Would we be more attractive to B10 than Rutgers? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would we be more attractive to B10 than Rutgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
That's from si
Com

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
RU is also a fertile recruiting ground and very close to B1G alumni in NYC.

Unlike Swofford who actually thought Syracuse was a borough of NYC and people in Boston cared about BC, Delaney and the B1G did a lot of research before adding Maryland and RU. I watched the press conference today and Delaney came across as someone who really did his due-diligence.

I would love to join RU in the B1G but think we are a few more attractive schools ahead of us (UVA & UNC) that the B1G would first target.

Reaction Score
Seems things have quieted down on the realignment front. That's not good for UConn. Clearly neither the Big10 or the ACC are in a hurry to add UConn for whatever reasons. The ACC is probably either considering other Big East options like Louisville or they are trying to see if they can poach "better" options from the Big12. That may not be possible but it would be logical for them to try that first. If this AAU thing is really a requirement for the Big10, we are dead to them. I was surprised to see what little research is done at the med school and I am also surprised that it matters so much to the AAU mafia that the med school is on campus. The whole thing is insane. Why does research expenditure matter to a sports conference? I would send my kids to UConn over Buffalo or Stony Brook in an instant.

We really need to make a push for the ACC. After giving it more thought, I don't see the ACC as dieing like the Big East is. If one assumes that the Big12 is higher on the food chain, and I am not sure they are, they and the Big10, PAC10 and SEC will fill themselves out with the 64 best options. That will pull some schools out of the ACC but not all of them. Frankly, there are more logical, more local, options for, say, the PAC10 and Big12 than some of the ACC schools. The ACC will scoop up the remaining high profile schools, like UConn, and will still be a good enough conference to be a BCS conference and good enough for us to be able to compete in basketball with schools from the other 4 power conferences. I still see the ACC as a power conference when the dust settles, even if it is the weakest of the 5. And if the ACC can work out a deal with ND, similar to what Texas has with the Big12, I think the ACC will be pretty much on par with the Big12.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think UCONN and Louisville would be good fits for the Big10. It would expand a bit on the geography and give them an even 16. Just my 2 cents. I would be happy with either though.
Louisville?
jackie-chan-wtf-face-meme-i17.jpg

Reaction Score
realignment.jpg

Given that football is driving everything, followed by geographic considerations, here is a possible end game with BYU added to the PAC12, ND added to the ACC, and Navy, UMess and Army added to the MAC. This is from a site I found online. They didn't have the independents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom