WOW......this guy is funny! | The Boneyard

WOW......this guy is funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Gomes ever tested positive or was accused of using steroids

Reaction Score
I didn't realize Gomes ever tested positive or was accused of using steroids

You'd have to be ignorant to believe otherwise, or a Red Sox fan I guess! I promise most Sox fans were thinking of him as a 'roider when he was with everyone else, Rays!!! All the twitches and symptoms of one......again not great numbers but more than likely should have never seen Double A without sticking needles in his a**........

Reaction Score
Man the Yankees falling apart has Mau in a real mood this year. Lighten up buddy. I thought you hated A-Rod anyway. :D

At least that's what other Yankee fans are saying.

Reaction Score
Man the Yankees falling apart has Mau in a real mood this year. Lighten up buddy. I thought you hated A-Rod anyway. :D

At least that's what other Yankee fans are saying.

I am seriously FAR from falling apart, bad year. Can't be in it all the time now can we? .........I am sick of baseball period and that's been the way for a while with all this crap out there...........Davis got #40 tonight!! LOL

Have you seen Gomes head.....along the lines of Bonds, Leyritz etc........my point is he should just STFU and be happy he's playing MLB!! Pretty simple.........If he said it while he was on another team I would say the same........

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Clutch homer for Gomes last night.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You'd have to be ignorant to believe otherwise, or a Red Sox fan I guess! I promise most Sox fans were thinking of him as a 'roider when he was with everyone else, Rays!!! All the twitches and symptoms of one......again not great numbers but more than likely should have never seen Double A without sticking needles in his a* ........

Realizing that everyone is suspect, but I'm in the same boat. I didn't realize there was ever an implication that Gomes juiced. That said nothing would surprise me at this point, even Jeter.

Reaction Score
Realizing that everyone is suspect, but I'm in the same boat. I didn't realize there was ever an implication that Gomes juiced. That said nothing would surprise me at this point, even Jeter.
I don't see anything in Gomes stats that would indicate that he juiced. He is a lifetime .244 hitter with decent power and a lot of strikeouts. This year he is hitting .239 with 10 HR's. He has a reputation of being a weak outfielder too. However as a Sox fan, I am delighted to have him on the team this year. He has had some great clutch hits and great plays defensively.

As to his statement that Arod should not be allowed to play while he is under investigation, he is probably legally wrong but perhaps morally correct. I would think the Yankees and their fans would prefer that he not be allowed to play as well.

Reaction Score

Agree

Reaction Score
I don't see anything in Gomes stats that would indicate that he juiced. He is a lifetime .244 hitter with decent power and a lot of strikeouts. This year he is hitting .239 with 10 HR's. He has a reputation of being a weak outfielder too. However as a Sox fan, I am delighted to have him on the team this year. He has had some great clutch hits and great plays defensively.

As to his statement that Arod should not be allowed to play while he is under investigation, he is probably legally wrong but perhaps morally correct. I would think the Yankees and their fans would prefer that he not be allowed to play as well.

You're not a better outfielder because you do anything........and numbers mean nothing!

Let me ask you this.....a guy who is only talented enough to play Single A baseball does it and is suddenly good enough to play in the majors is not going to put up Papi numbers now is he.......it's not only real good players that do this stuff.......but the twitching like Canseco, the huge head which I've seen and the size of him gives me enough to say GUILTY - too bad for him if he's not but that's life in baseball......but I'm pretty sure I'm right and I'm guessing most Red Sox fans would agree if he wasn't wearing that uni.....I thought so when he was a Ray just like Luke Scott too who got huge!!!

Reaction Score
What's with your obsession with steroids? Is this all you do when your baseball team sucks ass?

Stop watching baseball until next February if this is what you're gonna do for the next 6 months.

Reaction Score
What's with your obsession with steroids? Is this all you do when your baseball team sucks ass?

Stop watching baseball until next February if this is what you're gonna do for the next 6 months.

I talked about it last year when your team sucked HUGE a** Vike, monster a**! Baseball isn't as fun I said that last year and for years now.........it's baseball, the game I grew up on playing whiffle ball and call your field thinking I was either a Yankee (Murcer, Munson) or even an occasional Red Sock like Reggie Smith or Boomer.............cheating has ruined it, feel for the kids, it has lost it's innocence.

You weren't anywhere to be found last year that's for sure as baseball was over for your loudmouth a** for 8-9 months they were so awful. Even with a triple A team our guys at least put up a fight. Oh and by the way it's still not over for me, I have a few other teams who can still make it a little more fun for me!! Watch!!;)

Reaction Score
I am seriously FAR from falling apart, bad year. Can't be in it all the time now can we? .........I am sick of baseball period and that's been the way for a while with all this crap out there...........Davis got #40 tonight!! LOL

Have you seen Gomes head.....along the lines of Bonds, Leyritz etc........my point is he should just STFU and be happy he's playing MLB!! Pretty simple.........If he said it while he was on another team I would say the same........
You are turning into a cynical, grumpy old man. If you are bad now I look forward to watching you blow up the next few years as the Yankee stars continue to retire.:) Wait until you start losing 25 yds off your drives and 16 year olds start knocking it by you. Oh, and all those sports injuries you had will come back to get you. Mau will be an intolerable old fart.
Not everyone who is jacked cheated, some just work out the normal way. I don't know about Gomes but you don't either. Actually Gomes looks like one of those pin head body builders unlike Bonds etc. with the fat heads.
Still look forward to your posts because you know the game.

Reaction Score
You are turning into a cynical, grumpy old man. If you are bad now I look forward to watching you blow up the next few years as the Yankee stars continue to retire.:)Wait until you start losing 25 yds off your drives and 16 year olds start knocking it by you. Oh, and all those sports injuries you had will come back to get you.
Not everyone who is jacked cheated, some just work out the normal way. I don't know about Gomes but you don't either. Actually Gomes looks like one of those pin head body builders unlike Bonds etc. with the fat heads.

Start losing 25 yds off my drives? That started at 45 and the injuries........duckk I need 'roids!! I'm not grumpy and I am not at all picking on Sox or upset about the Yanks......it was a great run. One you and other Sox fans can only dream of, although you did have an 85 year run once which was unheard of :oops:............

Gomes is not a body builder he's a roider........a pretty crappy player who needs some juice to stay on a roster........not picking on Jonny there's ton of alike players......it's just part of the game now! Until they figure it out it will never be the same and people will break records they don't deserve and win games and titles they don't deserve. But hey, Bud was okay with it when baseball made it's comeback with Mark McGuire and Sammy so now he's ready to go to war. But he's losing........sorry guys but it's just not the same game. And that's probably more the reason I could care less how bad the Yanks are rather than the fact they've had a great run and were due.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Start losing 25 yds off my drives? That started at 45 and the injuries........duckk I need 'roids!! I'm not grumpy and I am not at all picking on Sox or upset about the Yanks......it was a great run. One you and other Sox fans can only dream of, although you did have an 85 year run once which was unheard of :oops:............

Gomes is not a body builder he's a roider........a pretty crappy player who needs some juice to stay on a roster........not picking on Jonny there's ton of alike players......it's just part of the game now! Until they figure it out it will never be the same and people will break records they don't deserve and win games and titles they don't deserve. But hey, Bud was okay with it when baseball made it's comeback with Mark McGuire and Sammy so now he's ready to go to war. But he's losing........sorry guys but it's just not the same game. And that's probably more the reason I could care less how bad the Yanks are rather than the fact they've had a great run and were due.

For the Record, it was 86 years. The White Sox had a run 2 years longer (1917-2005), and the Cubbies are working on 106 and counting (1908- ). Also, Cleveland is at 65 years...So it's not exactly unheard of, but still...;)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
For the Record, it was 86 years. The White Sox had a run 2 years longer (1917-2005), and the Cubbies are working on 106 and counting (1908- ). Also, Cleveland is at 65 years...So it's not exactly unheard of, but still...;)

Best Bosux bumper sticker after they finally broke the streak "Nobody Beats us 87 Years in a Row."
As I said to my ardent Sux fan buddy recently, how come Big Papi's old nickname was Tiny Papi.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You're not a better outfielder because you do anything........and numbers mean nothing!

Let me ask you this.....a guy who is only talented enough to play Single A baseball does it and is suddenly good enough to play in the majors is not going to put up Papi numbers now is he.......it's not only real good players that do this stuff.......but the twitching like Canseco, the huge head which I've seen and the size of him gives me enough to say GUILTY - too bad for him if he's not but that's life in baseball......but I'm pretty sure I'm right and I'm guessing most Red Sox fans would agree if he wasn't wearing that uni.....I thought so when he was a Ray just like Luke Scott too who got huge!!!
I thought you might want this for your collection. He looks pretty normal to me.
th

Reaction Score
I thought you might want this for your collection. He looks pretty normal to me.
th

Just thinking of the person on the other end of "60's" if this is normal........:confused:..........I guess Napoli does too. You know since I'm on a roll and baseball sucks (LOL) can these 2 Hercules-wannabees please button their top 2 buttons it looks like a uniform?

Reaction Score

You are amazing, you can tell without a doubt if some guy who hits 15 or 20 hr's is a roider. Incredible how good you are at doing that.

I'm sorry but save it. We're supposed to believe that you losing interest in baseball isn't cuz the Yankees are in 4th and dropping like an anvil? And it has nothing to do with the team you hate being in 1st out of nowhere? It's because because 10-HR Jonny Gomes is definitely a roider and steroids are all over the sport? Other than Chris Davis who has a crazy HR total this year? Cabrera - the best hitter in a long time - is on pace to hit 4oish.

Please. Ironic how obsessed you are right now about roids when baseball is probably the cleanest it's been in 20 or 25 years. Like I said before, stop watching baseball if its too miserable for you...for whatever reason.

Reaction Score
You are amazing, you can tell without a doubt if some guy who hits 15 or 20 hr's is a roider. Incredible how good you are at doing that.

I'm sorry but save it. We're supposed to believe that you losing interest in baseball isn't cuz the Yankees are in 4th and dropping like an anvil? And it has nothing to do with the team you hate being in 1st out of nowhere? It's because because 10-HR Jonny Gomes is definitely a roider and steroids are all over the sport? Other than Chris Davis who has a crazy HR total this year? Cabrera - the best hitter in a long time - is on pace to hit 4oish.

Please. Ironic how obsessed you are right now about roids when baseball is probably the cleanest it's been in 20 or 25 years. Like I said before, stop watching baseball if its too miserable for you...for whatever reason.

Wow as good as I am in figuring out who the 'roiders are you;re Kreskin when it comes to me and my moods on baseball......

By the way please reread the post.....I know at times you are VERY slow. I do not KNOW I am right but I find it fairly easy to see these guys progress. If you honestly believe I just now began (when he changed uni's)to think Gomes was a user then you're Kreskin days have come to an abrupt stop. And how do numbers play out here? Wouldn't they be relative to the guys abilities? You need to dig deeper in that pea brain.......Cabrera - yep, Davis - For sure................so many more. Really hard to explain to someone who only sees Red........and I get it.

It's the cleanest again because why - you, Kreskin say so? Guess again! They have no clue how these guys are masking.........Adam Jones, Upton, Encarnarcion, Bautista - on and on and on.....bit it's clean huh?

Please...........you can't be as stupid as this seems?

Reaction Score
Wow as good as I am in figuring out who the 'roiders are you;re Kreskin when it comes to me and my moods on baseball......

By the way please reread the post.....I know at times you are VERY slow. I do not KNOW I am right but I find it fairly easy to see these guys progress. If you honestly believe I just now began (when he changed uni's)to think Gomes was a user then you're Kreskin days have come to an abrupt stop. And how do numbers play out here? Wouldn't they be relative to the guys abilities? You need to dig deeper in that pea brain.......Cabrera - yep, Davis - For sure................so many more. Really hard to explain to someone who only sees Red........and I get it.

It's the cleanest again because why - you, Kreskin say so? Guess again! They have no clue how these guys are masking.........Adam Jones, Upton, Encarnarcion, Bautista - on and on and on.....bit it's clean huh?

Please...........you can't be as stupid as this seems?
So when exactly in his career do you think Gomes started juicing? Give me insight into your steroid barometer and how it works. You do realize Gomes was hitting HR's in the minors, right? You do realize he's been at most a 20-HR type in the majors right? You do realize he only had 18 HR last year and 10 this year right? yet your singling him out as some roider?

It's the cleanest in 20 years because a) they have the toughest testing they've ever had, including blood/HGH testing. Also look at the HR leaders compared to the McGwire/Sosa days of Steroidpalooza. I'm not saying everyone's clean, but it is as clean as it's been in 20 years, yes.
Now please explain to me why it's not the cleanest it's been in 20 years in your opinion? I'd love to know.

And I'm not kidding that you should probably stop watching the sport because you think a lot of the talent that's out there is juicing up and it's killing you. Why would you want to be that miserable? Of course you can't watch the NFL...cuz they're roiding. Hell the NBA is probably roiding somewhat.

Reaction Score
Viking let's be honest here........my posts are killing you more than guys juicing in sports are killing me. I am far less "miserable" than my posts would warrant, it's just an opinion I will stand by and if you don't agree that's okay. It's funny you think it's clean when things are so obvious to so many. I guess now that they are testing it HAS to be somewhat cleaner but if you think they figured it out you're clueless. But hey to each his own right..........although I express my opinion I promise, and I know this will kill you, I am able to sleep at night, work diligently each day at my job, play golf and drink while taking care of my family.

And you think HR's are the only conclusion on users? Numbers are? What if you don't have the already laid physical gifts of McGuire, Sosa, ARod etc etc? There is no baseline on numbers my friend.........if you hoinestly think there aren't quite a few MLers who deserve to still be in the minors but are using in order to maintain a roster spot then you are missing yet another boat in your life.

Again, in the long run none of this has anything to do with my life so who cares. I only throw out my opinion and as a kid who put a glove on when I was about 2 and played at many levels, rooted for many heroes while trying to be them some day - this game now is not even close to back in the day. It's a game of cheaters and until they get a full grip on it or else just allow a new era, it's not apple pie and chevrolet anymore.

But I still watch it...........;)

Reaction Score
You keep saying Gomes using is so obvious to many, yet your the only one saying it. So easy to sit behind your computer or phone make assumptions about people because younthink they have big heads. The guy has been in majors for 10 years with no road accusation from anyone but you.

I am assuming your response will be I am stupid or ignorant or something about Red Sox fan since 2004.

Reaction Score
You keep saying Gomes using is so obvious to many, yet your the only one saying it. So easy to sit behind your computer or phone make assumptions about people because younthink they have big heads. The guy has been in majors for 10 years with no road accusation from anyone but you.

I am assuming your response will be I am stupid or ignorant or something about Red Sox fan since 2004.

My response is not anything to you. And while I have no idea whom else may think he does can you please explain to me why you are so sure this guy behind the computer is "the only one saying it"? Because you know that sitting behind your computer right? Funny!...................again not sure if you comprehended or even can (after all you are probably also a Sox fan), but I did say it's my "opinion". Funny my thoughts on Upton, Davis, Cabrera, Encarnarcion aren't debated here though are they?? Sox fans, so easy!:)

Reaction Score
Yes I am sitting behind my computer, but I'm not throwing negative opinions at anyone who has not been associated with steroids. Not just Gomes. Everyone you mentioned. Not trying to get into a pissing match. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom