Yankees or Sox? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Yankees or Sox?

Reaction Score
Rizzuto was more with it than Sterling. Always been a clown.

Reaction Score
Any Yankee fans who bash Giancarlo Stanton, don't ever do it again. He totally carried them the second half of the season and stretch run. He has 7 homers in his last 8 playoff games and 14 rbi's. If it wasn't for the green monster he would have 9 homers in last 8 playoff games.

The Yankees won't win anything again until Cashman is fired, it's basically a 2 man team with Judge and Stanton plus a good bullpen. Those 2 are superstars and Cashman is wasting their careers.

Reaction Score

What did you do wrong? You senile moron…..you didn’t actually watch what happened. You were too caught up in doing your stupid schtick. And so you made yourself look like an idiot. THAT is what you did wrong.

Reaction Score
Hell of a year by Bloom, Cora, and the Sox. Expected to win 80-85 during year 2 of a rebuild and they not only make the playoffs over NY, but also have a minor league system that is improving sharply in just two years.
It’s all gravy, I expect Tampa to beat us up, but it’s just fun to watch us back in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Yankees have a lot of work to do moving forward. They finished as the third best team in the division, 8 games behind the Rays, one game behind Boston, and Toronto was right on their backs.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Cora and Boone showed why having a good manager matters.

Red Sox had the same team as last year, but got their manager back and played with fire all year. Looked like a team that believed all night.

Yankees had the best roster in the A.L. and the team underachieved. Tonight their body language in the dugout was putrid.

To relate this back to UConn, the Red Sox are playing for a Dan Hurley and the Yankees are playing for an Edsall.

Yankees need to clean house. Specifically front office & coaches, but some roster changes are due too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Red Sox had the same team as last year, but got their manager back and played with fire all year. Looked like a team that believed all night.

Yankees had the best roster in the A.L. and the team underachieved. Tonight their body language in the dugout was putrid.

To relate this back to UConn, the Red Sox are playing for a Dan Hurley and the Yankees are playing for an Edsall.

Yankees need to clean house. Specifically front office & coaches, but some roster changes are due too.

Yanks should hire Paul Pasqualoni as their coach.

Reaction Score
Hell of a year by Bloom, Cora, and the Sox. Expected to win 80-85 during year 2 of a rebuild and they not only make the playoffs over NY, but also have a minor league system that is improving sharply in just two years.
It’s all gravy, I expect Tampa to beat us up, but it’s just fun to watch us back in the playoffs.
I agree. This season was a pleasant surprise. I especially loved watching Hunter Renfroe's throws. Sale was disappointing against Baltimore and Washington this past week but he is coming off surgery. I am also rooting for Barnes to improve and regain his early season success.

Reaction Score
I'll take the Sox. Eovaldi can pitch in the tough spot and Devers can hit anyone right now.
Good call. Devers didn't get any hits but he did get 2 walks. I was a bit concerned about Eovaldi after his last outing against the Yanks.

Reaction Score
Agree. If George was in charge the entire lot would have been looking for a way home last night. Hal only cares about the bottom line so if they stayed under the cap and they r competitive enough to get fans he’s happy

Since they dropped Yes from Hulu I’ve lost interest. In another year or two I won’t even watch them even in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Eovaldi was awesome tonight.

71 pitches, 54 strikes, 8 Ks, 0 BBs, one run on a Pesky Pole homer.
Great job by him. I wasn't expecting that performance.

Reaction Score
Agree. If George was in charge the entire lot would have been looking for a way home last night. Hal only cares about the bottom line so if they stayed under the cap and they r competitive enough to get fans he’s happy

Since they dropped Yes from Hulu I’ve lost interest. In another year or two I won’t even watch them even in the playoffs.
This. George expected competitiveness and fire. It’s just not there, and it’s quite evident. Stanton and Rizzo seemed to be the only non-pitchers with some passion. -bomb from Stanton after Nevin’s horrible green light for Judge stood out. Biggest disappointment was Cole. He hasn’t had good stuff for over a month and he looked terrified on the mound last night. I know his philosophy is closer to taskmaster Girardi than buddy-buddy Boone, but Showalter got shafted his first time around with the Yankees. He’s older now, but he is the right guy to right this sinking ship.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Red Sox definitely did not have the same team as last year. Not even close. But yes, Cora matters. The really good news for Boston is that Bloom used several bridge players while we wait for kids. Duran should solve the hole in CF next year. Tanner Houck will be in the rotation. Dalbec showed he might stick at 1B, but Casas may be up next season as well. Jeter Downs is a potential solution for the biggest positional hole on the team, 2B, but Yorke may pass him. Need some bullpen help in free agency, and I'd like to bring Renfroe back.

Reaction Score
This. George expected competitiveness and fire. It’s just not there, and it’s quite evident. Stanton and Rizzo seemed to be the only non-pitchers with some passion. -bomb from Stanton after Nevin’s horrible green light for Judge stood out. Biggest disappointment was Cole. He hasn’t had good stuff for over a month and he looked terrified on the mound last night. I know his philosophy is closer to taskmaster Girardi than buddy-buddy Boone, but Showalter got shafted his first time around with the Yankees. He’s older now, but he is the right guy to right this sinking ship.
Spider-tack less Cole will be a salary cap mess for the next 5 years. I’m hoping the next collective bargaining agreement doesn’t have a cap allowing Hal to spend some $$

Reaction Score
As a Red Sox fan, there is something so incredibly beeautiful about Sterling's fake home run call in a Red Sox win in game 163. 43 years later it takes a little bit of the sting out of the loss in the Bucky Dent home run game.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying for a while now that Cole going from ‘good’ to ‘God’ in the last few years is a bit suspicious. I think his hamstring was still bothering him but he tried to pitch through it last night. I’m happy to have him bc he’s still an ace, but between his monumental improvement and the way he answered questions earlier in the year, there’s no doubt he benefited from Spider Tack or whatever it is and he was adjusting on the fly all year when he couldn’t use it.

The team is what it is, lots of home runs and even more strikeouts, but I watched at least parts of most games this year and the base running was probably the thing that angered me the most. I don’t know what the final tally was but a couple of months ago, they had run into something like 29 outs on the bases when the league average was half of that. And many weren’t bang/bang plays, it was getting thrown out by 10 yards at 3B on a grounder to the SS. To me, that’s not being aggressive as Boone and Co. kept trying to explain away, it’s bad baserunning and probably cost them a lot of runs. I’m not saying the team needs someone like Billy Martin who’ll ride these guys like Zorro in the dugout, but someone who’ll give them a kick in the tail once in a while might do some of them some good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
43 years later it takes a little bit of the sting out of the loss in the Bucky Dent home run game.
The sting was lessened after 2004 and gone for me after 2007. By 2018, the role reversal was complete. Sox have 4 titles while the Yanks are known as the team that can't get it done.

Reaction Score

Best roster in the AL? Yankees have good pitching but outside of Judge and Stanton the lineup is absolutely putrid. Blue Jays lineup is way better.

I agree Boone should go but the problem is so much deeper. They need a whole overhaul and it needs to start with getting rid of Cashman.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As a Red Sox fan, there is something so incredibly beeautiful about Sterling's fake home run call in a Red Sox win in game 163. 43 years later it takes a little bit of the sting out of the loss in the Bucky Dent home run game.

Both of the guys for ESPN were such embarrassing homers, blatantly rooting for the Yankees. I think they were worse than most local broadcast announcers. ARod is honestly not very good at this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom