Would have lost a game this year if Roscoe stayed? | The Boneyard

Would have lost a game this year if Roscoe stayed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe Louisville but another frontcourt player would have helped. I couldn't have cared less about Alex leaving, Bradley had family reasons, Lamb and Andre are in the show (although Lamb is off, off Broadway) but Roscoe stung. I wonder what might have been.

Reaction Score
Yes we would have lost more then one game- but we would have at least 2 more Ws. He is the one guy we are missing the most right now out of the two.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We have some size coming in next year and RJ Evans is the only SR of consequence on his way out. I do not expect Omar, Boat, or Bazz to bail after the season so next year could be really special, especially with Roscoe (Next year would have been his 4th year of eligibility). Be that as it may, Roscoe had to do what he thought was best for his career. I still think next year will be fun...

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Not sure if I'm right, but I've always been of the mindset, that if we were eligible, Drummond would have stayed for another year.... And if he competed the way he is in the show this year, we would of easily been the team to beat or atleast in the convo.

However I can't be too salty about it, the shock still hasn't wore off from 2011.... Still can't believe we made that run.

Reaction Score
If he stayed, the substitution pattern/rotation would be very different. I would guess that he would have paired with DD at the forward slots....that would be a interesting combo to watch. oh well....

Reaction Score
The heart that those who stayed have showed -- mostly Bazz, but the others as well -- makes me miss Roscoe less. We're doing just fine without him.

Reaction Score
I would've thought about The Dukes of Hazzard a lot more.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
'Scoe's transfer hurt the most out of all of them in my opinion. Shame. He's exactly what this team needs right now. And he was a great rebounder at the 4 spot.

I think we still lose to UL, but that's probably it. And UL crushed us in the paint, so maybe he could have helped, who knows.

Reaction Score
+1

I think it would have been a great match as well. I also think he didn't want to have anything to do with JC after last season but the decision somewhat backfired. Didn't know Ollie would be the next Coach and wasn't granted eligibility...

Reaction Score
He made an enormous mistake. I bet it set in on him before halftime of the Michigan State game

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If I had to pick one of the guys leaving it would have been Andre. Roscoe would have been a close second.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I was devastated when Roscoe decided to leave because I absolutely loved him, but it would have been a doubled edged sword had he stayed.

He definitely would have helped on the inside with rebounding, defense,and just overall toughness.

However, if he stayed then DeAndre's growth would have been severely stunted. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the two of them would have played together, but I just don't see that. And if they did play together then there would be much less room in the rotation for Omar (or even Niels). DeAndre's offensive game is light years ahead of Roscoe's, and only getting better as he grows more confident. Seeing as this is a throw away year, I like seeing DeAndre play more, even more importantly play through his struggles, gain more confidence, and hopefully be ready to tear it up next year. He's shown signs that he can be that 3rd option.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He made an enormous mistake. I bet it set in on him before halftime of the Michigan State game

And he left so he could play more games in March? Sheez.

I agree, he was probably pretty sad watching that game in Germany.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
And he left so he could play more games in March? Sheez.

I agree, he was probably pretty sad watching that game in Germany.

He won't be playing this year, he is sitting out. So he basically missed a post-season for nothing.

Reaction Score
Or Roscoe could have stunk and we could have 2 more loses.. There is no way to tell.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He won't be playing this year, he is sitting out. So he basically missed a post-season for nothing.
He still gets the opportunity for two postseasons vs. one! Not saying the opportunity will be recognized!

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Maybe Louisville but another frontcourt player would have helped. I couldn't have cared less about Alex leaving, Bradley had family reasons, Lamb and Andre are in the show (although Lamb is off, off Broadway) but Roscoe stung. I wonder what might have been.

Imagine if we had a senior Roscoe for next year. That hurts more. Even with this tourney ban this year ,Roscoe , Shabazz , Tyler , niels and wolf could've been the first group with two championships.

Reaction Score

Yes

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I was devastated when Roscoe decided to leave because I absolutely loved him, but it would have been a doubled edged sword had he stayed.

He definitely would have helped on the inside with rebounding, defense,and just overall toughness.

However, if he stayed then DeAndre's growth would have been severely stunted. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the two of them would have played together, but I just don't see that. And if they did play together then there would be much less room in the rotation for Omar (or even Niels). DeAndre's offensive game is light years ahead of Roscoe's, and only getting better as he grows more confident. Seeing as this is a throw away year, I like seeing DeAndre play more, even more importantly play through his struggles, gain more confidence, and hopefully be ready to tear it up next year. He's shown signs that he can be that 3rd option.

Excellent points. So next year we could get a Deandre that could do some of things Roscoe did but be a far better offensive player . If roscoe stayed it would've stunted the growth of both players. It's slighty kinda like the problem the Knicks are having with Amare and Carmelo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or Roscoe could have stunk and we could have 2 more loses.. There is no way to tell.
I doubt it. I think this would have been a great year for him. A lot of opportunity to score.

Reaction Score
I think Roscoe was assuming he was going to get one of those "programs in duress" waivers or whatever. Had he known he was going to sit out this year I really think he would have stayed.

I'm really happy with what Niels and Deandre have been doing (for the most part) so I don't want to say it'd make a huge difference. However, it'd probably have given Niels more time on the wing meaning less RJ (a plus in my book).

Reaction Score
Roscoe was my favorite player last year. Always played with energy and seemed like a team first guy. Love scoe. But I think it's unfair to say we would have only one loss with him. Good player. But no way he makes up the other 4 losses besides Louisville..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom