WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

Reaction Score
So you are saying that a college choice is not life changing?
College is life changing but there is no way to know which choice between 2 colleges is the better one. You only get to attend 1 of them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
College is life changing but there is no way to know which choice between 2 colleges is the better one. You only get to attend 1 of them.
I dunno. Some kids try 4 or 5. But no doubt that each move is a life changer. ;)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don't know about the rest of you, but whenever I hear a person of his age come through an interview the way he did, I'm impressed even if they can't pop a tiddley wink into a cup from one foot. Handles himself well.

Reaction Score
Southington up on Hartford Public 48-3 midway through 3rd and Rose has 6 touchdowns

Reaction Score
Enough already...you sound like a broken duck*ing record with this We all know what he puts up for numbers..we all hope he goes to UCONN. And UCONN must know that too because he is being recruited as a QB.
If you go back and read all my posts about this team, coaching staff and their terrible eye for talent as well as how they were going to use Rose it's almost like I traveled to the future and came back to let you know what was going to happen. Unfortunately, the next chapter will only make Uconn football look even worse when Rose lights it up somewhere as a QB. I will come back and gloat then.

Reaction Score
If you go back and read all my posts about this team, coaching staff and their terrible eye for talent as well as how they were going to use Rose it's almost like I traveled to the future and came back to let you know what was going to happen. Unfortunately, the next chapter will only make Uconn football look even worse when Rose lights it up somewhere as a QB. I will come back and gloat then.

This is funny. Your bringing this post back up in an "I told you so" type fashion after the kid didn't make it through 1 day of summer camp and you are blaming staff for not giving him a shot as QB? As if you believe what, that they told him when he committed he would be a QB and then pulled the rug on him before even practicing once? And how many other D1 teams gave him a scholly at QB???? On top of that your hypothetical is completely worthless. Its the oldest one in the book. Oh we will be so pissed when he tears it up elsewhere. I'll tell you right now if we block, the way we block right now, and play call the way we play call right now, and have all the same coaching philosophies we have right now, he could be a Heisman candidate at his next school and it wouldn't have matter if he stayed at Uconn. Seriously NO one would succeed and win games with the structure, team, and vibe we have going on. Keep patting yourself on the back though. Not exactly sure why.

Reaction Score
Ran into Jason at a Southington bagel shop last week. He look be a legitimate 6'4". Don't know him but he seems to be a friendly kid and was talking with a bunch of students. Currently he is at Tunxis CC and will attend CCSC next year. At least that is what I hear.

Reaction Score
So you make a bold prediction that proves to be false...and after running your mouth like you are here when it comes time to have to deal with the fact you were wrong you go and delete your account instead of taking it like a man. Now you are back about 3 months after Jason announces he is leaving UConn and start talking again? @Husky72 I have a message for you that you won't need too high or a reading or comprehension level to understand: WHY DON'T YOU GO duckK YOURSELF! You won't hang around here long..just like you did the last time. That delete account feature is too easy for you to use you DOUCH!
You seem to need a education on him moving on though...
Ran into Jason at a Southington bagel shop last week. He look be a legitimate 6'4". Don't know him but he seems to be a friendly kid and was talking with a bunch of students. Currently he is at Tunxis CC and will attend CCSC next year. At least that is what I hear.
I hope he plays football at central..he will be on the same team with his brother.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

he'll be playing QB at CCSU, his GF goes there and he already has a handshake deal with Rossomando to play when he enrolls. been sitting on this info for a few months but i know a former SHS coach and was told he never had a vested interest in playing high level college FB. especially so far from his signification other. don't wish him any ill will just wish he hadn't wasted a lot of people's time prior to realizing he didn't want to play at stat U.

Reaction Score
he'll be playing QB at CCSU, his GF goes there and he already has a handshake deal with Rossomando to play when he enrolls. been sitting on this info for a few months but i know a former SHS coach and was told he never had a vested interest in playing high level college FB. especially so far from his signification other. don't wish him any ill will just wish he hadn't wasted a lot of people's time prior to realizing he didn't want to play at stat U.
He's a kid who I'm sure had tons of people pressuring him to go play D1 football so I can't really fault him for that. If this is what he wants, just happy he figured it out now.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I bet the Yale coach is wishing she did a hair better on her SAT's.

So its fair game now to tell the real story?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Go for it

I didn't hear this 'story' until the third week of the CFB season - its a story but it makes more and more sense each passing week - my source is someone who lives on the same street as the Rose family does and no reason to make shiite up. Is it true, I dont know for sure...does it make a TON of sense, seems to.

Rose didn't stick out because he missed his GF too much. That simple.

Postings from those who claim to be in the know back up my friends story -

"If his father has any say he will be attending UConn"
"i know a former SHS coach and was told he never had a vested interest in playing high level college FB. especially so far from his signification other"
"His GF goes to CCSU and already has a handshake agreement"

Reaction Score
30 minutes is too far? I could see if she went away to school, but that seems odd. Years ago we lost an OL to CCSU who put the bong first, now this?

Reaction Score
Not every kid wants to eat, breathe, live football 24-7, in college despite having the physical tools to do so.

Even in HS - Football games are fun, but the football season is really, really tough. I was pretty good, one of the best players on my team, and stopped playing because I got injured too many times and the grind wasn't worth it anymore. It's a huge commitment in HS, I can't imagine doing it 24/7 in college. I enjoy coaching football more than I ever enjoyed playing it.

Reaction Score
Heard the story about him being homesick for his girl many months ago.
Never seriously believed until now I guess

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
30 minutes is too far? I could see if she went away to school, but that seems odd. Years ago we lost an OL to CCSU who put the bong first, now this?

You can rest easy that OL also washed out at Central.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom