DirecTV or cable.

I was reading about YouTube TV this morning, their channel lineup is impressive, heavy on sports networks. Right under ESPNU looks like CBS Sports Network is shown....If only one of these streaming providers would carry SNY....but I see it coming, then it would be awesome!

TC6LlZeU_nQ0oN2a2dznqa0_u9k4JXYG4TSKdV3I2WunsD31DMfQvbZTTB5vwCmI7fGrdw%3Ds2048.png

Reaction Score
I was reading about YouTube TV this morning, their channel lineup is impressive, heavy on sports networks. Right under ESPNU looks like CBS Sports Network is shown....If only one of these streaming providers would carry SNY....but I see it coming, then it would be awesome!

TC6LlZeU_nQ0oN2a2dznqa0_u9k4JXYG4TSKdV3I2WunsD31DMfQvbZTTB5vwCmI7fGrdw%3Ds2048.png
Only important ones missing are the Turner ones. TNT/TBS/TruTV for the NCAA tournament (and NBA if you care about that.)

Reaction Score
They seem to have the whole ESPN family...SEC channel and BTN and Fox....I suspect ESPN et al is getting paid for their content

Reaction Score
Only important ones missing are the Turner ones. TNT/TBS/TruTV for the NCAA tournament (and NBA if you care about that.)
Is Turner available on any other screaming service?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

Hehe.... it turns out I'm just blind!

If it does have CBS Sports Network I'm in. :)

Reaction Score

Then you may look into Sling TV. (I believe the channels below are in the lower tier of Sling TV), They have multiple packages. You can add another to the below package and expand to receive additional ESPN channels, including the SEC Network

Disclaimer: I'm not a Sling TV nor YouTube TV employee! ;)

Sling TV Channel List - Cordcutting.com

sling-tv-orange-blue.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is Turner available on any other screaming service?
TNT/TBS/TruTV/TCM are available on Playstation Vue. I use the TCM app on my Amazon Fire TV all the time. It's great. Cannot wait for the tournament this year.

Reaction Score
Do any of these options have DVR type features? Many times I am recording games if my schedule doesn't allow me to watch live. That's a big deal for me and wondering if that is an option here?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Do any of these options have DVR type features? Many times I am recording games if my schedule doesn't allow me to watch live. That's a big deal for me and wondering if that is an option here?
YouTube tv has an unlimited cloud DVR that will store for up to 9 months.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
These services are painfully slow if you are trying to surf channels from my experience
I wouldn't judge a new service before it's launched. Also if any provider/service can pull this off its YouTube (aka Google).

Reaction Score
Then you may look into Sling TV. (I believe the channels below are in the lower tier of Sling TV), They have multiple packages. You can add another to the below package and expand to receive additional ESPN channels, including the SEC Network

Disclaimer: I'm not a Sling TV nor YouTube TV employee! ;)

Sling TV Channel List - Cordcutting.com

sling-tv-orange-blue.png

I have Sling and don't miss DirecTV or the couple hundred dollars a month spent on it. Bonus for me? ACC Network but no BTN or SEC network to subsidize.

Combined Sling with an Amazon Fire Stick and am glad I did so.

Reaction Score
Is the ACC Network optional or part of a plan? I think people in CT and most of New England, NYC, would love not to have to pay for the BTN, SEC, or ACCN. None of them are relevant to UConn fans.

Reaction Score
I have Sling and don't miss DirecTV or the couple hundred dollars a month spent on it. Bonus for me? ACC Network but no BTN or SEC network to subsidize.

I just signed up for Sling TV, on Tuesday. Dropped Comcast's cable portion.....enough is enough with Comcast! I'm still in the free 7 day trial period, I signed up for the Sling Orange + Sling Blue ($40/month)...a saving of $5 when bundled together. Some overlapping channels, I wanted to maximize the sports channels with both.

I also added the Sports Package for another $5/month (it's like getting the sports package for free....saved $5 on the Orange+Blue package). With the sports package these are the added channels; SEC, SEC+, PAC12, ESPNU, ESPN NEWS, NBA and few others. Once you tie in Sling TV as your provider in the WatchESPN app, you're good to go.

All in all with the above packages I will pay $45/month, big difference from Comcast, I still pay for Comcast Internet at $75 (my own modem) for around $120/month....Comcast just raised my monthly bill to $195...that's $75 in my pocket not in Comcast's.

The YES network is also part of Sling. If I could only trade YES for SNY then my life would be almost perfect! :)

Reaction Score
Get amazon fire stick with Kodi
$ 00.00
do you have to order a fire stick specifically with kodi, or can it being downloaded to an existing stick? I know absolutely nothing about this kind of stuff.

Reaction Score
Direct TV has a $35 per month stream only package...has 60+ channels..ESPN, ESPNU etc.

Includes HD DVR

No annual contract

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

We use Sling, Amazon, Netflix and Hulu. More than enough for my family.

Reaction Score
do you have to order a fire stick specifically with kodi, or can it being downloaded to an existing stick? I know absolutely nothing about this kind of stuff.
No. you buy the Firestick and then go through about 6 steps to download then finally use Kodi. Takes about 20 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom